Valencia vs Sevilla, 18.00
Athletic Bilbao vs Espanyol, 19.00
Real Betis vs Celta Vigo, 20.00
Real Madrid vs Leganes, 20.15

Thursday 31st October, 2019
Eibar vs Villarreal, 18.00
Mallorca vs Osasuna, 18.00
Getafe vs Granada, 20.15

• The title was changed to La Liga 2019/20 - Week 11 Fixtures - 29-31st Oct, 2019
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Ansu Fati with a start, playing alongside Messi and Suarez. @SirBalon

Dembele still suspended and Griezmann on the bench.

I had a dinner appointment mate and couldn't watch it and still haven't managed it. I'll do it tomorrow mate where I'll give my opinion. But I've read Messi gave a total master class performance where some are saying it was one of his best ever games.

I'm not even going to go into what I thought about the game... Just finished watching it. All I'm gonna say is that I feel privileged to have lived through the era of Lionel Messi as a lover of the game called football/soccer. Yesterday's performance was unique, something that will stand the test of time. I am religiously attached to this little man.

19 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Thoughts on if Ronaldo has more goals if he were in La Liga his whole career though..........

Well let’s dissect this.

In the 9 years Ronaldo was in Spain, he’s only out scored Messi 3 of those 9 years. 

15 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Well let’s dissect this.

In the 9 years Ronaldo was in Spain, he’s only out scored Messi 3 of those 9 years. 

That means nothing for 2003-2009 though. My question was would he have been scoring more goals in La Liga than the Premier League. Doesn’t matter what was Messi has done in this instance as we already know.

6 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

That means nothing for 2003-2009 though. My question was would he have been scoring more goals in La Liga than the Premier League. Doesn’t matter what was Messi has done in this instance as we already know.

He’d have scored more goals for sure 

You could argue that Messi today would likely score more than he is currently if he'd moved to City 3 years ago to play under Pep in a system that suits him down to a tee, as opposed to playing under a manager whose system actually makes it a lot harder for a player like Messi. Personally I believe Barcelona have a better set of players than City, although most are held back under a manager whose system isn't going to get the absolute best from them on a regular basis. A lot of it actually comes down to individual brilliance and the way Barcelona are playing and winning these days is very different to the side that used to utterly dominate teams years ago.

Also Ronaldo could well have not been the same player had he started off at Real as it's Man United who turned him into the physical beast he is today and that's actually what has kept him going so long. It's all what ifs really.  Both were young before they played in the same league and didn't score anywhere near the numbers until they both played in the same league, so it's hard to say what could have happened. As I've said before, Ronaldo's goal scoring record for Man United in the champions league was terrible compared to at Real Madrid. He wasn't even in his prime then.

People also forget that Messi pretty much plays in midfield these days as well. His main objective is actually to control the tempo of a game and create moves and goal scoring opportunities. The fact he's still scoring 50+ goals a season on top of that and only a couple are penalties is impressive. The lad's literally all over the pitch and involved in everything, while still scoring as many goals as the greatest of strikers. I've genuinely never seen anything like that.

Zidane, Ronaldo, C.Ronaldo, Iniesta...I've seen many great players, but they are all great for particular reasons, whereas Messi seems to have it all in his locker and is the true definition of the 'total footballer'. He's in a league of his own if we are being completely honest and with all due respects to these other players who were/are fucking incredible.

We talk about goals and Msssi is in the debate.

We talk about dribbling and Messi is in the debate.

We talk about assists and Messi is in the debate. 

We talk about extraordinary passes and Messi is in the debate.

We talk about free kicks and Messi is in the debate.

We talk about memorable Football moments and Messi is in the debate.

We talk about penalties and Messi is even in the debate there because there IS ONE THING IN FOOTBALL he hasn’t dominated almost every year and that’s the art of putting those spot kicks consistently in the back of the net.

”I watch football”

• The topic was unpinned

Archived