• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round 19 - USA

football forum

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

A pretty tense race with quite a lot of midfield action but it still felt underwhelming somehow. 

Mercedes' race pace was massive, Max did well to keep up and he could maybe even have overtaken Lewis if it wasn't for the yellow flag caused by Magnussen's brake failure. Albon did well to finish P5 after the first lap crash; some good overtakes by him. Vettel unlucky; it was obvious there was something wrong with his car. But the most interesting thing by far is how Ferrari seem to have completely lost their power advantage on the straights this weekend; it was already noticeable in free training and quali sessions and today Leclerc was nowhere (granted he's on older detuned engine anyway) but we didn't get to see Vettel's pace unfortunately so it's hard to judge. Interesting that it comes immediately after FIA's new directive re fuel flow sensor loophole though. Coincidence? Or have they been found out and had to stop doing what they were doing? We'll see next race weekend.

Congratulations to Lewis on his 6th title.

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

A pretty tense race with quite a lot of midfield action but it still felt underwhelming somehow. 

Mercedes' race pace was massive, Max did well to keep up and he could maybe even have overtaken Lewis if it wasn't for the yellow flag caused by Magnussen's brake failure. Albon did well to finish P5 after the first lap crash; some good overtakes by him. Vettel unlucky; it was obvious there was something wrong with his car. But the most interesting thing by far is how Ferrari seem to have completely lost their power advantage on the straights this weekend; it was already noticeable in free training and quali sessions and today Leclerc was nowhere (granted he's on older detuned engine anyway) but we didn't get to see Vettel's pace unfortunately so it's hard to judge. Interesting that it comes immediately after FIA's new directive re fuel flow sensor loophole though. Coincidence? Or have they been found out and had to stop doing what they were doing? We'll see next race weekend.

Congratulations to Lewis on his 6th title.

Last year or year before. When their battery system was starting to get questioned they suddenly lost pace.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, MUFC said:

Last year or year before. When their battery system was starting to get questioned they suddenly lost pace.

Maybe they detuned their engines to avoid investigation in the first place :D 

So yea, apart from the midfield battles, it was quite a boring race. It was obvious that Seb had issues from the start, and eventually the whole suspension broke down. I wonder if he damaged it on the warm-up lap? It was very strange that Charles was so much off pace, and yea, the questions if Ferrari "untuned" something in order to avoid a possible investigation are probably justified. 

Congrats to Lewis. 6 titles, damn. I still remember when McLaren promoted him, and my gf at the time was a huge McLaren fan and thought it was way too early. Look at him now. Still he rises ^_^ 

Honorable mention to my boy Nico who drove very well and finished P9. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, nudge said:

I don't get it, is he just saying it's because they were slow today? Or is this another one of his ego things where he thinks it's because he's just that much better than the Ferrari drivers?

• Subscriber
Just now, RandoEFC said:

I don't get it, is he just saying it's because they were slow today? Or is this another one of his ego things where he thinks it's because he's just that much better than the Ferrari drivers?

He's implying that Ferrari were slow because they had to stop their alleged cheating due to the FIA's tech directive on fuel flow issued this weekend.

• Administrator

I used to really like Verstappen but he's becoming quite the asshole again. There was a period in the last 12-18 months where he'd let his racing do the talking, he'd matured and grown up. Now he's just being a dick again. 

#TeamLeclerc

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber

Jos Verstappen had his Beyond the Grid interview not long ago and said something along the lines of his real destiny being to be the father of the greatest race car driver ever. His wife and Max's Mum was also a very good driver when she was younger. If Max has been brought up with his Dad treating him as some sort of 'chosen one' to be the greatest ever then it's no wonder he acts the way he does. It's very hard to warm to him.

Archived