talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Pre-Season Friendlies/Tours 2017/18

football forum

Hearts are in Dublin from 3 July with a friendly tbc probably on the 5th. We have confirmed Linfield in Belfast on the 8th. Gutted about these two as I'm on holiday in Cornwall that week. Hopefully get a friendly in England this year. Rumours that we could be doing something with Everton to remember "the golden vision" Alex Young. Finger crossed. 

Already mentioned but I'm looking forward to,

Palace v Schalke  - 5 Aug. 

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Heard from a source at the club we're playing Borussia Monchengladbach at home as our 'glamour' friendly before the start of the season. 

• Administrator
On 2017-6-6 at 3:16 PM, Stan said:

Heard from a source at the club we're playing Borussia Monchengladbach at home as our 'glamour' friendly before the start of the season. 

and this has now been confirmed :) 

• Subscriber

Good friendly that. Hopefully they bring a fair few. Much more content with this pre-season than last years. Called last years being a shambles at the time and was ridiculed on Foxestalk.

We've got nothing exciting yet, trips to Darlington, Hearts, Bradford & Preston.

I'll probably do a couple of them, Darlington & Preston most likely - not that bothered about pre-season but they are good days out.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

That Audi Cup doesn't sound half bad, I might actually give it a watch if I'm off work when it's shown.

Bayern and Atleti are obviously favourites to go through but you never know what will happen in friendlies.

sometimes these friendly tournaments can be alright to watch. I remember quite a few seasons ago I went to watch Barca vs Spurs and Celtic vs Al-Ahly at Wembley. Doesn't sound too inspiring but tickets were only about £10. Not bad for 2 matches in one day when you think about it though. 

I won't be. We have an MLS team to support down here, and with having a baby and fixing up the house, there comes a time I have to say no to certain events.

Not to mention I'm about to shell out $700 for Alabama vs Florida State tickets.

@Teso Dos Bichos Sorry man, forgot to quote you.

9 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Man, the atmosphere for that game is going to be off the chain. Im looking for tickets for the alabama vs lsu game in Tuscaloosa. 

Yeah, having spent money going to the SEC Championship, Peach Bowl, and National Championship last year, I may sit back a little bit considering how much money that all was. I may only go to the FSU, SEC Championship (if we get there), and Natty (if we get there) since it's in Atlanta this year.

4 hours ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Spurs vs man city playing in Nashville not too far from me and the traffic is not as bad as atlanta or Houston. Young going to any preseason games around here @Eco or @Spike

I don't bother with friendlies

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

14 July - Premier League friendlies

Fortuna Dusseldorf 0-2 Brighton (J Murphy, T Hemed)

Shamrock Rovers 0-4 Burnley (J Walters, A Barnes, R Brady, S Vokes)

Wigan 1-1 Liverpool (M Salah)

Hearts 1-2 Newcastle (D Gayle, J Shelvey)

Tomorrow

Western Sydney v Arsenal, Maidstone v Crystal Palace, AFC Wimbledon v Watford, Monaco v Stoke, St Gallen v Southampton, Estoril v Bournemouth

• Subscriber

Ours gets underway on Wednesday with a game against West Brom in Hong Kong xD showing the world what the Premier League is all about.

I can see why they've picked Leicester v West Brom & Crystal Palace v Liverpool. Two fixtures where the home team never wins. So some deciders abroad.

I'm on holiday so will actually be able to watch ours.

Winners of the two play each other on Saturday. Unsure if there's a third place. I'd imagine there will be.

First friendly in England is at Luton on the 26th. I'm there.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Dan said:

Ours gets underway on Wednesday with a game against West Brom in Hong Kong xD showing the world what the Premier League is all about.

I can see why they've picked Leicester v West Brom & Crystal Palace v Liverpool. Two fixtures where the home team never wins. So some deciders abroad.

I'm on holiday so will actually be able to watch ours.

Winners of the two play each other on Saturday. Unsure if there's a third place. I'd imagine there will be.

First friendly in England is at Luton on the 26th. I'm there.

£20 quid :S:S how is a friendly at Luton costing that much!?

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Stan said:

£20 quid :S:S how is a friendly at Luton costing that much!?

You are joking me surely?

I'm in two minds now. That's absolutely daft.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Dan said:

You are joking me surely?

I'm in two minds now. That's absolutely daft.

I thought they were but just checked online. They're £15 but still think that's expensive for a friendly in Luton!

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

I thought they were but just checked online. They're £15 but still think that's expensive for a friendly in Luton!

Bit better. I appreciate I sound a tightarse but £20 for a friendly is ridiculous.

Will you go? That's a good one for you surely. As is MK Dons.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Dan said:

Bit better. I appreciate I sound a tightarse but £20 for a friendly is ridiculous.

Will you go? That's a good one for you surely. As is MK Dons.

nah you're not wrong. It is ridiculous considering it was cheaper to go to a League Cup game against Chelsea last season.

Yeah will probably go Luton. That'll probably have more senior players in as opposed to MK Dons. And we play Wolves the day after MK Dons so I presume that'll have more senior players as well. 

• Subscriber

July 15

Western Sydney 1-3 Arsenal (Giroud, Ramsey, Elneny)

Maidstone 1-3 Crystal Palace (Mutch x2, Berkeley)

AFC Wimbledon 3-2 Watford (Watson, Berghuis)

St Gallen 0-0 Southampton

Monaco 4-2 Stoke (Berahino, Diouf)

Estoril 1-2 Bournemouth (Ibe, Gradel)

Tonight/Tomorrow: Philadelphia Union v Swansea, LA Galaxy v Man Utd, Bury v Huddersfield

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

July 15

Western Sydney 1-3 Arsenal (Giroud, Ramsey, Elneny)

Maidstone 1-3 Crystal Palace (Mutch x2, Berkeley)

AFC Wimbledon 3-2 Watford (Watson, Berghuis)

St Gallen 0-0 Southampton

Monaco 4-2 Stoke (Berahino, Diouf)

Estoril 1-2 Bournemouth (Ibe, Gradel)

Tonight/Tomorrow: Philadelphia Union v Swansea, LA Galaxy v Man Utd, Bury v Huddersfield

xD

How on earth did that come about?

• Administrator

We beat West Brom 8-7 on penalties after a 1-1 draw in the Premier League Asia Trophy.

Playing Liverpool in the final on Saturday after they beat Palace. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived