talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Simulation - Diving in Football

football forum

Do you agree with six game bans for diving?   

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with six game bans for diving?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm happy with this result although I wish it were more games to be honest.  Players may be liable to do that if it's in a big game.

Hopefully this becomes uniform throughout all the leagues everywhere.

I've read that retrospective action will only happen if a penalty is given as a result of simulation or a player is sent off. 

Its a load of shite. Basically what they're saying is 'you can cheat anywhere on the pitch but not in the penalty area'. 

If you are going to do it, do it right. 

17 hours ago, Stan said:

Allardyce says it's 'utter rubbish' and suggests sinbins instead to prevent people being punished when they were alleged to dive but didn't. 

Just the fact that Allardyce reckons it's a bad idea would make me consider it be a good one if I didn't already.

I like retrospective action for divers. I would have staggered the punishment though. So 1 game ban for first offence, 2 games for second, etc.

5 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Agreed with you about Allardyce, he comes across as a right clown whenever I see him. 

What was the main reason for your dislike towards him at West Ham? His negative football or just the man himself?

Both. I hated his football, and as a person he is just so up himself it's embarrasing. A proper chocolate.

This will be a nightmare because they are asking 3 people to come to the exact same decision.

You only have to think back to the many examples during the season to understand there is always someone who will go against the grain.

Anyway, this is just a buffer before its done on the day with video playback, which is where they should have reached yesterday.

Francis (1pen) Lee was the best diver I ever saw..... let him police it.... he knows more about the subject than almost every constantly wet Manchester United player of the last 20 seasons.  :ay:

• 4 months later...

Probably time a rule is made to make dives spotted by the referee in a match a red card offence because the punishment for this, whilst I agree with a few games for a dive, is more severe than real time. 

If a referee misses a player stamping on someone else he gets three games retrospectively, the same as he would for if it was seen at the time. Why is a dive only a yellow real time but a ban afterwards? 

They can try and tart it up by saying he "deceived" the referee but he had a great view and thought it was a penalty. 

20 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Absolute joke. It's fine for Dele Alli to do it week in, week out but Oumar can't? The FA make themselves look a bigger and bigger joke with each passing week. 

xDxD two wrongs don't make a right. It was a clear dive and he deserves to be punished for it.

43 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Probably time a rule is made to make dives spotted by the referee in a match a red card offence because the punishment for this, whilst I agree with a few games for a dive, is more severe than real time. 

I'd agueing losing two points in our predicament is more damaging.

18 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

xD What's that got to do with a retrospective ban for diving?

Absolutely nothing. Never a bad time to have a dig at The King. 

10 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I'd agueing losing two points in our predicament is more damaging.

Not our fault matey, Speroni should have saved it. 

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Not sure how Richarlison got away with it against us or how Dele Alli and Vardy always get away with it yet here Niasse got charged. Guess it's just down to the combination of the people on the panel.

lol since the rule came in, name me ONE occasion Vardy has 'got away with it'.

Also apparently there's 2 ex-Evertonians on the panel so why would that mean anything?

The panel is made of three people with no affiliation to either club and they cannot consult each other. One has to be a former referee who is naturally going to be hesitant to go against the referee. Now whether Niasse is unfortunate that everybody recognised Anthony Taylor is out of his depth as a Premiership referee is neither here nor there. The fact is he dived, he cheated, he's aware of the rules, and deserves to be punished accordingly. 

Archived