talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Bayern sack Niko Kovac

• Subscriber

Tuchel is unavailable.
Ten Hag has said he's staying at Ajax until the end of the season at least.
Rangnick is unavailable.
Mourinho is not wanted by Bayern bosses.
Allegri can't speak German.
Wenger is willing but apparently is only wanted as a short-term option until one of Bayern's desired managers becomes available.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Panna King said:

I hate Wenger and Hate Munich so its a good combination for Wenger :D 

Idk how you can hate Wenger and be an Arsenal fan. The man is an Arsenal legend and is unquestionably the best Arsenal manager of all time - a few poor seasons doesn't erase all of the great work he did at Arsenal. I actually think it's sad that he's not universally loved by Arsenal fans - he did so much for English football and for Arsenal. The man is a legend.

17 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Idk how you can hate Wenger and be an Arsenal fan. The man is an Arsenal legend and is unquestionably the best Arsenal manager of all time - a few poor seasons doesn't erase all of the great work he did at Arsenal. I actually think it's sad that he's not universally loved by Arsenal fans - he did so much for English football and for Arsenal. The man is a legend.

He never won anything in Europe at all so cannot really be describes as a world class coach. I actually do respect him highly but just feel he stayed for 10 years too long at Arsenal.

Just now, Panna King said:

He never won anything in Europe at all. I actually do respect him highly but just feel he stayed for 10 years too long at Arsenal.

Most managers don't win anything in Europe tbh. And when he did make a CL final, he was up against one of the best sides in the world. He certainly put in better showings in Europe than making a EL final and getting absolutely demolished by a local rival.

But I'm glad to hear you respect him highly, because the man did so much not just for Arsenal... but in bringing English football forward in terms of sport science and nutrition. As well as producing some of the classiest and attractive football I've seen from an English side. And without financial doping.

4 minutes ago, Panna King said:

He never won anything in Europe at all so cannot really be describes as a world class coach. I actually do respect him highly but just feel he stayed for 10 years too long at Arsenal.

If you can be a good league and cup manager at the same time, you truly are an amazing manager.

Guardiola and Conte aren't cup managers for example.

Meanwhile Emery and Zidane arent league managers.

Hell, I'll even throw Tite in there who looked fantastic with Corinthians and Brazil during a league format but very average in Libertadores and World Cup contention.

Only one that I can think of as both is Klopp maybe.

I hope Wenger succeeds if he takes over Bayern, I liked him at Arsenal and obviously there were major flaws under his leadership but it would be great to see that old school Wenger take over a highly talented team.

19 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Most managers don't win anything in Europe tbh. And when he did make a CL final, he was up against one of the best sides in the world. He certainly put in better showings in Europe than making a EL final and getting absolutely demolished by a local rival.

But I'm glad to hear you respect him highly, because the man did so much not just for Arsenal... but in bringing English football forward in terms of sport science and nutrition. As well as producing some of the classiest and attractive football I've seen from an English side. And without financial doping.

Even at his worst he was better than most managers. A lot of arsenal fans said as soon as Wenger went things would get better. They made out he was some kind of Paul merson. Well what are we like now. Wenger was essential up until 2014. Despite what many say arsenal couldn't spend much because up until then because of our sponsorship deal. After that we were able to renogotiate it. Saying if he went 10 years ago is just speculation. When people make these kind of speculations of what might have been it's almost impossible to debate it because we simply don't know.

Our fans keep moving the goal posts. The complaint was always he didn't spend enough now they are saying he spent a lot badly. I actually think are fans are almost as self entitled and delusional as west ham fans at times. We have never won the europein cup but apparently Wenger is shit because he got us in it every year and never won it.

19 hours ago, Grizzly21 said:

If you can be a good league and cup manager at the same time, you truly are an amazing manager.

Guardiola and Conte aren't cup managers for example.

Meanwhile Emery and Zidane arent league managers.

Hell, I'll even throw Tite in there who looked fantastic with Corinthians and Brazil during a league format but very average in Libertadores and World Cup contention.

Only one that I can think of as both is Klopp maybe.

Guardiola isn't a league and cup

manager :rofl: @Happy Blue your heard this mate 

Pep is the most complete manager currently managing, to say he isn’t a cup manager is mental. 

He’s been fortunate in having strength in depth, but he’s experienced in balancing both the league and cup competitions 

Just now, Happy Blue said:

@Grizzly21 is on some good crack! xD  ..Pep only won 2 cups, 1 shield and the league title last season :whistling: ..in fact Pep loves cup competitions, he even takes the shield seriously!

His record is 3 Spanish leagues

2 Spanish cups

3 German leagues

2 German cups

2 premier League titles

2 league cups 

1 FA cup.

2 champions leagues

3 world club cups.

Out of the small cups

3 Spanish supercups

3 uefa supercups.

2 community shields.

And a little bonus Spanish division 3 title with Barcelona b.

If I was you @Grizzly21 I'd admit defeat on that one

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Pep is the most complete manager currently managing, to say he isn’t a cup manager is mental. 

He’s been fortunate in having strength in depth, but he’s experienced in balancing both the league and cup competitions 

I don't like pep but he is an exceptional manager. 

Posted if record above mate.

• Subscriber
Just now, Rucksackfranzose said:

What do Tayfun Korkut, Michael Oenning, Tomas Oral. Michael Frontzeck or Lothar Matthäus nowadays. Wouild be great to see one of these footballing geniuses managing Bayern.:ph34r:

It has to be Matthäus! A match made in heaven. Then they should also get Effenberg for the full package.

1 hour ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

According to sky news Bayern isn't interested in Wenger anymore.

Probably got so many rejections that they wanted to reject someone too for a change. 

I'm glad he's not going there. I don't think it would work out. I think he would be better suited with a backroom role or maybe some job with uefa. Unlike a lot of arsenal fans I dont wish anything bad on Wenger. He loves arsenal more than most of the fans. He gave us history with a season unbeaten, and more fa cup wins than anyone ever 

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

Can't agree I'm afraid. He's a league manager for me more than anything. Breaks records in league formats left and right but can't quite crack the CL and often gets outwitted.. Just because he's won some domestic cups with the best squad in the country doesn't automatically make him a cup manager.

I will say though he's probably the second most balanced manager in the world, but I still see him more of a league manager if anything.

10 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Can't agree I'm afraid. He's a league manager for me more than anything. Breaks records in league formats left and right but can't quite crack the CL and often gets outwitted.. Just because he's won some domestic cups with the best squad in the country doesn't automatically make him a cup manager.

I will say though he's probably the second most balanced manager in the world, but I still see him more of a league manager if anything.

If he isn’t a cup manager then no one is. 

37 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

That is the biggest load of shit I have heard in my life.

@Happy Blue :rofl:

Archived