• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 2-1 Tottenham - Sunday 27th October, 2019

football forum

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Very frustrating, didn't deserve anything - gave them so much respect and time for the most of the game.

I understand what they are trying to do but when you have players that a) don't want to be there and won't put the effort in ie. Eriksen b) Players that just don't aren't good enough and don't want to be there i.e. Rose and Aurier and c) players that did not play well i.e Alli and Winks you've got very little chance

Yet - We had a massive massive chance to go 2-0 up, Son has to score. Did everything right and then tried to do too much with the finish. 

We also showed as soon as went behind that we could play and could trouble them. Same happened last year when at half time we became a different team and bossed them. Ugh. Just wish we'd showed more ambition and  picked players that actually want to play for the club.

Deserved to lose but could have been so different 

2 minutes ago, Storts said:

Very frustrating, didn't deserve anything - gave them so much respect and time for the most of the game.

I understand what they are trying to do but when you have players that a) don't want to be there and won't put the effort in ie. Eriksen b) Players that just don't aren't good enough and don't want to be there i.e. Rose and Aurier and c) players that did not play well i.e Alli and Winks you've got very little chance

Yet - We had a massive massive chance to go 2-0 up, Son has to score. Did everything right and then tried to do too much with the finish. 

We also showed as soon as went behind that we could play and could trouble them. Same happened last year when at half time we became a different team and bossed them. Ugh. Just wish we'd showed more ambition and  picked players that actually want to play for the club.

Why dont the 3 you mention not want to be there? It's not like they're not getting games?

2 minutes ago, Storts said:

I thought it was weird you backed off once we started upping our tempo - at 1-0 that’s not a good time to sit back against us.

And like you say, after we took the lead you started going for it again we started looking less confortable.

Was a good game though. Spurs didn’t look anywhere near as bad as we were promised lol

Mourinho would have wanked over Spurs' first half performance. Good defensively and more of destructive tactics. 

We played well, too. Happy for Henderson getting that goal. 

On a side note, don't really understand Pochettino's preference for Deli Ali over Moura. Deli Ali was pretty much a passenger in most of the game, and offered nothing. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Why dont the 3 you mention not want to be there? It's not like they're not getting games?

Various reasons.

Eriksen wants a new challenge - wants to go to Spain. Will go in the summer on a free. Madness to keep playing him because he's so disinterested. 

Rose has wanted to go for years, and we want him out, just hasn't had a good enough offer. Ever since he did that interview with the Sun and told Poch he wanted to leave the same time as Walker it's been strained. He's also now pretty terrible. Injuries and age caught up with him.

Aurier - no idea but he was second choice behind Trippier. He's also awful and will need replacing.

Just now, Storts said:

Various reasons.

Eriksen wants a new challenge - wants to go to Spain. Will go in the summer on a free. Madness to keep playing him because he's so disinterested. 

Rose has wanted to go for years, and we want him out, just hasn't had a good enough offer. Ever since he did that interview with the Sun and told Poch he wanted to leave the same time as Walker it's been strained. He's also now pretty terrible. Injuries and age caught up with him.

Aurier - no idea but he was second choice behind Trippier. He's also awful and will need replacing.

Fair enough. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I thought it was weird you backed off once we started upping our tempo - at 1-0 that’s not a good time to sit back against us.

And like you say, after we took the lead you started going for it again we started looking less confortable.

Was a good game though. Spurs didn’t look anywhere near as bad as we were promised lol

Yeah was odd, particularly because we'd shown early how dangerous we could be on the break - no idea why we went away from that. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Mourinho would have wanked over Spurs' first half performance. Good defensively and more of destructive tactics. 

On a side note, don't really understand Pochettino's preference for Deli Ali over Moura. Deli Ali was pretty much a passenger in most of the game, and offered nothing. 

Moura goes missing a lot too - and Kane plays a lot worse when he plays cause they occupy the same spaces.

Moura is actually really good for big games away from home though on the break so should have played. 

Dele has been better recently but was anonymous today and touch was all off along with Eriksen

5 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Totally agree with your last point, Moura to me seems a much better option in a front 3 alongside Son and Kane. Maybe @Storts can shed some light on it?

Edit - Just seen his response. 

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

How good was Fabinho today? Ran the show. Hopefully he avoids that booking against Villa next week cos he'd be a huge miss v City

I wouldn't play him against Villa, hes too good to not be involved against City. I'd drop Hendo into his position and give Kieta or Ox a game further up the pitch.

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

How good was Fabinho today? Ran the show. Hopefully he avoids that booking against Villa next week cos he'd be a huge miss v City

Thought he was really good too although gets away with a lot of clever fouls. 

• The title was changed to Liverpool 2-1 Tottenham - Sunday 27th October, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived