talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - Saturday 2nd November, 2019

football forum

• Subscriber

The problem for me is that as a match-goer, it takes away from the spontaneity of football which is a big part of what makes it so special. If we're going to sacrifice that - I want nearly perfect results. I don't want a 'slight' improvement if this is the cost, I'd rather just get rid full stop.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I don't think they have mate. I think they are trying to improve it. It may take a bit of patience.

They won't improve it. Infantino will probably say that VAR is fine, like he ALWAYS does and look to aimlessly defend it.

It's been around for 3 years now and there have been minimal if any improvements to it. It's ruining the game as we know it, and I can't believe there are actually people that still defend it. People would rather have "correct decisions" than an actual spectacle when the game was already OK as it was. 

Sure there were a few errors here and there, but it's not like VAR has changed that much and it's even less regulated now. 

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

As I said when VAR was introduced, it will ruin the game... and it is. 

Nobody, and I mean nobody with half a brain can defend it now. It's actually a running joke. 

Sadly, the dipshits who do defend it will keep finding excuses. "Imagine if X team had this penalty called against them" bla bla bla

Oh and did I mention they keep on saying that it's just been introduced? I saw the very first tournament with VAR in it (Club world cup 2016) and immediately worried for the sport. That was 3 years ago, and since then there have been NO improvements to the system. At best, very minimal ones. Stakes for correct decisions have never been higher either.

Unfortunately it won't go until FIFA lose money or teams refuse to play the games. Sadly nobody is brave enough to boycott because FIFA will just suspend the federation. 

The game is gone.

VAR has improved nothing... it's actually made things worse. 

I honestly cant understand anyone who likes it! 

It's a crock of shit, both for the tv viewers, the match going fans, everyone. Anyone who defends it are nothing more than job worth dickheads that dont understand football. 

Have to say worst fans at Villa Park this season, never made any noise until they scored at which point the champions of Europe’s fan base sprang into life by setting off flares at 1-1 vs newly promoted Villa was Mickey Mouse to say the least. 

Think they’ll win the league but their away support is worse than Brighton 

46 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Have to say worst fans at Villa Park this season, never made any noise until they scored at which point the champions of Europe’s fan base spray to life by setting off flares at 1-1 vs newly promoted Villa was Mickey Mouse to say the least. 

Think they’ll win the league but their away support is worse than Brighton 

Wouldn’t be saying any of this if it ended 1-0

10 hours ago, Grizzly21 said:

They won't improve it. Infantino will probably say that VAR is fine, like he ALWAYS does and look to aimlessly defend it.

It's been around for 3 years now and there have been minimal if any improvements to it. It's ruining the game as we know it, and I can't believe there are actually people that still defend it. People would rather have "correct decisions" than an actual spectacle when the game was already OK as it was. 

Sure there were a few errors here and there, but it's not like VAR has changed that much and it's even less regulated now. 

You keep saying it hasn't improved but i am going to wait and see for myself. I haven't seen it in other leagues. You are so against it you would say that anyway 

Just saw the disaload goal. I think he probably was offside but I agree with @Harry if it to close to call they should give the benefit to the attacker.  I think if the linesman hadn't put the flag up it would have stood. I think if we didn't have var from the linesman angle he would have probably disaload it so for me anti VA arists(just made up a word)  are over exaggerating a bit.

36 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Just saw the disaload goal. I think he probably was offside but I agree with @Harry if it to close to call they should give the benefit to the attacker.  I think if the linesman hadn't put the flag up it would have stood. I think if we didn't have var from the linesman angle he would have probably disaload it so for me anti VA arists(just made up a word)  are over exaggerating a bit.

He wasn't offside. I agree though that the fact the linesman puts his flag up probably means they've done everything to not overturn the decision. The linesman needs questioning as to why he puts his flag up for such a close call when they're supposedly meant to let play go on if it's close

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

He wasn't offside. I agree though that the fact the linesman puts his flag up probably means they've done everything to not overturn the decision. The linesman needs questioning as to why he puts his flag up for such a close call when they're supposedly meant to let play go on if it's close

I can answer the question as to why he put the flag up.

He’s a fucking cunt. Fuck all of the officials 

5 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Depends which angle you look at it. When a saw a replay which was after that comment it didn't look offside. To be honest it was a mistake from a linesman not var because I don't think var can overturn that as it is inconclusive. 

30 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Depends which angle you look at it. When a saw a replay which was after that comment it didn't look offside. To be honest it was a mistake from a linesman not var because I don't think var can overturn that as it is inconclusive. 

Which makes VAR irrelevant. Its bollocks, everyone knows it. 

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Which makes VAR irrelevant. Its bollocks, everyone knows it. 

That was one that may have been wrong and the benefit of the doubt should go to the attacker. However even you admitted var was ok for offsides for most part. Just because it has got a few wrong doesn't mean we get rid of it.

5 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Fixed for you

We stole it from Napoli actually. It’s an Italian pop song from the 80s that we brought back to England from playing on the continent for the rest of the country to use. Maybe in a few months you’ll have another song after we’ve made another one popular 

49 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

That was one that may have been wrong and the benefit of the doubt should go to the attacker. However even you admitted var was ok for offsides for most part. Just because it has got a few wrong doesn't mean we get rid of it.

How can they get offside wrong though mate? Its absolutely laughable. It's the one single thing VAR should never get wrong. They cant even get that right so what chance have they got with everything else? xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived