talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Pre-Season Friendlies/Tours 2017/18

football forum

12 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Inter getting all the luck today... Officials have made some bad decisions.. 

Officiating was horrid. No way a penalty and When bats goal was ruled disallowed I just laughed.

Did the ref win some sort of lottery to officiate this game? Where did they find this guy? xD

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overall not on our level, the penalty was hilarious so was the decision to deny Michy a perfectly regular goal.  Never hit second gear until the last 25 minutes. Musonda looked very good and i hope he gets some game time next season. Start like this against Arsenal and we will get smashed.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Stan said:

we've got Wolves today at Molineux with a fairly strong squad as expected after most of the fringe players/second string played yesterday.

Hoping for a better game than last night because that was shit xD 

It was somehow even worse.

One goal in three games against lower league opposition. Minimal number of chances created.

That team out today should not be playing that badly.

The only excuse I can make is that intensity is probably our biggest asset and we were holding off from using it entirely because it's a friendly.

But I'm far from convinced by us at the minute. We look poor.

• Administrator
Just now, Dan said:

It was somehow even worse.

One goal in three games against lower league opposition. Minimal number of chances created.

That team out today should not be playing that badly.

The only excuse I can make is that intensity is probably our biggest asset and we were holding off from using it entirely because it's a friendly.

But I'm far from convinced by us at the minute. We look poor.

agreed. somehow worse than last night and I'm worried we've only scored three times in 5 games. 

Without Mahrez we will be seriously fucked because we can't create anything for shit. Without high intensity we don't really have a plan b. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

agreed. somehow worse than last night and I'm worried we've only scored three times in 5 games. 

Without Mahrez we will be seriously fucked because we can't create anything for shit. Without high intensity we don't really have a plan b. 

I'd sign another creative player even if we didn't lose Mahrez. If we do I'd sign two.

Okazaki needs slowly phasing out of the team. Hard worker but he is literally just that. He carries so little threat for an attacking player it's beyond belief.

I think Drinkwater's going to come under real pressure too. He looks like he's picked up from where he left off last season.

1 hour ago, ...Dan said:

Reiss Nelson has impressed in every pre-season match he's played. Looking forward to.seeing him in the EL.

Yeah, he's shown a lot of quality. Lets hope he's not one of those players that stops trying because he thinks he's made it as soon as he gets into the first team.

• Subscriber
32 minutes ago, Stan said:

Slimani's injury from earlier after a tackle from a Wolves player. Studs on the back of the knee...

DF6eArwWAAAq1aU.jpg

Fucking hell O.o he's not had a lot of luck has he?

I'm desperate for Shakespeare to do well but we've got to show a lot more than we have in these past three games. One goal against Luton, MK Dons and Wolves is diabolical for a side who claim they want to push for Europe.

It's the first El Clásico outside Spain for the first time since the early 80's which was held in Venezuela at the time (curiously Vicente del Bosque scored the 1-0 winner for Real Madrid that night)...  It's in Miami and starts now for whoever is interested.  I'm going to bed though because I'm knackered and will watch it tomorrow.

REAL MADRID v FC BARCELONA

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Cannabis said:

I've said a few times on here since he was appointed that Shakespeare will be gone by Christmas and I've seen nothing so far this summer to suggest that I'm wrong. He was great as a breath of fresh air when the club was in dire straits but he's not the manager the side needs to push for Europe or the top half.

I'm not sure I agree he'll be gone by Christmas and it's probably still too early to judge, although I'd be lying if I said I was happy with how things have gone in pre-season.

We tailed off towards the end of last season but I gave him the benefit of the doubt because of our packed schedule and the injuries we had as a result. Anyone would've struggled with the defence we had towards the end.

The worry for me is that he doesn't show any imagination. He restored the style of play that makes us so effective after Ranieri went mad but my concern is we show little beyond that - although in fairness to him, it's pre-season and our trick is in our intensity, which is always lacking in pre-season, so again I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

But I'd be lying if I said I was encouraged so far.

20170730-636369856633931160_201707300431

REAL MADRID 2-3 FC BARCELONA

Goals from Messi, Rakitić and Piqué for Barcelona and Kovacić and Asensio for Real Madrid.

Great game and very entertaining for a pre-season clash.  They'll be meeting up again very soon in the Supercopa de España.

• Subscriber

We were awful - but it's pre season so can't read too much into it. However not convinced Trippier is good enough to be first choice RB. Step down from Walker. We need a couple of signings to inject some energy into the squad 

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, shut up said:

Janssen is probably the worst striker I have ever seen in a spurs shirt. They should have signed LucasPerez instead, he would have scored loads in that Tottenham team.

Not even close to being the worst, we've had some shockers 

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Ross Barkley will come to save the day. 

Think Ross would be a good player for us - would add to the squad definitely. Deadline day deal though 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived