The better place to talk football.

Round 19 - USA

football forum

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Eco said:

Good damn, Torpedo...that isn't a cowboy hat. 

tumblr_noyak3NWHI1s99nq3o6_500.jpg

He's quite obviously still stuck in a Zapata western and is going for the Mexican character look ala Gian Maria Volonté or Tomás Milián...or even Klaus Kinski B| 

MV5BYWZiNWE2ODktNWM5ZC00NTUzLTk3MDgtZGQ0

15 minutes ago, nudge said:

Did Bottas just say that the first Terminator is the worst movie ever?... O.o

Max, Leondardo DiCapdio. Yea... quite the similarity. Although Albon should definitely be played by Gilbert Gottfried if they can de-age him. Spitting image! 

As has happen so often this year, I may be able to watch all of the practices, the quali, but miss the race live. I have had to watch 5-6 races this year on replay, avoiding Facebook, ESPN, and here until I can watch it. 

I'll be flying to Phoenix this weekend so I may just pay for upgrade wi-fi to watch the race and chat on here. Who knows. 

• Subscriber

Last 2 years at this race. The car on pole has been taken at the start. 2nd on the inside seems the best spot. The first turn is ultra wide if you can get a good launch.

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Very cool poster from McLaren for the US GP:

n0d33kqgn1w31.png

Have you caught their brilliant online campaign to celebrate Mika Häkkinen's title win in Suzuka 1999 yesterday? They "turned back the time" and re-lived that day twenty years ago by making posts filled with the 90s references and easter eggs on their social media. That's some great viral marketing.

https://twitter.com/i/moments/1189921500167471105

11 minutes ago, nudge said:

Have you caught their brilliant online campaign to celebrate Mika Häkkinen's title win in Suzuka 1999 yesterday? They "turned back the time" and re-lived that day twenty years ago by making posts filled with the 90s references and easter eggs on their social media. That's some great viral marketing.

https://twitter.com/i/moments/1189921500167471105

Wow, that is so cool. The teletext screenshot really sells it :D

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Wow, that is so cool. The teletext screenshot really screenshot really sells it :D

Still drunk? xD 

Yeah the telext screenshot was a nice throwback :D Just like all the pop-culture references; the Simpsons, Top of the Pops, Ask Jeeves, TV Guide, snake game on Nokia...

Also this Easter Egg on Lando being about to be born is class xD

netflix_and_lando_p2.jpg

Just now, nudge said:

Still drunk? xD 

Yeah the telext screenshot was a nice throwback :D Just like all the pop-culture references; the Simpsons, Top of the Pops, Ask Jeeves, TV Guide, snake game on Nokia...

Also this Easter Egg on Lando being about to be born is class xD

netflix_and_lando_p2.jpg

Lol I wasn't sure if it's called teletext in English, so I kind of tampered with that sentence and butchered it :D

Haha, didn't even spot the Norris thing. So cool. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Eco said:

Crazy to visually see these cars basically jumping off the track. 

Yeah the track is unbelievably bumpy... There's one large bump just outside the pit lane exit. Could pose a danger during the race.

Leclerc with engine issues?

Just now, nudge said:

Yeah the track is unbelievably bumpy... There's one large bump just outside the pit lane exit. Could pose a danger during the race.

Leclerc with engine issues?

Yeah - the guys said it's likely the end of life for his practice engine..? 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived