• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Pre-Season Friendlies/Tours 2017/18

football forum

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FC Barcelona 2-1 Juventus

It was all about one thing and one thing alone in that game...  Neymar Jr.  It was a pure exhibition from the guy and the question is, where has that Neymar been for so long?  What's that all about.  I know it's a friendly (pre season), everyone knows this and everyone is taking that into perspective.  But there are other things that were evident in Neymar's performance that were never there before.  Yes he's given off extraordinary performances for Barça like the return leg against none other than PSG in the Champions League last season (the 6-1), but something here looked different.  The team look hungry and they look hungry because there are decisions to be made on the future of many which is a good thing.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Must of been some challenge to get sent off in a fucking friendly 

Handball from Trapp outside the box, Kane was going to score - easy decision 

• Subscriber
On 7/21/2017 at 7:48 AM, Smiley Culture said:

This. 

Then come October time, a manager of a big club will moan about players being tired due to the amount of travelling they're doing due to Europe and Internationals but failing to mention the ghastly money making exercise of a World Tour they embark on in pre-season. 

The same reason I'll argue against winter breaks in England. What do people seriously think clubs will use that break for?

It's all utter bullshit.

• Subscriber
On 7/22/2017 at 2:14 PM, Cannabis said:

Leicester/Liverpool was boring me to tears so I've turned over to the Arsenal/Chelsea game. It's a very impressive performance from the Blues I must admit, they're making the Gunners look like a tier three side. 

Also, AFTV are sharpening their pitchforks already; 

Saw both of our games in Hong Kong, both decent first halves, both horrendous in the second.

Thought both results were fair. We were better than West Brom over 90 minutes and Liverpool were better than us.

Glad they're now back in England and the proper stuff can start. These daft friendlies in conditions we won't face all season are totally pointless from a football point of view, although we all know really that's not why they're played.

Are Liverpool seriously still playing in another two tournaments after this? I'd back them to start the league campaign slowly.

Not watching it as I am at work, but apparently it's the same ordeal of getting dominated in midfield. 

So long are the days where a 2 man midfield can win the Champions League. Football has evolved since then. I can't stress myself enough the amount of times I have claimed that against top opposition, we need a 3 man midfield. City and Spurs were prime examples of where our 2 man midfield just got battered. 

Will watch the highlights and analyse the game more, but from the sound of it, it is showing why Alonso and Moses need to be upgraded on. 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Not watching it as I am at work, but apparently it's the same ordeal of getting dominated in midfield. 

So long are the days where a 2 man midfield can win the Champions League. Football has evolved since then. I can't stress myself enough the amount of times I have claimed that against top opposition, we need a 3 man midfield. City and Spurs were prime examples of where our 2 man midfield just got battered. 

Will watch the highlights and analyse the game more, but from the sound of it, it is showing why Alonso and Moses need to be upgraded on. 

Actually Kante and Bakayoko could work, hell even Matić. But Kante and Cesc against tough opposition no way.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived