talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Bayern sack Niko Kovac

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Would be at least entertaining to watch how the ego of Mourinho on one hand and those of Hoeneß and Rummenigge on the other collide. :D

I can't even imagine Mourinho and Hoeneß in one room together. 

• Subscriber

Bayern have just opened the door for coaches who want to leave their respective clubs. I could imagine someone like Poch at Bayern if they took a chance on him but that's a long shot and they'll probably take someone else. 

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.2548c8bd5d0b584297d484e96b7f5ce6.png

Former Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri, previously linked with Arsenal, is the favourite to take over at Bayern Munich following the departure of Niko Kovac. (Bild, via Football Italia)

RB Leipzig manager Ralf Rangnick has also been strongly tipped for the Bayern vacancy - with Mourinho another candidate. (London Evening Standard)

• Subscriber

Long overdue, the individual skill of our roster carried him for far too long. Ten Haag is still the name being bandied about alot but I doubt he leaves mid season, Honigstein has mentioned Ragnick as a caretaker until the end of the season and then stepping into the sporting director role while Brazzo gets a spot on the board. Interesting times anyways.

I still wish they had gotten their heads out of their assess and just agreed on Tuchel way back when..

17 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Long overdue, the individual skill of our roster carried him for far too long. Ten Haag is still the name being bandied about alot but I doubt he leaves mid season, Honigstein has mentioned Ragnick as a caretaker until the end of the season and then stepping into the sporting director role while Brazzo gets a spot on the board. Interesting times anyways.

I still wish they had gotten their heads out of their assess and just agreed on Tuchel way back when..

Just wait for the next manager out of Dortmund to poach.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I hope they get Arsene Wenger, and that he has a redemption arc so he can end his career as a manager on a high note. I thought it was a bit shit the way he left Arsenal.

I like Wenger so I'd hate to see him at Bayern :( 

53 minutes ago, nudge said:

I like Wenger so I'd hate to see him at Bayern :( 

I like Kovac too, so I hated to see him at Bayern. Every time they suffered a defeat, I loved it, but always felt a bit sad for Kovac. Guess it'd be the same for Wenger. As Gonzo said, he deserves a bit of redemption for how his great career at Arsenal ended. If he'll eventually snatch the title from Red Bullshit, it'd be even kind of nice. 

I am sorry that Kovac got sacked, he is a young manager who was in one of the most demanding jobs in football. But Frankfurt's 5-1 demolition of Bayern was great to watch, some of the play was really enjoyable to watch. I am sure that Kovac will continue to grow as a manager, there are many other decent clubs who will want him.

19 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I hope they get Arsene Wenger, and that he has a redemption arc so he can end his career as a manager on a high note. I thought it was a bit shit the way he left Arsenal.

I think he's always wanted to manage in Germany. I read a biography years ago and remember reading that when he was young and still living in Alsace he used to cross the border and go to a lot of matches in Germany.

I really want to see him back in management and succeeding.

Archived