Newport vs Salford City
Oldham vs Northampton
Plymouth vs Grimsby
Scunthorpe vs Stevenage
Swindon vs Walsall

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might, if I can be arsed and the weather’s alright (fair weather wanker), go to a local game tomorrow. Have the option of three really. 

Harlow Town v Westfield in the Isthmian League South Central is one. It’s 1st v 5th so should be a decent game. Another from the same league is Waltham Abbey v Hanwell Town, which is 10th v 2nd. Both of these are equidistant from home. 

About another five minutes on top is an Essex Senior League game between Sawbridgeworth Town v Redbridge. Sawbo are 19th and bottom, having lost 11/12 games in the league and having picked up a solitary point and Redbridge are 13th. There should be goals in this one. Sawbo games have averaged 5.33 goals in their six home games this season and Redbridge’s away games have averaged 4.5 per game. 

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Might, if I can be arsed and the weather’s alright (fair weather wanker), go to a local game tomorrow. Have the option of three really. 

Harlow Town v Westfield in the Isthmian League South Central is one. It’s 1st v 5th so should be a decent game. Another from the same league is Waltham Abbey v Hanwell Town, which is 10th v 2nd. Both of these are equidistant from home. 

About another five minutes on top is an Essex Senior League game between Sawbridgeworth Town v Redbridge. Sawbo are 19th and bottom, having lost 11/12 games in the league and having picked up a solitary point and Redbridge are 13th. There should be goals in this one. Sawbo games have averaged 5.33 goals in their six home games this season and Redbridge’s away games have averaged 4.5 per game. 

Definitely a 0-0 in that last one :ph34r:

Pablo Hernandez is back this weekend. That is massive for us.

He's been out for the last 6 starting at Charlton and shock horror, we only managed 8pts out of a possible 18 in that period.

Away games we have stuttered in recently so it's absolutely imperative we win our home games.

23 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Hanwell is fairly local to me, they were formed by a couple of Geordies I think hence their black and white stripes 

8 minutes ago, Danny said:

Hanwell is fairly local to me, they were formed by a couple of Geordies I think hence their black and white stripes 

Yeah, I went past Hanwell’s ground driving to Ealing to watch London Broncos, it’s not far at all from there and had a Google and read that. 

2 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Plymouth v Grimsby postponed due to safety concerns. The roof at Plymouth’s ground has been damaged by strong winds apparently so deemed not safe for spectators.

Hell of a trek that is to get told it's off. Can imagine that part of the world takes a battering in this sort of weather too. Not exactly much nearby either to try and salvage a decent away day.

Big win for us. We played well, missed a few chances but QPR hardly had a sniff. That was the Leeds so many expect us to be doing.

Tyler Roberts, back in the team, making all the difference. How we missed a bit of creativity.

Someone should tell the EFL that we'd like to play with 10 men every week. Absolutely shambolic again to begin with, but ironically we started to play better with 10 men, even scoring one from open play (the other three were penalties and from a corner).

Good to see Bamba get a few minutes as well. Really need him back as Flint and Morrison simply don't work at the back. 

Wasn't at today's match (primarily as I live a hundred miles away and as we've got into a petty pricing war with Wednesday and Leeds the prices today were a fucking disgrace) but that's the sort of result that can harbour a real change in fortunes.

No win in six before today and not a glimmer of getting one either. We came from behind to win in the league for the first time in 18 months, in the last five minutes with two youngsters (one a Man City loanee, one our own product) getting the goals; the latter also being our first impactful sub in bloody ages.

Sadly Leeds away next week so that's the revival fucked, but you never know...

• The topic was unpinned

Archived