• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round 20 - Brazil

football forum

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, MUFC said:

Next year do them Friday. I think you're too pissed by Saturday lol.

It has nothing to do with my alcohol consumption. I just forget about the trivial things in life sometimes ;)

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

For the 1st time in two years the SC actually helps Vettel, instead of annihilating his lead as usual.

Is going to bottle it though? Leclerc could profit, too, if he makes a pitstop rn.

But Vettel never helps himself.

15 minutes ago, MUFC said:

But Vettel never helps himself.

I understand what you mean, but Vettel left room for Leclerc, when the later overtook him. When Ric was still at RB Verstappen did the same thing, you are refering to, against Ric four times a lap. The difference is that Ric always left room for Verstappen. When they finally crashed in Baku last year, RB essentially said "Max is just a bit faster". Now people will say "Vettel is just a bottler", when both drivers made the same move.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

I understand what you mean, but Vettel left room for Leclerc, when the later overtook him. When Ric was still at RB Verstappen did the same thing, you are refering to, against Ric four times a lap. The difference is that Ric always left room for Verstappen. When they finally crashed in Baku last year, RB essentially said "Max is just a bit faster". Now people will say "Vettel is just a bottler", when both drivers made the same move.

I agree mate but over the course of 3 years I was speaking about. Today was just unlucky. And please don't meantion that prick Ricciardo. I predicted Renault to come outside the top 8.

• Subscriber

Wow.

Great result for Gasly. Devastating ending for Albon, think Lewis will take a penalty for that and Sainz will go up to 3rd from last on the grid.

Verstappen bossed Hamilton twice wheel to wheel, you can't underplay how rare it is to see that happen. 

Mercedes dodgy strategy calls go to show it's easier to look like geniuses when you have the fastest car. Today they were second best and made the sort of rash gambles that Ferrari used to get criticised for. It's not easy being 2nd fastest and trying to win.

The Ferrari collision was totally predictable. Leclerc made a late but fair little dive on his team mate. When Seb got right up behind his rear wing I muttered this is going to end in tears. My take is that Vettel loses his head and pulls across to try and intimidate Leclerc out of the way. There was no need for him to move back across and he didn't have the cars length he needed to claim it was a defensive manoeuvre. I also think their battle over the course of the season and that lack of trust brimming between the pair of them had a part to play there. I've defended Seb from lazy criticism and rewriting of history a lot this season but that one was on him.

Amazing that Toro Rosso have two podiums this year and McLaren haven't had one.

• Subscriber

WHAT.A.RACE!

Very good job by Max; it was close all the time but he kept his cool and overtook Hamilton when it mattered. Good start and good restarts after safety cars. Also extremely happy for Gasly; he held his ground until the very end and it's good to see him on the podium after a turbulent season. Gutted for Albon though; he did great to overtake Vettel before the two Ferraris took each other out and would have deserved the podium... Probably a penalty for Hamilton there. 

Saubers P5 & P6; amazing ^_^

Also how good is Sainz? Started from the back of the grid and made his way through the field to a potential 3rd.

So exciting. Great race on a great track. 

Sainz is a bit in Lando's shadow in terms of being hyped. But he's undoubtedly McLaren's MVP. Pretty cool guy too.

The Ferrari incident, well... I can see why people put the main blame on Vettel, but Leclerc wasn't 100% innocent too. Made it provoke-ish tight for Vettel. Heidfeld said the same on Sky. Anyway, what a fucking disaster. And the Ferrari is made out of cardboard apparently. 

Gutted for Alex Albon. I hope Lewis gets a penalty for this. Shame they investigate it so late, would have been cool to see Carlos on the podium. 

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Tommy said:

The Ferrari incident, well... I can see why people put the main blame on Vettel, but Leclerc wasn't 100% innocent too. Made it provoke-ish tight for Vettel. Heidfeld said the same on Sky. Anyway, what a fucking disaster. And the Ferrari is made out of cardboard apparently. 

Vettel is definitely responsible for the crash as he moved needlessly in Leclerc's direction but both have been stupid fighting each other as much as I'm concerned. Also Leclerc thoroughly deserved it for making an even worse swipe on Norris on the opening lap.

That said, it's more or less a freak accident as the contact was so minimal they barely touched yet the damage and the consequences were unexpectedly huge.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived