EFL Cup - Fourth Round Matches - 29-30th October, 2019

football forum

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

You must wish you stayed at home by the sounds of it mate O.o

First 45 was hard work but it wouldn't be the full experience without at least a helping of the Goodison Groan. Got there in the end.

Watford got what they deserved for the most cynical bus parking display I think I've ever seen. Flat back five and a midfield three with no width.

Not a vintage performance from us, long way from it, but we're in the last eight and that's all that matters.

31 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

First 45 was hard work but it wouldn't be the full experience without at least a helping of the Goodison Groan. Got there in the end.

Watford got what they deserved for the most cynical bus parking display I think I've ever seen. Flat back five and a midfield three with no width.

Not a vintage performance from us, long way from it, but we're in the last eight and that's all that matters.

Yeah I heard it picked up second half, especially from your lot.

As I’ve said before, I’d throw this if I were Liverpool. I see their U21’s played at Accrington last night, so it’s none will be involved but with a 6pt lead on City and with 12-13 games likely before Boxing Day, where you then play three games in 8 days, I just think another game in December and then potentially two more in January is asking a lot of their squad. 

6 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

As I’ve said before, I’d throw this if I were Liverpool. I see their U21’s played at Accrington last night, so it’s none will be involved but with a 6pt lead on City and with 12-13 games likely before Boxing Day, where you then play three games in 8 days, I just think another game in December and then potentially two more in January is asking a lot of their squad. 

Pretty sure he will play a very young side. It's just whether arsenal will too. 

4 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

As I alluded to last night, we'll already have two more in December with the Club World Cup thing. If we reach the quarters of this it's likely to be put back until January. I agree that we'd be better off out of it to resist the temptation of playing any of the first team later in the competition

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

0_my_team_chelsea_vs_man-utd_191029-1-li

If the starting lineup is anything like the above, the game is man utd's too lose. Offensively, chelsea is a non-threat and martial and rashford will prove to be too much for the blue's defense. 

Almost as if one of their strikers isn't the joint 2nd top-scorer in the league xD 

• Administrator
Just now, Teso dos Bichos said:

How effective were Abraham and mount last time they play man utd ? 💀💀💀

Abraham has developed significantly and is playing well, scoring lots under Lampard's system which they are clearly more used to.

It's like saying Man Utd are an offensive non-threat because you didn't score against Newcastle away. 

It's bollocks.

Just now, Stan said:

Abraham has developed significantly and is playing well, scoring lots under Lampard's system which they are clearly more used to.

It's like saying Man Utd are an offensive non-threat because you didn't score against Newcastle away. 

It's bollocks.

Recently(liverscum) man utd showed that they can break down any offense. Lethal counters by Rashford and martial will be the key to success. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Recently(liverscum) man utd showed that they can break down any offense. Lethal counters by Rashford and martial will be the key to success. 

That may be the case but that's not to say Chelsea don't have any threat going forward at all...

In fact, they've scored in all their league games since they played Utd on the first day of the season and only failed to score against Valencia since then. Not bad for a side with no offensive threat.

45 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

0_my_team_chelsea_vs_man-utd_191029-1-li

If the starting lineup is anything like the above, the game is man utd's too lose. Offensively, chelsea is a non-threat and martial and rashford will prove to be too much for the blue's defense. 

Martial, Rashford, McTominay , Maguire and AWB all to be rested I reckon.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived