Head to Head Record
Crystal Palace - 27 wins
Draws - 18
Leicester - 26 wins

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Given our recent, horrible record against Palace, I'm not holding out much hope to beating them on Sunday.

They've thrashed us a few times and it's been disgusting to watch.

I'm hoping Rodgers can once again show us his good credentials as a manager in a game like this like he has done before. Take the game to Palace and get in control of the game. Given their form, too, this might be a very difficult game and one of the most difficult we've had in a while.

Milivojevic nailed on to score a penalty after a controversial decision in Zaha's/Palace's favour :ph34r:

• Subscriber

Noticed you put us to lose 3-1. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if we lost this to be honest. They're set up to play teams of our style. They didn't keep beating us by chance.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Noticed you put us to lose 3-1. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if we lost this to be honest. They're set up to play teams of our style. They didn't keep beating us by chance.

Yeah. I'm not so confident about this one. Won't be able to watch as will be in Bristol with the gf but I'm dreading the score updates. Last time we played these in Feb I was at a wedding and I hated having to look at my phone and seeing their goals pour in xD 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Stan said:

Yeah. I'm not so confident about this one. Won't be able to watch as will be in Bristol with the gf but I'm dreading the score updates. Last time we played these in Feb I was at a wedding and I hated having to look at my phone and seeing their goals pour in xD 

I'm not either. Genuinely see this as a likelier dropping of points than Arsenal at home next week.

Rodgers is yet to face Palace for us. He cannot do any worse than Puel who was hammered three times and lost 1-0 to them when they were without Zaha - something like their first points without him in two years.

I just think this as a tactical match up often goes a bit wrong for us.

This is without a shadow of a doubt Leicester Citys biggest challenge as a football club this season. They are regularly shocked, humiliated and embarrassed whenever they play Crystal Palace. You can sense the fear in Dan and Stans posts. It will take a heroic and monumental character shift from there players to overcome what is regularly a dark moment in there season.

I anticipate this to be a close game. Maybe a bit of magic from Vardy, Tielemans or Maddison will be the difference. At the same time, if we can remain resilient against there attacking threat, I have faith in Zaha and Ayew on the counter.

• Administrator

I'm nervous for today given the previous recent results. 

Same squad as previous 2 games. Got faith in the squad of course but will be such a tough test. 

Zaha looked like he's playing within himself. I guess you give some credit to the defence but normally Zaha makes an impression regardless.

He just seemed a bit disinterested. That wasn't the Zaha I know anyway. 

Leicester City fans before the game told me a couple of things:

✅ Soyuncu is the complete defender. Strong, great in the air, quick, agile and can play with the ball at the feet. 

✅ Tielemans needs to be marked by two players, if hes not then he will boss the midfield.

✅ Brendan will ensure theres three players on Zaha when he gets the ball.

✅ If you sing about Rebekkah Vardy, Jamie Vardy will score.

I actually think the Leicester team we saw today are better than the one that won the title.  I don't think anybody played particularly bad today. We just played a better team. Ayew was gobbled up by two solid defenders and we couldn't create anything.

Oh well, on to Chelsea and Liverpool. After that the rest of our 2019 fixtures are very tasty :hh:

5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Zaha looked like he's playing within himself. I guess you give some credit to the defence but normally Zaha makes an impression regardless.

He just seemed a bit disinterested. That wasn't the Zaha I know anyway. 

They just Sheffield United'd him. He had a couple of glimpses, but when you have three very good players on him quickly theres not much he can do. It speaks volumes about Ole, Emery etc that they didn't learn from other teams.

• Subscriber

We are quality. That's one of our best wins under Rodgers for me. While last week was amazing, that was thoroughly professional from us.

I'll finally bite - Soyuncu is better than Maguire. He is. He's quicker, he's as good on the ball, he helps us win the ball further up the pitch. He's been fantastic and today was probably his best game for us, bit sick I missed his first goal actually.

Tielemans is top class. How on earth did Monaco get nothing out of him?

I think we look very likely to get a top 4 finish this season. Fantastic times for this club. They really are.

7 minutes ago, Dan said:

We are quality. That's one of our best wins under Rodgers for me. While last week was amazing, that was thoroughly professional from us.

I'll finally bite - Soyuncu is better than Maguire. He is. He's quicker, he's as good on the ball, he helps us win the ball further up the pitch. He's been fantastic and today was probably his best game for us, bit sick I missed his first goal actually.

Tielemans is top class. How on earth did Monaco get nothing out of him?

I think we look very likely to get a top 4 finish this season. Fantastic times for this club. They really are.

I saw your tweet the other day how its silly to compare this side to the title winners, and right now it is.

However, I do think if you exceed 81 points, even without winning the title, you will be better. There's not much you can do if Liverpool or City get more than 95 points again.

• Subscriber

Good game of football that. Palace did well until they turned off and then got undone. That goal combination which led to Vardy's goal was superb as well. Can't see how Leicester don't capitalize on the rest of this year's fixtures to stay in the top 4 now.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

I saw your tweet the other day how its silly to compare this side to the title winners, and right now it is.

However, I do think if you exceed 81 points, even without winning the title, you will be better. There's not much you can do if Liverpool or City get more than 95 points again.

It is because as good as this one as, they've not achieved anything yet - they have however set us up for a genuine shot at the top four (in fact I'd say after this weekend, I think you've got to say the pressure's on us) and as I said in the other thread, I think this group of players will go on to achieve more in their careers than our title winners - the title winning side was a group of solid players who fit together perfectly, mixed with three top class players in my opinion. This lot... I reckon there's a good 7/8 who could muster a career playing at Champions League level regularly.

If we do make the top four, this really is a gamechanger for us. That's twice in five seasons - unheard of for a club of our size and with the financial reward this brings, I think it presents a chance to really capitalise on the failings of others over a longer period. What I mean is, I think this will probably elevate us above someone like Everton. Not saying we'd be a bigger club but in footballing terms of today, I think players would favour a move here, for example.

8 minutes ago, Dan said:

It is because as good as this one as, they've not achieved anything yet - they have however set us up for a genuine shot at the top four (in fact I'd say after this weekend, I think you've got to say the pressure's on us) and as I said in the other thread, I think this group of players will go on to achieve more in their careers than our title winners - the title winning side was a group of solid players who fit together perfectly, mixed with three top class players in my opinion. This lot... I reckon there's a good 7/8 who could muster a career playing at Champions League level regularly.

If we do make the top four, this really is a gamechanger for us. That's twice in five seasons - unheard of for a club of our size and with the financial reward this brings, I think it presents a chance to really capitalise on the failings of others over a longer period. What I mean is, I think this will probably elevate us above someone like Everton. Not saying we'd be a bigger club but in footballing terms of today, I think players would favour a move here, for example.

That's what I'm saying though. If you get more than 81 points, it could be fair to say this side is better even if it won't be completely remembered due to a lack of silverware. If Liverpool get more than 95 points, then there's not much you could have done in my opinion.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Do we think Rodgers could leave mid season if Arsenal or Manchester United come in?

Doubt either of those clubs comes in for Rodgers personally. They'll go big and probably a foreign manager.

Rodgers choice to leave Celtic has so far been vindicated, third in the league and so far showing no reason why they can’t keep up with City and Liverpool. Not saying they’ll be in the title race as I don’t think they’ve got the team to take City and Liverpool all the way but this could be a solid top 4 spot and potential for cup silverware in his first season

• Subscriber

I'm really torn, I think for this season he'd be well advised to stick with us - both of those two need a bit of a rebuild and we've got it all in place now, for me we actually should finish in the top four now (providing we beat Arsenal next week, and to be honest, I'm confident we will) - but I'm not naive enough to think that he'd see it completely like that either.

If we lost him I'd want Chris Wilder or Graham Potter. Think they're going to be the best two English managers for a long time.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Think Rodgers would  be perfect for Arsenal, has to happen.

Even if it were to happen I can only see it happening in the summer not mid-season. I can't see how he gets any time to work with what's already there if he does choose to move. I'd say he need to stay with Leicester and get them to the end of a season before anyone even comes knocking on the door for him.

• The title was changed to Crystal Palace 0-2 Leicester - Sunday 3rd November, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived