Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

FC Bayern sack Niko Kovac

Was expected after that  trashing they got from Frankfurt. Will be interesting whom they appoint next, since there's no obvious candidate.

On a serious note - this is not surprising; I'd expect them to go for someone like Mourinho now. 

Would be at least entertaining to watch how the ego of Mourinho on one hand and those of Hoeneß and Rummenigge on the other collide. :D

• Upvote 3

The 5-1 defeat clearly the trigger needed to close his tenure. I'm surprised it took this long. 

Correct me if I’m wrong but haven’t Bayern focused on younger attacking based players? Mourinho doesn’t seem to fit that mould does he.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Would be at least entertaining to watch how the ego of Mourinho on one hand and those of Hoeneß and Rummenigge on the other collide. :D

I can't even imagine Mourinho and Hoeneß in one room together. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Bayern have just opened the door for coaches who want to leave their respective clubs. I could imagine someone like Poch at Bayern if they took a chance on him but that's a long shot and they'll probably take someone else. 

Quite a few names circulating as potential successors. Ten Hag, Mourinho, Rangnick, Wenger...

Quote.thumb.png.2548c8bd5d0b584297d484e96b7f5ce6.png

Former Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri, previously linked with Arsenal, is the favourite to take over at Bayern Munich following the departure of Niko Kovac. (Bild, via Football Italia)

RB Leipzig manager Ralf Rangnick has also been strongly tipped for the Bayern vacancy - with Mourinho another candidate. (London Evening Standard)

Class :congrats:

• Upvote 2

Long overdue, the individual skill of our roster carried him for far too long. Ten Haag is still the name being bandied about alot but I doubt he leaves mid season, Honigstein has mentioned Ragnick as a caretaker until the end of the season and then stepping into the sporting director role while Brazzo gets a spot on the board. Interesting times anyways.

I still wish they had gotten their heads out of their assess and just agreed on Tuchel way back when..

17 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Long overdue, the individual skill of our roster carried him for far too long. Ten Haag is still the name being bandied about alot but I doubt he leaves mid season, Honigstein has mentioned Ragnick as a caretaker until the end of the season and then stepping into the sporting director role while Brazzo gets a spot on the board. Interesting times anyways.

I still wish they had gotten their heads out of their assess and just agreed on Tuchel way back when..

Just wait for the next manager out of Dortmund to poach.

28 minutes ago, Spike said:

Just wait for the next manager out of Dortmund to poach.

I mean Klopp would have been great tooxD

2 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

I mean Klopp would have been great tooxD

Ugh, I hope that never happens. 

• Upvote 1

I hope they get Arsene Wenger, and that he has a redemption arc so he can end his career as a manager on a high note. I thought it was a bit shit the way he left Arsenal.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I hope they get Arsene Wenger, and that he has a redemption arc so he can end his career as a manager on a high note. I thought it was a bit shit the way he left Arsenal.

I like Wenger so I'd hate to see him at Bayern :( 

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

Makes sense. But I'd like Wenger to be able to sign out of football on a high note and Bayern seems like a good place for him to do that

53 minutes ago, nudge said:

I like Kovac too, so I hated to see him at Bayern. Every time they suffered a defeat, I loved it, but always felt a bit sad for Kovac. Guess it'd be the same for Wenger. As Gonzo said, he deserves a bit of redemption for how his great career at Arsenal ended. If he'll eventually snatch the title from Red Bullshit, it'd be even kind of nice. 

I am sorry that Kovac got sacked, he is a young manager who was in one of the most demanding jobs in football. But Frankfurt's 5-1 demolition of Bayern was great to watch, some of the play was really enjoyable to watch. I am sure that Kovac will continue to grow as a manager, there are many other decent clubs who will want him.

19 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think he's always wanted to manage in Germany. I read a biography years ago and remember reading that when he was young and still living in Alsace he used to cross the border and go to a lot of matches in Germany.

I really want to see him back in management and succeeding.

• Upvote 2

Tuchel is unavailable.
Ten Hag has said he's staying at Ajax until the end of the season at least.
Rangnick is unavailable.
Mourinho is not wanted by Bayern bosses.
Allegri can't speak German.
Wenger is willing but apparently is only wanted as a short-term option until one of Bayern's desired managers becomes available.

2 hours ago, nudge said:

Mourinho is not wanted by Bayern bosses.

Shame. I was looking forward to FC Hollywood in full effect. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Panna King said:

I hate Wenger and Hate Munich so its a good combination for Wenger :D 

Idk how you can hate Wenger and be an Arsenal fan. The man is an Arsenal legend and is unquestionably the best Arsenal manager of all time - a few poor seasons doesn't erase all of the great work he did at Arsenal. I actually think it's sad that he's not universally loved by Arsenal fans - he did so much for English football and for Arsenal. The man is a legend.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Idk how you can hate Wenger and be an Arsenal fan. The man is an Arsenal legend and is unquestionably the best Arsenal manager of all time - a few poor seasons doesn't erase all of the great work he did at Arsenal. I actually think it's sad that he's not universally loved by Arsenal fans - he did so much for English football and for Arsenal. The man is a legend.

He never won anything in Europe at all so cannot really be describes as a world class coach. I actually do respect him highly but just feel he stayed for 10 years too long at Arsenal.

Just now, Panna King said:

He never won anything in Europe at all. I actually do respect him highly but just feel he stayed for 10 years too long at Arsenal.

Most managers don't win anything in Europe tbh. And when he did make a CL final, he was up against one of the best sides in the world. He certainly put in better showings in Europe than making a EL final and getting absolutely demolished by a local rival.

But I'm glad to hear you respect him highly, because the man did so much not just for Arsenal... but in bringing English football forward in terms of sport science and nutrition. As well as producing some of the classiest and attractive football I've seen from an English side. And without financial doping.