talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Medical & Health issues

football forum

• Subscriber

Couldn't find a separate thread for this so how is everybody's health at this current time?

Just got back with the wife from the local doc's and had our yearly flu jabs, so while I was there I got the nurse to weigh me, the last time I weighed myself last year some time I had shot up from 11 stone to 14 stone, I took this down to me stopping smoking and I was eating a lot instead-but when I left the hospital after the collapsed lung operation I was advised by the hospital and my doc to keep my weight down to 11 stone and maybe a few pounds.

Well now I am a happy chappie as I have lost a stone odds in weight and weigh now around 11 stone 5 and that's taking around 3 pounds off adding the weight of my clothes and shoes, I am now a Skinny Minnie.  :D

giphy.gif

Physical fitness has gone to shit since I stopped going to the gym (not my choice, there's none where I now live!) but I'm not too bad overall, thankfully I have no underlying conditions or general health problems.

Mental health is shocking. Should probably do something about it.

Edited by tlr

• Subscriber

It's alright. My right knee and ankle (old injuries) give me trouble from time to time especially when it's cold or rainy outside and I also caught my first cold in years - but other than that all is more or less fine...

1 minute ago, nudge said:

What's that?

Eczema I think he meant.

I used to have Asthma as a kid, but for some reason it just disappeared with age. I don't think I've used an inhaler since early secondary school or ever felt like I needed to.

My asthma was never on a bad level though, the asthma attacks weren't frequent and were also quite minor if I remember correctly looking back.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

This is just simply signs of getting old :P

Haha. Nah it's more of a sign that it wasn't treated right some 20 years ago... 

Now hangovers getting worse is certainly a sign of getting old... :D 

Just now, nudge said:

Haha. Nah it's more of a sign that it wasn't treated right some 20 years ago... 

Now hangovers getting worse is certainly a sign of getting old... :D 

This is why I don't get wrecked much these days as the hangovers almost outweigh the good times, it's just too much.

This is why cannabis is the best 'drug' as you wake up the next morning feeling fine.

13 minutes ago, nudge said:

What's that?

Exthma. Spelt it wrong. Also have issues with my ears and sinuses. They get blocked up. I use and otovent. You put a balloon over a nozel and blow though your nose. That's the best thing they have for it. :dam:We put a man in the moon xD

Edited by Guest

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Carnivore Chris said:

This is why I don't get wrecked much these days as the hangovers almost outweigh the good times, it's just too much.

This is why cannabis is the best 'drug' as you wake up the next morning feeling fine.

I barely ever get wrecked these days as well but every once in a while there's still some unexpected spontaneous night out that makes you regret it the following day xD 

I have no interest in cannabis or any other drugs. A beer or two in the evening after work is just perfect for me...

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
43 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I have asthma and exthma. Physical health is generally not to bad but mental health is poor 

I have that and COPD, diagnosed with them two around 14 years ago and 3 years ago I ended up in the hospital with a virus that was affecting my asthma breathing wise and they found out I had a condition called heart failure which was a weak heart muscle, apparently, you can be born with it, some people just don't worry about it but I am on tablets now for life, our kitchen cabinet with me and the wife's tablets look like a walk in chemist shop!! xD

1 minute ago, CaaC (John) said:

I have that and COPD, diagnosed with them two around 14 years ago and 3 years ago I ended up in the hospital with a virus that was affecting my asthma breathing wise and they found out I had a condition called heart failure which was a weak heart muscle, apparently, you can be born with it, some people just don't worry about it but I am on tablets now for life, our kitchen cabinet with me and the wife's tablets look like a walk in chemist shop!! xD

My asthma isn't that bad. I need to take a brown inhaler  twice a day and a blue one before exercise. Does kill the mood a bit when you have to take it before sex xD

Just now, nudge said:

I barely ever get wrecked these days as well but every once in a while there's still some unexpected spontaneous night out that makes you regret it the following day xD 

I have no interest in cannabis or any other drugs. A beer or two in the evening after work is just perfect for me...

It's the same with me, it always happens unexpectedly these days and is never planned. But you can't beat those type of nights to be honest. I also feel your pain with the regrets the next day xD

Alcohol is more(or atleast as much) of a drug than cannabis if you ask me. But there is nothing wrong with either, we all need something after work! If not, we will go insane. Both are great stress relievers. If I didn't smoke bud after work, then I'd drink more myself. Saying that, there is still always a time and a place for a few beers.

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

My asthma isn't that bad. I need to take a brown inhaler  twice a day and a blue one before exercise. Does kill the mood a bit when you have to take it before sex xD

I have the blue salbutamol one and only use that really if I need it, I do use it a lot in the summertime when neighbours decide to cut there lawns and hedges and I also sneeze like fuck and in this flat winter times when the wife is cold and decides to put the heating on full blast, I can't stand hot stuffy rooms and have to have a window open.

Not sure about the before sex bit as me and the wife at our ages take all our times just crawling in the bed and then crashing out with exhaustion let alone me trying to get my leg over. 

Edited by CaaC (John)
  • Haha 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

It's the same with me, it always happens unexpectedly these days and is never planned. But you can't beat those type of nights to be honest. I also feel your pain with the regrets the next day xD

Alcohol is more(or atleast as much) of a drug than cannabis if you ask me. But there is nothing wrong with either, we all need something after work! If not, we will go insane. Both are great stress relievers. If I didn't smoke bud after work, then I'd drink more myself. Saying that, there is still always a time and a place for a few beers.

Nor do I have anything against weed; it just isn't for me... I can't understand why it's not legal everywhere though to be honest. One of the most harmless "drugs" there is and has an extensive medicinal use as well. My mum has an autoimmune disorder and a disability because of it; smoking hashish every once in a while helps a lot with her condition.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, nudge said:

Nor do I have anything against weed; it just isn't for me... I can't understand why it's not legal everywhere though to be honest. One of the most harmless "drugs" there is and has an extensive medicinal use as well. My mum has an autoimmune disorder and a disability because of it; smoking hashish every once in a while helps a lot with her condition.

I think maybe the issue with cannabis is that if they lagalize it more people may use it. I suppose it may be one of those things that since it's illegal it may be better to keep it illegal. It is actually quite harmful. Not much more than normal smoking but normal smoking is very harmful  

Edited by Guest

46 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah, It seems to help a lot of people and I've began to appreciate the plant for what it is over the years, as opposed to just seeing it as something to get high on.

It has a lot of uses and helps many people. Canada have the right idea. It would also benefit countries financially and even open up tons of new jobs.

32 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Yeah, It seems to help a lot of people and I've began to appreciate the plant for what it is over the years, as opposed to just seeing it as something to get high on.

It has a lot of uses and helps many people. Canada have the right idea. It would also benefit countries financially and even open up tons of new jobs.

Can it be made into a liquid? I 100 percent support it for arthritis and that. Like I said my concern would be if it was completely legalised more people would smoke it. We have to be realistic it is still very bad for your lungs. I know a lot of people will smoke it anyway but I think more will smoke it if it is legalised. I think legalising it could be a bad thing overall. 

Edited by Guest

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I think maybe the issue with cannabis is that if they lagalize it more people may use it. I suppose it may be one of those things that since it's illegal it may be better to keep it illegal. It is actually quite harmful. Not much more than normal smoking but normal smoking is very harmful  

A lot of things in life are harmful when abused; moderation is the key with everything. People have used and will continue using various recreational drugs for as long as they exist; nothing's going to change that - whether it's legal or not.  I'd say it makes much more sense to legalise a relatively harmless low-risk drug that also has medical uses and regulate it instead of leaving it to sketchy drug dealers in unregulated black market which makes it by far more accessible to kids and by far increases the potential exposure to hard drugs with questionable quality. 

I'm also of opinion that grown ups should be free to decide what they can and cannot put into their bodies as long as they do not pose danger to society and I'm not a fan of banning things. But that's a different argument altogether.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, nudge said:

A lot of things in life are harmful when abused; moderation is the key with everything. People have used and will continue using various recreational drugs for as long as they exist; nothing's going to change that - whether it's legal or not.  I'd say it makes much more sense to legalise a relatively harmless low-risk drug that also has medical uses and regulate it instead of leaving it to sketchy drug dealers in unregulated black market which makes it by far more accessible to kids and by far increases the potential exposure to hard drugs with questionable quality. 

I'm also of opinion that grown ups should be free to decide what they can and cannot put into their bodies as long as they do not pose danger to society and I'm not a fan of banning things. But that's a different argument altogether.

Yeah what I'm saying though is already illegal so maybe keeping illegal is the best thing. I get what you mean about people making their own decisions. But it is addictive and not everyone can use it in moderation. I just think overall it will probably be and thing if it is lagalised outright. I think medical cannabis is a different matter though. 

6 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

It's not though. I'm not saying it's completely safe for your lungs as years and years of anything that is being combusted and entering your lungs isn't going to be good for you, but cannabis doesn't have as many of the chemicals that tobacco has in it. The problem with the European scene, is many smoke spliffs with tobacco added, which defeats the purposes in this case, but if you are to smoke it "American style", where it is 100% cannabis, I would say that it wasn't as bad for your lungs as smoking tobacco at all. But either way, I could grow literally any plant in the world tomorrow, dry it out, smoke it and it'd be bad for my lungs. It's a plant like any other and growing it is no different to growing tomatoes.

I also don't believe that legalising it would mean people start smoking it as the culture is very open anyway, even if illegal and when you look at places in Europe where the culture is very open, such as Amsterdam, many Dutch people don't even actually smoke it and the main consumers are actually the English, Spanish and French.

Everyone in England smokes it anyway, a law doesn't change that since it is so easily obtainable on the black market. Difference is, legalised and regulated cannabis would be safer as people would know the exact percentage of THC and they would also be assured that it isn't sprayed with any chemicals or bullshit that you can potentially find with black market weed. Before Alcohol was legal, there was a substance called moonshine and it used to make people blind, but now that it's legal, it's more regulated and people know the percentage of alcohol they are having.

14 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

It's not though. I'm not saying it's completely safe for your lungs as years and years of anything that is being combusted and entering your lungs isn't going to be good for you, but cannabis doesn't have as many of the chemicals that tobacco has in it. The problem with the European scene, is many smoke spliffs with tobacco added, which defeats the purposes in this case, but if you are to smoke it "American style", where it is 100% cannabis, I would say that it wasn't as bad for your lungs as smoking tobacco at all. But either way, I could grow literally any plant in the world tomorrow, dry it out, smoke it and it'd be bad for my lungs. It's a plant like any other and growing it is no different to growing tomatoes.

I also don't believe that legalising it would mean people start smoking it as the culture is very open anyway, even if illegal and when you look at places in Europe where the culture is very open, such as Amsterdam, many Dutch people don't even actually smoke it and the main consumers are actually the English, Spanish and French.

Everyone in England smokes it anyway, a law doesn't change that since it is so easily obtainable on the black market. Difference is, legalised and regulated cannabis would be safer as people would know the exact percentage of THC and they would also be assured that it isn't sprayed with any chemicals or bullshit that you can potentially find with black market weed. Before Alcohol was legal, there was a substance called moonshine and it used to make people blind, but now that it's legal, it's more regulated and people know the percentage of alcohol they are having.

It is bad for your lungs mate. Although not as bad as cigarettes. It's also bad for your brain and has been heavily linked to schitzophrenea. I actually think more people may smoke it if it was lagalised. That would my concern. It would be easier to controll and would mean it can be monitored and so would be safer. I'm just not convinced overall it would be a good thing. I don't have anything against people who smoke it though. 

Edited by Guest