talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup - Quarter-Final Draw

football forum

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely no surprise that Man City get a free pass to the semi finals yet again. Man Utd with a free pass also. 

It's almost as if a Manchester Derby is being set up for the final as a promotion for this competition 

19 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Nah United got slated for not even entering the FA Cup

And why was that? Oh yeah, because the FA refused to switch fixtures when they knew United were playing in a competition at exactly the same time. Instead, Liverpool entered a competition knowing there could be issues, as did the FA, but of course it’s completely different because it’s Liverpool ffs. Football fans are ridiculous. 

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Makes me wonder if he played that ineligible player on purpose xD

I think he did and it backfired so he did the next best thing which was to put a weakened side out and that also backfired. I feel like we shouldn't even bother putting our first XI out even if we get far because its honestly not the goal this season and even Klopp seems to think so.

5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Fuck off... Utd totally dropped out of the FA Cup to avoid fixture pile up and it was allowed because ya know... its Utd xD

You do realise they withdrew at the request of the FA? Oh wait, that doesn’t fit the rhetoric does it. The 3rd round was due to be played at EXACTLY the same time as we were in Brazil. Just like now, the FA couldn’t come up with a solution. But of course, it’s still United's fault. Jesus wept. 

It's not ideal obviously but realistically, Liverpool could split the squad.

The kids can stay at home and play at Villa and the first team can play in Qatar which is what would happen anyway.

Teams do it all the time in Pre Season but it's just not conventional during an actual season.

Only difference is Liverpool couldn't have Klopp and his backroom staff at be at both games due to flights, game preperation etc but these are unique circumstances.

The Youth/reserve coaches can look after the youngsters at Villa.

It's just whether Liverpool want to do that really I imagine.

41 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

You do realise they withdrew at the request of the FA? Oh wait, that doesn’t fit the rhetoric does it. The 3rd round was due to be played at EXACTLY the same time as we were in Brazil. Just like now, the FA couldn’t come up with a solution. But of course, it’s still United's fault. Jesus wept. 

Oh god chill out, you started all this xD

11 minutes ago, Lucas said:

It's not ideal obviously but realistically, Liverpool could split the squad.

The kids can stay at home and play at Villa and the first team can play in Qatar which is what would happen anyway.

Teams do it all the time in Pre Season but it's just not conventional during an actual season.

Only difference is Liverpool couldn't have Klopp and his backroom staff at be at both games due to flights, game preperation etc but these are unique circumstances.

The Youth/reserve coaches can look after the youngsters at Villa.

It's just whether Liverpool want to do that really I imagine.

I'd rather we stay at home and scrap the club world cup to be honest.

19 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Right, so I’ve proved the argument and I’m told to chill out. Couldn’t make it up ffs xD

You've proved nothing xD

You made a comment regarding Klopp being amazeballs because he threatened to drop out of the league cup whilst Utd got slated. It is two totally different scenarios, it's not even the same cup competition ffs, loads more games in the FA Cup than the league cup xD

• Subscriber

We're capable of winning that one and very capable of losing it too.

Can't see past City for the tournament now though. A few teams left could have done them on a one off home game at this stage but not Oxford. If Liverpool are playing the kids then I can't see any team beating City over a two-legged semi final and I'd be amazed to see them lose the final at Wembley.

Maybe next year.

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

We're capable of winning that one and very capable of losing it too.

Can't see past City for the tournament now though. A few teams left could have done them on a one off home game at this stage but not Oxford. If Liverpool are playing the kids then I can't see any team beating City over a two-legged semi final and I'd be amazed to see them lose the final at Wembley.

Maybe next year.

I think City will win it for the foreseeable. Pep takes it seriously whereas none of the other top clubs really do. Certainly Klopp doesn't. 

2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I don't conceivably see where Liverpool can play this quarter final? Unless it's in November some time. I think they'll pull out.

They might just have to let us have a few weeks rest like they did with Utd :ph34r:

• The topic was unpinned

Archived