talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Adam Lallana - Leicester-Bound in Summer

football forum

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's definitely time for him to move on and create some space in the midfield squad places for guys like Grujic and Elliott. But I've really enjoyed his time at Liverpool and even now I can see his class as he goes about it, the tenacity and work rate and the berbatov-esque silkyness.

I'd like to see him get whatever move he desires most. Maybe even staying in the EPL for a club in need of some maturity and creativity. But MLS could be a good option for him too. He deserves to be playing 35 games a season wherever he goes.

I think it's a bit of a shame how he was arguably our best player in Klopp's system and seemed like a favourite of the manager… but then a few bad injuries really derailed the positive progress he made. I just hope he avoids bad injuries for the rest of his career and when he does leave us, he goes somewhere he'll get plenty of time on the pitch.

• Subscriber

There was at time under Klopp when he was literally pulling tricks out of a hat and was actually doing really well. Shame he got injured because I don't think he truly ever recovered from that. His best attribute for me is the same thing that Robertson has which is they never give up. I remember him chasing a goalkeeper down once and getting a goal, then that tackle against Burnley which then fell for Salah and eventually scored by Mane. No one in their right mind would have gone for either because its such a pointless venture but this guy is always hounding the opposition. I think it is time for him to move on but I also think we never truly got the best out of him for the aforementioned reasons. 

• 2 weeks later...

While you have to sympathise with him, and I'm sure he'd rather have been playing, Adam Lallana has done very well out of his injuries. He's had half a good season (3 years ago) since coming to Anfield in 2014, which he's turned into a £110k/wk contract at Liverpool and now a lucrative move to China, America, or Paris. Had he stayed fit and been available for selection, he'd have been found out years ago

1 hour ago, Burning Gold said:

While you have to sympathise with him, and I'm sure he'd rather have been playing, Adam Lallana has done very well out of his injuries. He's had half a good season (3 years ago) since coming to Anfield in 2014, which he's turned into a £110k/wk contract at Liverpool and now a lucrative move to China, America, or Paris. Had he stayed fit and been available for selection, he'd have been found out years ago

Found out?

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Found out?

To be a player who does justify his 110k a week wage. I like Lallana, seems like a good lad, but we can’t pretend he’s some brilliant player. He’s had patches of good form here, but how much is that for overrated because he hardly played? 

3 minutes ago, Rick said:

To be a player who does justify his 110k a week wage. I like Lallana, seems like a good lad, but we can’t pretend he’s some brilliant player. He’s had patches of good form here, but how much is that for overrated because he hardly played? 

Injuries have killed him. If it wasnt for that he would play most games, Klopp said so himself. 

It's a shame but yeah I agree, it's probably time he went because his input doesn't justify his wages. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Dan said:

I'm not really sure about that to be honest. It's very West Ham.

I thought he'd sign for you pretty much as soon as Brendan did to be honest. He's a Rodgers player through and through

I see what you mean about West Ham though. I think it's got West Ham written all over it in terms of profile, but he doesn't strike me as a West Ham player stylistically. I'm interested to see where he ends up

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Burning Gold said:

I thought he'd sign for you pretty much as soon as Brendan did to be honest. He's a Rodgers player through and through

I see what you mean about West Ham though. I think it's got West Ham written all over it in terms of profile, but he doesn't strike me as a West Ham player stylistically. I'm interested to see where he ends up

Wouldn't be shocked if it was with us. I'm just a bit unsure about it really. On a sensible deal I'd support it but I don't want us making him one of our highest earners and I fear we'd have to. He just hasn't played enough football. Does anybody really know if he's any good anymore?

I don't mind the odd signing like it but it's when you start to pad out your squad with that kind of signing you've got problems. 

3 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

Did Rodgers ever get anywhere close to Lallana's best out of him though? I recall him being pretty inconsistent until Klopp arrived

2 hours ago, Dan said:

Wouldn't be shocked if it was with us. I'm just a bit unsure about it really. On a sensible deal I'd support it but I don't want us making him one of our highest earners and I fear we'd have to. He just hasn't played enough football. Does anybody really know if he's any good anymore?

I don't mind the odd signing like it but it's when you start to pad out your squad with that kind of signing you've got problems. 

Yeah he's on about £100k a week I think. 

In terms of if he's any good anymore, I've not had a problem with him this season. He's done well when he's got time on the pitch this season and his leadership in some of the cup games that contained mainly kids was impressive (the game v Everton in particular)

9 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Did Rodgers ever get anywhere close to Lallana's best out of him though? I recall him being pretty inconsistent until Klopp arrived

Yeah he's on about £100k a week I think. 

In terms of if he's any good anymore, I've not had a problem with him this season. He's done well when he's got time on the pitch this season and his leadership in some of the cup games that contained mainly kids was impressive (the game v Everton in particular)

Well yeah, Klopp's a better manager, so of course he's going to get more out of his players. That's not something that's limited to Rodgers, or to Lallana. I just mean Lallana's a technical player who plays between the lines and likes to get on the ball.

Thosethings make him a Rodgers player, add his work rate and you get a Klopp player as well, but he's not good enough, young enough, or reliable enough for our team

• Subscriber

My question is what will Lallana offer us that we don't already have? I come to the conclusion - experience and coming from a dressing room with a serious winning mentality as the main things. Stylistically I think we probably need a bit more variety rather than more of what we already have.

5 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Too good for MLS/China/West Ham still. He should go back to Saints it they stay up.

I think Southampton fans really fucking hate him though. He and Lovren always get loads of stick whenever we play away to them (and those two are on the pitch).

Granted, I'm sure they'd warm back up to him if he rejoined them and was performing. But going someplace where fans are likely to not be on your side from day one can always be a bit tough, I think. But I agree with you, on paper they'd be a great fit for the way he plays and what he'd offer to that squad.

I'd be interested to see how he would fare in La Liga or Serie A football tbh - but I doubt that happens.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think Southampton fans really fucking hate him though. He and Lovren always get loads of stick whenever we play away to them (and those two are on the pitch).

Granted, I'm sure they'd warm back up to him if he rejoined them and was performing. But going someplace where fans are likely to not be on your side from day one can always be a bit tough, I think. But I agree with you, on paper they'd be a great fit for the way he plays and what he'd offer to that squad.

I'd be interested to see how he would fare in La Liga or Serie A football tbh - but I doubt that happens.

Yeah but they'd suck him off again after a few shirt signings and a well worded interview. See us with Rooney and literally any other "homecoming" transfer.

• The title was changed to Adam Lallana - Leicester-Bound in Summer
  • The topic was locked

Archived