talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Secret life of TF365?

football forum

• Subscriber

I was on here once and went the loo and I left wee Kaiden playing with his toys on the floor, when I got back and looked at my laptop I shite myself, all I could see was...

ZXRtbj7890--=+Cat,...?/{[[[

I worked it out in the end after a couple of minutes and looking at Kaiden with a cat's grin on his face, he had managed to get into my Google Chrome zoom settings and set the bloody words on something like 200+.xD 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Toinho said:

Bring me some quotes of me saying those exact things with a negative attitude? This thread isn’t one. Relax. Don’t be so caught up in your image. 

Huh? What image?

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Only if you also post in comics & sci-fi threads :dunce:

Sci-Fi is covered under the Nerd definition 

A nerd is a person seen as overly intellectual, obsessive, introverted or lacking social skills. Such a person may spend inordinate amounts of time on unpopular, little known, or non-mainstream activities, which are generally either highly technical, abstract, or relating to topics of science fiction or fantasy, to the exclusion of more mainstream activities. Additionally, many so-called nerds are described as being shy, quirky, pedantic, and unattractive.

• Subscriber

I don't use the site as much on my phone which is probably why I never get asked what I am doing and that leads to not even having to bring it up in conversation. Most things happen on my laptop or the desktop and the only time I am ever on those is when I am working. I do ask people for suggestions on what to do with running Sheep but that's only because we have such a huge group of board-game-playing folks that sometimes they come up with really good ideas.

6 hours ago, Toinho said:

You’re the one who got sensitive about me calling you a nerd 😂😂

Huh? I think you've missed the point. I've always been a nerd. I'm not insecure about it ;)  

I post on a history forum, a strategy game publisher's forum, and this.

My family know vaguely that I post and read on discussion-type websites, but I've been sure to stop anyone with web access knowing any specifics which could lead to them finding me.

• Subscriber
On 02/11/2019 at 15:06, Rick said:

I don’t hide it but I doubt any of my friends or family know what it is. 

This is me. My Mums the only one nosy enough to ask what I've been doing for the last 10 minutes when I'm furiously tapping away, probably hoping that I'm messaging a new girlfriend when in actual fact I'm bashing out a six paragraph essay about VAR.

My brother knew when I posted on TFF. One time I was posting on Storts forum and he oversaw me and said "Total Football Forums". I explained that I got banned from there and he laughed asking "what did you do?" I just told him I spammed and advertised. Nobody must bring up the real past xD

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Grizzly21 said:

My brother knew when I posted on TFF. One time I was posting on Storts forum and he oversaw me and said "Total Football Forums". I explained that I got banned from there and he laughed asking "what did you do?" I just told him I spammed and advertised. Nobody must bring up the real past xD

Did he know you died in a car crash and came back to life :)

I have to admit I do feel slightly embarrassed at the thought of people I know in real life reading what I write online.... There's sometimes a comfort in the relative anonymity of the internet that brings a level of honesty you may even hold back from people you know in real life.

Like when my wife asked me "why have you been replying to peoples comments on climate change articles on Facebook?" and part of me clenched up in shame. I don't really get why but there you go.

Archived