talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Daylight Savings Time

football forum

• Subscriber

Does anybody else like this clocks going backwards and forwards bit every year? I don't tbh but they say the farmers do, the only way I remember if they go back or forwards by the saying 'March forward, fall back' and I will always change them before mid-night anyway like I have done right now as they go back tonight.

• The title was changed to Daylight Savings Time
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had it forced upon us for 3 years as a trial and it got voted out. I am happy we don’t have it in Western Australia. Most of the rest of the country do. I really don’t think we need it. There’s always a cry for us to do it.

I like the fact that it gives a 2 month period at the start of the season and 2 month period at the end of the season where the early Saturday EPL game is at 9.45pm rather than 11.45pm.

That said I'd probably prefer if it was consistently at 10.45pm through the year as it would be if neither of us had daylight savings 

• Subscriber

I hated it when I was working as I was up at 04.30 every morning so if there was a match on tv or a show I wanted to watch it was a pain in the arse if the match/show started at 20.00 hrs and lasted say 3 hours that meant if the clocks went forward I would be getting an hours less sleep and instead of hitting the sack at 23.00 hrs which I could handle but not mid-night.

It's funny though since I retired 5 years ago now I still wake up around 04.00 every morning and it takes me a good hour to go back to sleep, my body clock still has that 04.30 wake up call in my head.  

Archived