Head to Head
Liverpool - 80 wins
Draws - 43
Tottenham - 48 wins

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Click into gear by beating Red Star at home?

I mean that's a hell of a lot better than losing to fucking Brighton, isn't it?

Spurs will be up for this because they'll be pissed off about us beating them in the CL final. Hopefully we're up for this because a win here would be massive.

17 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I mean that's a hell of a lot better than losing to fucking Brighton, isn't it?

Spurs will be up for this because they'll be pissed off about us beating them in the CL final. Hopefully we're up for this because a win here would be massive.

Anything less than a win for us after how bad Spurs have been recently would be hugely disappointing

• Subscriber

I'm not so sure we'll really run them over. After last night's match and the game against United teams are thinking they can bypass the high backline to get to goal. Genk could have scored from their opportunities last night if they had a better striker and Kane is the exact kind of person you don't want in those positions. 

I don't think Spurs will drastically improve based on their mid-week performance but its these kinds of games that always worry me a bit. We do have the home advantage but our defense at times in that first half didn't look as stable as it was last season. 

Just now, Harry said:

I just hope it's a more interesting game than the Champions league final... 😴

I don't. I'll take a boring win all fucking day season long. Eyes on the prize, we don't need to be great entertainers to anyone other than Liverpool fans - and nothing would entertain us more than if we're still top by the time the season is over. So a nice easy win like the CL final and I'm happy as fuck. Let's get as many of those as we can before the season ends.

3 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Liverpool to be second by Christmas. 2-2.

On what evidence? Why do you rate City (with many injuries and who have dropped points) to be above us in the next 8 week? Have Liverpool not proven some resolve and quality to you to suggest we may be able to keep City at bay? 

You seem intent on ignoring the great work we continue to do in favour of Us capitulating while City trounce everybody. It’s weird. 

21 minutes ago, Rick said:

On what evidence? Why do you rate City (with many injuries and who have dropped points) to be above us in the next 8 week? Have Liverpool not proven some resolve and quality to you to suggest we may be able to keep City at bay? 

You seem intent on ignoring the great work we continue to do in favour of Us capitulating while City trounce everybody. It’s weird. 

Just think the tide has turned a little, Old Trafford win would have been a statement that things have changed and you can go and win at your biggest rivals. The failure to do so suggests there are still some problems there. You've still got a great chance but I think everything rides on the Manchester City game for you, if you are defeated at home then it's done.

• Subscriber

This is going to be a massacre. Liverpool haven't lost at home since April 23rd 2017. Spurs haven't won away since Jan 20th. Not looking forward to it - in fact I haven’t even bothered going up. Couldn’t motivate myself to go to Liverpool two weeks in a row - thought I’d pick the one we had more chance of getting something from. 

• The title was changed to Liverpool 2-1 Tottenham - Sunday 27th October, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived