talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

LMS League 2019-20 Round 3 (Serie A)

football forum

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Further more I would like to really thank @Lucas for pointing out the game was being played again so soon.. turned out to be really helpful to me that did... also to Gestapo @Stan who as a rules follower was only too happy to try and supress my free will to post wherever the hell I liked... 

But mostly to @nudge who stood by me through the highs and lows and no doubt was the only one to feel my pain... 

See the source image

3 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Further more I would like to really thank @Lucas for pointing out the game was being played again so soon.. turned out to be really helpful to me that did... also to Gestapo @Stan who as a rules follower was only too happy to try and supress my free will to post wherever the hell I liked... 

But mostly to @nudge who stood by me through the highs and lows and no doubt was the only one to feel my pain... 

See the source image

That did make me chuckle.

Not gonna lie, I felt bad when I just saw the result...but I'll get over it.

Apologies xD

9 minutes ago, Lucas said:

That did make me chuckle.

Not gonna lie, I felt bad when I just saw the result...but I'll get over it.

Apologies xD

It was a crazy game near the end... Cagliari were in full control of the game until the 79th or 80th minute when Lecce had a shot that was goal bound until the Cagliari defender decided to handball it and palm it over the bar and a penalty was awarded and he was promptly sent off, then Lecce scored to make it 2-1 and the Cagliari keeper decided to grab the ball and hoof it as hard as he could as far away as possible to waste some time and hold the restart up which then led to a confrontation with a Lecce player.. there was some pushing and shoving and things got a bit heated and the Lecce player did a baby headbutt on him and both players dropped to the floor holding their faces... when the hoo ha was over the ref sent them both off.. xD Lecce with the extra man to their credit pushed hard and got another dead on 90 minutes... even 7 minutes of extra time couldn't change it.. 

47 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

It was a crazy game near the end... Cagliari were in full control of the game until the 79th or 80th minute when Lecce had a shot that was goal bound until the Cagliari defender decided to handball it and palm it over the bar and a penalty was awarded and he was promptly sent off, then Lecce scored to make it 2-1 and the Cagliari keeper decided to grab the ball and hoof it as hard as he could as far away as possible to waste some time and hold the restart up which then led to a confrontation with a Lecce player.. there was some pushing and shoving and things got a bit heated and the Lecce player did a baby headbutt on him and both players dropped to the floor holding their faces... when the hoo ha was over the ref sent them both off.. xD Lecce with the extra man to their credit pushed hard and got another dead on 90 minutes... even 7 minutes of extra time couldn't change it.. 

I love how much you got into it though.

When else would you be glued watching Lecce v Cagliari on a Monday afternoon? xD

• Subscriber

Results - Gameweek Four

We have a winner after four gameweeks following a weekend of surprises in Italy!

Casualties (3)

The first casualty of the weekend came on Saturday, when @Tommy's Fiorentina were defeated 1-0 at home by Lecce. The real shocks came on Sunday, though, as Juventus were only able to salvage a 2-2 draw at home to Sassuolo, ending @Lucas' campaign in Serie A. Later this afternoon, @JOSHBRFC was eliminated as Napoli were unable to turn their 1-0 lead over Bologna into three points, Sansone driving the final nail into Josh's coffin with his 80th minute winner.

With three correct picks and a joint 2nd place for you three, you have ended up with a total of 5 points from this round. @Bluewolf also gains an extra bonus point for coming in 3rd.

Survivors (1)

Atalanta were the only side to deliver the goods for our contenders this weekend, hammering Brescia 3-0 on Saturday lunchtime, allowing @nudge to sit back and enjoy the collapse of those around her throughout the rest of the weekend. Congratulations to @nudge who has now won 2 of the 3 rounds of the competition, something that nobody was able to achieve last season. Four correct picks and the top step of the podium scores @nudge 7 points overall.

Round Four will be launched in Spain before next weekend.

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

I would like to dedicate my victorious run to @Bluewolf; hoping the sight of your adversaries' demise will help you recover from that highly traumatic experience with Cagliari last Monday :ph34r:

giphy.gif

Seeing you emerge victorious was just the tonic I needed... B|

Archived