talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Crystal Palace 0-2 Leicester - Sunday 3rd November, 2019

football forum

3 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Even if it were to happen I can only see it happening in the summer not mid-season. I can't see how he gets any time to work with what's already there if he does choose to move. I'd say he need to stay with Leicester and get them to the end of a season before anyone even comes knocking on the door for him.

Arsenal should just write off this season and get a manager who can get them playing. Rodgers would definitely go too, although as Dan says, maybe he'd want till the end of the season. Not much credibility to gain from managing Arsenal at the moment.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

That's what I'm saying though. If you get more than 81 points, it could be fair to say this side is better even if it won't be completely remembered due to a lack of silverware. If Liverpool get more than 95 points, then there's not much you could have done in my opinion.

Yeah I know what you mean, although I still think not enough respect goes to that 2015/16 team - they were in the most unbelievable, pinch yourself position possibly ever and completely held their nerve, bar one dodgy game against West Ham, never looked like letting it slip.

Today was a performance and a result I'd have expected of that side - but just produced with a bit more finesse.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Arsenal should just write off this season and get a manager who can get them playing. Rodgers would definitely go too.

If the board can assure him that they'll back him and let him keep them up this season he might have his head turned. But you also have to ask what chances he'd give Arsenal to get into top 4 and a champions league spot versus where he's at now? 

• Subscriber

I'd happily see us offer Rodgers an improved deal already. Make him buy into us that bit more. Managers don't get paid as well as players as a general rule - I'd happily give him a massive wage. Our net spend this season was practically zero.

Just now, Mel81x said:

If the board can assure him that they'll back him and let him keep them up this season he might have his head turned. But you also have to ask what chances he'd give Arsenal to get into top 4 and a champions league spot versus where he's at now? 

You're right. I would like to see him stick with Leicester and make them a force year after year, no reason he can't. I just think, what we know about Rodgers, he does have a big ego and I think he would like to manage a European giant again and put right what happened at Liverpool.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

You're right. I would like to see him stick with Leicester and make them a force year after year, no reason he can't. I just think, what we know about Rodgers, he does have a big ego and I think he would like to manage a European giant again and put right what happened at Liverpool.

Think he's on the right path as you said. This Leicester team are young, have potential and he has the ability to make changes while progressing them upwards. English club football is on the rise and with the performances over the last two years in Europe its getting better. I think if he was to go somewhere Arsenal might be a good destination eventually but you have to also look at who they have running them. If he wants to manage a European giant I don't know why but I don't think he should stick around in England to make that dream happen. 

That is never a penalty, the contact did not foul or impede Son in the slightest and he should be yellow carded for diving.

I like that officiating has eroded the technically bad tackling that English football has been associated with for so long but for me it’s time a lot of managers got a grip and accepted that it is a contact sport and that contact doesn’t constitute a foul because diving is as bad for the game as leg breaking challenges for me, very very embarrassing to watch in general, especially as a neutral 

1 hour ago, Dan said:

I'll finally bite - Soyuncu is better than Maguire. He is. He's quicker, he's as good on the ball, he helps us win the ball further up the pitch. He's been fantastic and today was probably his best game for us, bit sick I missed his first goal actually.

I still cant think of a better performance from a central defender at Selhurst Park. Hes built like the ideal defender, he wins everything in the air, his tackles are perfect, hes quick, hes composed, and he can move with the ball.

He wouldn't look out of place in any team from what I saw today, I spent half the game wondering what he was doing last season.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

✅ If you sing about Rebekkah Vardy, Jamie Vardy will score.

I actually think the Leicester team we saw today are better than the one that won the title.  I don't think anybody played particularly bad today. We just played a better team. Ayew was gobbled up by two solid defenders and we couldn't create anything.

First bit - it's ridiculous that fans don't learn xD. Since that whole wag shite happened, every team has sang about it and Vardy has bagged each time. They never learn!

Second bit - I'm starting to agree that this team is better. I'd definitely say it's more exciting watching this team flow and click. There are more players who can turn a game in this current squad - it was just Vardy and Mahrez in 15/16. Now we have Vardy, Tielemans, Maddison, Pereira. Even Barnes and Perez sometimes.

Also, Ayew played shit because I transferred him in to my FPL. So I'm taking credit for that.

4 hours ago, Dan said:

We are quality. That's one of our best wins under Rodgers for me. While last week was amazing, that was thoroughly professional from us.

I'll finally bite - Soyuncu is better than Maguire. He is. He's quicker, he's as good on the ball, he helps us win the ball further up the pitch. He's been fantastic and today was probably his best game for us, bit sick I missed his first goal actually.

Tielemans is top class. How on earth did Monaco get nothing out of him?

I think we look very likely to get a top 4 finish this season. Fantastic times for this club. They really are.

Definitely one of the best wins under Rodgers purely because this was probably the toughest test. Palace are such an organised side and I don't think many sides come away with 3 points from Selhurst Park. To come away with a clean sheet as well is commendable. Rodgers has got us playing very nicely and delivering results to go along with it. 

Rodgers has Vardy playing out of his skin as well - 19 goals in 21 games since he was hired. Superb stats for a 32/33 year old in this league! And you can see he still has plenty more to give.

3 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Rodgers would improve both clubs almost emedietely. Hope he stays at Leicester though. 

Same! I dread the day he's credibly linked with another club. Hope he sees how much potential this side has and how far he can take us.

2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I still cant think of a better performance from a central defender at Selhurst Park. Hes built like the ideal defender, he wins everything in the air, his tackles are perfect, hes quick, hes composed, and he can move with the ball.

He wouldn't look out of place in any team from what I saw today, I spent half the game wondering what he was doing last season.

Soyuncu is just pure quality. No-nonsense defender when he wants to be. But also cool as fuck on the ball when he wants to be too. Definitely one of my players of the season so far.

I genuinely think it was a blessing in disguise in some ways that we kept Maguire. It gave time for Soyuncu to settle in and now he plays like a seasoned pro and looks comfortable in all aspects of his game.

• The title was changed to Crystal Palace 0-2 Leicester - Sunday 3rd November, 2019
  • Subscriber
3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I said in the summer I was happy for us to give him a chance. I thought we under-used him last season - he made errors but ones that game time would sort out (I hoped) and it's paid dividends. I legitimately believe he is a better player than Maguire and that Manchester United actually paid a world record fee for Leicester's third best centre back.

• Subscriber

Tell you what, it speaks volumes for Rodgers when even players like Demarai Gray are coming on and making genuine contributions. There's such a positive vibe around the time I even feel someone like Iheanacho could come on and get full backing from everyone - it's a farcry from how things had gone under Puel.

• Subscriber

Re: discussion on previous page. Rodgers should stay at Leicester for a few seasons, good chance he gets them into the Champions League for next season so he may as well stay and at least give a European campaign a go with them.

I see no reason to believe Arsenal and Manchester United won't still be abysmal in another 2 or 3 seasons and therefore still desperate to give someone competent like Rodgers a phone call. Time is on his side I feel.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived