Man City vs Southampton
Sheff Utd vs Burnley
West Ham vs Newcastle

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

2 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

I’ve based this on nothing at all but a gut feeling but I think Liverpool may struggle at Villa. 

They’ll probably win 4-0 now I’ve said that. 

Stan alluded to it in the Gloryhunter thread but I agree. Liverpool could underestimate Villa and slip up but I've predicted that 4-0 win for them too!

Tbh I assume most matches will be tough and there's always the possibility that we struggle - but there's also the possibility we start strong and play intensely and grab an early goal which then changes a lot for us in the matches where I typically feel like we might struggle. I personally believe the opposition is up for it if you're a title holder or the European Champion. So when we roll into the opposition stadium, I imagine those players are thinking "let's put on a performance against the European champions that'll make our fans proud tonight" - sometimes it doesn't work obviously.

But Villa are a hardworking side and they've got talent all around the pitch for a promoted side, they've got the ability to cause problems if players get complacent. So I definitely don't think it'll be a walk in the park.

• Subscriber

Not going to be an easy game but I still think we'll beat them. They tend to be a side that stay organized very well for long periods only to make one mistake and then accept a flood of problems when that happens. I am glad we rested players mid-week because they are going to have to be operating at 100% (as they should for every game) to get a win there.

2 hours ago, Pyfish said:

Stan alluded to it in the Gloryhunter thread but I agree. Liverpool could underestimate Villa and slip up but I've predicted that 4-0 win for them too!

I’m really just basing it off them potentially resting players ahead of their game with City and nothing else. 

11 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Don't think we'll be resting players here

I'm not sure Fabinho will play though (because it's not worth him risking a yellow and not being available against City) and he's probably our most important midfielder. But Henderson's done well in the holding role before, even if it's not his best position.

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Weve just rested all of our first 11 against Arsenal. We will be full strength mate.

VVD? Hasn’t he got a knock? Surely you won’t risk him.

Pretty sure Fabinho won’t play with the loss of a couple of midfielders and him being on 4 cards. 

Didn’t Keita go off in midweek too? Is he fit?

Think a reshuffled midfield and no VVD (if he’s not 100%) could be a bit of a leveller. 

41 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Pretty sure Fabinho won’t play with the loss of a couple of midfielders and him being on 4 cards. 

Think a reshuffled midfield and no VVD (if he’s not 100%) could be a bit of a leveller. 

Fabinho probably won't play but I don't know about Van Dijk. Didn't know he had a knock. If he does though I think he'll play this

Keita is far from first choice at the moment anyway. Klopp always makes changes in midfield

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm not sure Fabinho will play though (because it's not worth him risking a yellow and not being available against City) and he's probably our most important midfielder. But Henderson's done well in the holding role before, even if it's not his best position.

Yeah Fabinho probably won't play but other than that it'll probably be the same as usual. Henderson was playing that role up until earlier in the year so I don't really see any problems with that

I’m not going to as pessimistic as some (maybe wary is a better word) as I agree with Mike. This is the best Liverpool side since I have been old enough to know better, and we should be beating Villa. They are a decent side, but I’ll be very disappointed if we leave with anything but the 3 points.

Definitely have to rest Fabinho too. 

6 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

VVD got a dead leg, Klopp said he'll be fine. Fabinho fair point, I'd hope he sits this one out. Kieta is injured again but probably wouldn't have started anyway. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Panna King said:

Emery will hopefully be gone after if that happens, the fans again will lose their shit. 

That's why I hope it's a draw. Final nail a 5-0 loss for him next week :D

• The topic was unpinned

Archived