Wednesday 30th October, 2019
Aston Villa vs Wolves
Chelsea vs Man Utd, 20.05
Liverpool vs Arsenal, 19.30

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

First visit to Goodison for me in about two years. Even though we're shit and it would be the most Everton thing ever for Watford to come and do us 3-0 and drive the final nail into Silva's coffin, I'm looking forward to going.

• Administrator

Given we're not in Europe and this is a genuine chance for silverware, I still expect us to take this competition seriously. Can see us rotating a bit though given the opposition though.

Ward

Justin - Soyuncu - Evans - Chilwell

Choudhury

Praet - Maddison

Perez - Iheanacho/Gray - Barnes

Iheanacho's not even been on the bench for several games so wouldn't surprise me if Gray does start as a striker.

9 hours ago, Cicero said:

Rotation is needed. I would genuinely take a defeat here if it means we get six points against Watford and Palace. 

Willy

James---Rudiger---Tomori----Emerson

Jorginho---Kovacic

Pedro------Pulisic-------CHO

Bats

Agreed as we don't really change much under Lampard. That team could do it however not certain that Rudiger could already start.

• Subscriber

We're the only tie that isn't between two teams in the same league as each other.

This is a banana skin, it would be an amazing scalp for them, but we've treated the cup with the right attitude this year so I expect us to win comfortably - though it would be the most Leicester thing possibly ever to go and win 9-0 and then lose to Burton Albion.

• Subscriber
On 27/10/2019 at 21:37, Stan said:

Given we're not in Europe and this is a genuine chance for silverware, I still expect us to take this competition seriously. Can see us rotating a bit though given the opposition though.

Ward

Justin - Soyuncu - Evans - Chilwell

Choudhury

Praet - Maddison

Perez - Iheanacho/Gray - Barnes

Iheanacho's not even been on the bench for several games so wouldn't surprise me if Gray does start as a striker.

Gray on the right and Perez through the middle I reckon, similar to Luton. I reckon Albrighton and Fuchs will play as well.

This will be trickier than Luton in my opinion.

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Dan said:

We're the only tie that isn't between two teams in the same league as each other.

This is a banana skin, it would be an amazing scalp for them, but we've treated the cup with the right attitude this year so I expect us to win comfortably - though it would be the most Leicester thing possibly ever to go and win 9-0 and then lose to Burton Albion.

Burton got dicked 9-0 in January by Man City, I expect you guys to do the same this time.

• Subscriber
23 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Pretty much the same side as the last round is something I'd be happy with. Adrian in goal though even though Kelleher did well. Adrian deserves the domestic cup games. 

Agree with this and what was just said. Adrian has proven hes a good goalkeeper and needs to be given games especially considering we could go very far in this tournament.

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Don’t like this. Adrian did very well when we needed him, he deserves to stay in action in some capacity. 

Can only assume it was planned before the season started that Kelleher would get League Cup games. 

Just now, Mel81x said:

Agree with this and what was just said. Adrian has proven hes a good goalkeeper and needs to be given games especially considering we could go very far in this tournament.

If Liverpool get through when would we play the quarter final? That round is the week Liverpool travel for the Club World Cup

• Subscriber
Just now, LFCMike said:

If Liverpool get through when would we play the quarter final? That round is the week Liverpool travel for the Club World Cup

I'd imagine its rescheduled as the team would send a lot of key players to the Club World cup (which I think is a silly move personally as it opens the doors to injuries you dont need).

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

I'd imagine its rescheduled as the team would send a lot of key players to the Club World cup (which I think is a silly move personally as it opens the doors to injuries you dont need).

Oh yeah it would definitely be rescheduled, without doubt. Until when though? The semi finals normally start the first week of January

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Oh yeah it would definitely be rescheduled, without doubt. Until when though? The semi finals normally start the first week of January

I think it would lead to a congested schedule to coincide with the semi-finals being pushed out as a result which still ends up being poor for us. This is why I always question these weird tournaments late in the year. I get that FIFA wants these tournaments as a cash influx but disrupting regular domestic football shouldn't be something that FAs agree too. 

Edit: this is all just hypothetical. Arsenal could just knock us out.

On 27/10/2019 at 21:26, RandoEFC said:

First visit to Goodison for me in about two years. Even though we're shit and it would be the most Everton thing ever for Watford to come and do us 3-0 and drive the final nail into Silva's coffin, I'm looking forward to going.

You must wish you stayed at home by the sounds of it mate O.o

• Administrator

We're bossing it and not even playing to our full strength. We've opened Burton up so many times and could realistically be 4-0 or 5-0 up.

Our first goal was quality. Passed it quickly from our box with precision and Kelechi couldn't miss. Praet set up Tielemans for our 2nd.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

We're bossing it and not even playing to our full strength

Calm down mate, It's Burton not Man City... 

Soon as I got them in the GloryHunter League it was a given that they would lose and now it looks like we are getting you the same thing is going to happen so expect a defeat soon... :ph34r:

• The topic was unpinned

Archived