• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round 19 - USA

football forum

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Interesting to see how differently the prototype tyres work for different teams. Albon and Leclerc set their fastest times on them whereas both Mercedes struggle with them. 

Already a fan of these tyres :ph34r:

38 minutes ago, nudge said:

He's back already :) 

17b4zo1bp3w31.jpg

Nice. I heard one team radio from Lewis today and I thought "Is that Bono?. It was apparently. He got a new smooth haircut as well! 

• Subscriber

Nicely mixed grid for tomorrow... Didn't expect Bottas to take the pole here; and that was a weirdly bad Q3 by Hamilton. Max locking up at T1 kind of ruined his second run; could have taken the pole otherwise. It will be an interesting start tomorrow and it is too close to call. Mercedes race pace in free practice looked superior to that of Ferrari and RB but it's all guesswork. Max with a chance to win if he avoids a collision in Lap 1.

Norris with the overall best time in Q1 was class. McLarens looked good here; hopefully a good clean race for them tomorrow.

Sauber so damn slow... Very frustrating.

• Subscriber

Top three teams look very close again. Bottas with a surprise pole but there was an element of luck to it, as Hamilton and Leclerc both made little mistakes on the first attempt then the track seemed to go weird for the last runs.

Mercedes will probably have the edge on race pace though. Interesting to see what Verstappen has up his sleeve.

Odd Quali for McLaren. Some times they looked like they were flying, other times they looked like they were losing pace. Clearly this is the 'best of the rest' this year,. 

I'll be in the air during the race tomorrow...so I'll have to catch the replay.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived