Head to Head
Southampton - 33 wins
Draws - 29
Leicester - 27 wins

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Not sure what to make of this. I think Southampton will be really up for this especially in front of the cameras and they'll want to get a win after a poor run of form.

Got a feeling Ings will score.

Think Albrighton will play instead of Perez. Gray did well when he came on against Burnley but don't think he'll start. Got a feeling Choudhury might start too...

Schmeichel

Pereira - Soyuncu - Evans - Chilwell

Ndidi - Choudhury

Albrighton - Tielemans - Maddison

Vardy

Albrighton will be the winger that stays out wide. Maddison as the inverted winger. If Choudhury doesn't play then Barnes will as a winger and Maddison will move in centrally.

• Subscriber

I'd personally go...

Schmeichel

Ricardo - Evans - Soyuncu - Chilwell

Ndidi

Tielemans - Praet

Barnes - Vardy - Albrighton

I think that's the best way we get any kind of linking up on the left. I've left Maddison out because there was talk he was injured? I like our players having a bit more freedom - I don't like us clogging all the space for Tielemans to create anything for example, if we have good enough movement off the ball he will find them. Barnes has looked quite a threat from the right I think.

I really think we should win this. They've got the worst home record in the league and have been generally dog shit there for a long time now. Southampton always used to be a hard fixture for nearly anyone in the league but they don't worry me anymore. If we keep our discipline, they will cock up and give us a chance.

I'm quite confident of this for some reason.

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Stan said:

And Bertrand sent off. How the hell do you have complaints about that? Misses the ball, studs up on the side of the shin. Dirty.

Don’t think it was dirty that’s nonsense. It’s a bad tackle mainly due to the conditions. Right to send him off but really don’t think it’s intentional. He’s miscontrolled the ball and overstretched trying to recover in these conditions. Feel for him a bit, right call, but not dirty 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Storts said:

Don’t think it was dirty that’s nonsense. It’s a bad tackle mainly due to the conditions. Right to send him off but really don’t think it’s intentional. He’s miscontrolled the ball and overstretched trying to recover in these conditions. Feel for him a bit, right call, but not dirty 

Can't blame the conditions though. Yeah he miscontrols the ball but no reason to put your foot up that high and totally miss the ball?

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Can't blame the conditions though. Yeah he miscontrols the ball but no reason to put your foot up that high and totally miss the ball?

He’s clearly going for the ball on the stretch and missed it. No intent to go for the man. As I said, red card, but not dirty. See a lot worse in that regard. Feel for him think there should be a bit more leniency generally in these conditions  

How long do we think Hasenhuttl gets? Man City next week, another defeat. Failure to beat Everton at home the week after could see them pull the trigger during the international break? A potential new manager would be coming into a nice run to settle in after they've played Arsenal away.

• Subscriber
Just now, LFCMike said:

How long do we think Hasenhuttl gets? Man City next week, another defeat. Failure to beat Everton at home the week after could see them pull the trigger during the international break? A potential new manager would be coming into a nice run to settle in after they've played Arsenal away.

Sacked after this 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Hope so! Had him at 20/1 a couple of weeks ago haha

Not sure how he can survive this. Players aren’t even trying. Thought even before the red card and goal they looked horrific too 

• The title was changed to Southampton 0-9 Leicester - Friday 25th October, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived