talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 2-1 Tottenham - Sunday 27th October, 2019

football forum

7 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Terrible penalty. How didn't the keeper stop it? 

Salah doesn't fill me with confidence as a penalty taker tbh... His placement is nowhere near as convincing as Milner so I'm concerned that we'll have a costly miss or two one day in the future... 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Storts said:

Very frustrating, didn't deserve anything - gave them so much respect and time for the most of the game.

I understand what they are trying to do but when you have players that a) don't want to be there and won't put the effort in ie. Eriksen b) Players that just don't aren't good enough and don't want to be there i.e. Rose and Aurier and c) players that did not play well i.e Alli and Winks you've got very little chance

Yet - We had a massive massive chance to go 2-0 up, Son has to score. Did everything right and then tried to do too much with the finish. 

We also showed as soon as went behind that we could play and could trouble them. Same happened last year when at half time we became a different team and bossed them. Ugh. Just wish we'd showed more ambition and  picked players that actually want to play for the club.

Deserved to lose but could have been so different 

Son did so well for that first goal though. Still such an underrated player imo. Among the best in the EPL easily.

Thoughts on your reserve keeper? He was excellent today...  New number one?

4 hours ago, Harry said:

Salah doesn't fill me with confidence as a penalty taker tbh... His placement is nowhere near as convincing as Milner so I'm concerned that we'll have a costly miss or two one day in the future... 

Yeah I'm always much more nervous when Salah is taking it rather than Milner. I don't know why because his record is very good. I think I recall him missing one very early on in his Liverpool career but don't think he's missed one since. He's scored some important penalties in huge games for Liverpool

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Yeah I'm always much more nervous when Salah is taking it rather than Milner. I don't know why because his record is very good. I think I recall him missing one very early on in his Liverpool career but don't think he's missed one since. He's scored some important penalties in huge games for Liverpool

For me it's because I look at his penalties and they are reasonably savable. You can hot that you're of penalty and you'll still score plenty of them.

But if you hit ones that give the keeper no chance then I feel more assured of the outcome.

3 hours ago, Harry said:

For me it's because I look at his penalties and they are reasonably savable. You can hot that you're of penalty and you'll still score plenty of them.

But if you hit ones that give the keeper no chance then I feel more assured of the outcome.

Keepers probably get closer to Salah's because he tends to go for power pretty much down the middle a lot of the time but I don't think it necessarily means his penalties are more savable. Look at his penalty in the Champions League final, he hits it so hard that it's passed Lloris before he has time to react

• Subscriber
On 27/10/2019 at 18:48, LFCMike said:

How good was Fabinho today? Ran the show. Hopefully he avoids that booking against Villa next week cos he'd be a huge miss v City

Had money on him to get booked late on yesterday. Thought he'd deliberately get one to avoid the risk.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived