talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Medical & Health issues

football forum

35 minutes ago, MUFC said:

What a bunch of immoral corrupt bastards. 

I find bureaucracy inhumane in general. Pointless maze of procedures is so normal to them they don't feel any human empathy and if they're corrupt they can be like silent serial killers. 

Must be a very tough situation. Thinking about future of yourself and family if showed resistance or getting framed, caught even if complying a little with their demands. 

P. S I thought this was the mental health thread

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Had an endoscopy, 24 hour ECG, and several other tests in 2021. Seem to be gradually on the mend now. Did 5 mile this morning without feeling like i was having a heart attack. Still waiting for another  consultation but i assume it's something GERD related and maybe an irregular heartbeat.

• Administrator
Just now, MUFC said:

In life, what's the worst illness/injury would you say you've had? 

Kidney stones

Torn ACLs. 

Torn achilles. 

Tonsillectomy.

Shingles.

Glandular fever.

Endoscopy without sedation. 

Take your pick! They were all really painful in their own way. Either the injury or the treatment e.g. the tonsillectomy itself was worse than the tonsillitis I had. 

• Wow 1

7 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Getting hit by a car while cycling.

To be honest I don't remember that day so I've no idea how sore it was but I can remember having to roll off my bed the next morning because every single muscle in my body was completely fucked.

It completely changed who I am as a person.

The best part of it was opening me up to more things in life, as I was a picky eater before the accident and now I eat almost everything.

• Sad 1

• Subscriber

I've been lucky in a way. Only had keyhole surgery one my ankle which isn't anything major. 50 minute procedure and you leave after recovery. Am now 42 but have stepped up my training hardcore over the last 5 years. Eat healthy for 90& of the years and eat more plant based food now and try limiting meat to twice per week. I don't want to be a typical Asian who usually has every illness in the book.

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, Stan said:

Kidney stones

Torn ACLs. 

Torn achilles. 

Tonsillectomy.

Shingles.

Glandular fever.

Endoscopy without sedation. 

Take your pick! They were all really painful in their own way. Either the injury or the treatment e.g. the tonsillectomy itself was worse than the tonsillitis I had. 

1 minute ago, MUFC said:

I've been lucky in a way. Only had keyhole surgery one my ankle which isn't anything major. 50 minute procedure and you leave after recovery. Am now 42 but have stepped up my training hardcore over the last 5 years. Eat healthy for 90& of the years and eat more plant based food now and try limiting meat to twice per week. I don't want to be a typical Asian who usually has every illness in the book.

Cheers mate!

• Administrator
Just now, MUFC said:

Yours are injuries yaarr. You know what I mean about our people. Diabetis, high blood pressure etc.

Yeah I know, just messing.

I do worry occasionally about those standard illness you mention in people of our ethnicity. Higher risk of heart issues, diabetes, high cholesterol, high BP etc. 

• Thanks 1

• Subscriber
37 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Been very lucky in that aspect so far *knocks on wood* Had a lot of scrapes, cuts, twists, bruises, etc., some of them were pretty painful and whatnot, but in the end, none were really serious. 

My worst injury was torn ankle ligaments/partial ankle fracture while playing basketball. 

Other than that, had a very bad food poisoning once.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MUFC said:

Leg break playing football when I was 21, crossfield ball came over my shoulder took it under control and tried to clip it inside this big centre back in one movement.

Didn't bank on him diving straight into a tackle. It happened so fast but I remember feeling like my body had gone one way and my lower leg bend and then a sound like a branch snapping.

In a panic I tried to lift myself up quickly but about three lads dived on me and held me down on the ground. I knew it was bad due to the pain but I was really worried because they were deliberately blocking the view of my leg. It was only when the paramedics arrived that it dawned on me how bad it was I'd shattered both the tibia and fibia just below the knee and my leg from what I was told was just flopping around as I tried in shock to get up.

The next few weeks were absolutely hell, I had an operation a few days later and the pain I went through I will never ever forget. I remember crying in my bed for more pain relief but it being rejected as I'd has my morphine and pain killers, anyone who's been in that position they wear off and the morphine is on a timer so you can't have more in day than your allowed.

I had two plates fitted either side off my tibia and fibia, the location of the break had caused damage to my ACL so I'd had work on that and had to have a bone graph of my hip as well for something or another.

I've not got a 7 inch scar running from my knee down my shin and obviously a scar where they took some bone off my hip.

Bad times.

Edited by Devil
  • Wow 2
  • Sad 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
3 hours ago, Toinho said:

Done my ACL. Sooo probably surgery at some point :( 

Ouch, knees can be a pain when injured, best of luck buddy but I think you are a young lad and will bounce back, I reckon my cartilages are gone but at my age I will just grin and bear it, if I can get by with my sciatica a cartilage will be nothing...gulp. 

• Upvote 1

On 28/07/2021 at 21:38, Devil said:

Leg break playing football when I was 21, crossfield ball came over my shoulder took it under control and tried to clip it inside this big centre back in one movement.

Didn't bank on him diving straight into a tackle. It happened so fast but I remember feeling like my body had gone one way and my lower leg bend and then a sound like a branch snapping.

In a panic I tried to lift myself up quickly but about three lads dived on me and held me down on the ground. I knew it was bad due to the pain but I was really worried because they were deliberately blocking the view of my leg. It was only when the paramedics arrived that it dawned on me how bad it was I'd shattered both the tibia and fibia just below the knee and my leg from what I was told was just flopping around as I tried in shock to get up.

The next few weeks were absolutely hell, I had an operation a few days later and the pain I went through I will never ever forget. I remember crying in my bed for more pain relief but it being rejected as I'd has my morphine and pain killers, anyone who's been in that position they wear off and the morphine is on a timer so you can't have more in day than your allowed.

I had two plates fitted either side off my tibia and fibia, the location of the break had caused damage to my ACL so I'd had work on that and had to have a bone graph of my hip as well for something or another.

I've not got a 7 inch scar running from my knee down my shin and obviously a scar where they took some bone off my hip.

Bad times.

Sounds gruesome.

After the surgery was over were you able to play again?

On 28/08/2021 at 06:18, Khan of TF365 said:

Jaw is locked from one side when I wake up for a few days now. It clicks open after a while. I can open my mouth wide but it hurts a little.

Imagine if you were giving a blow job and it locked 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Alamy_2D5FHF2-crop-e5c9172.webp

CRISPR: A guide to the health revolution that will define the 21st century

Scientists will soon have the tools to rewrite the book of life, and in doing so, edit out sections that cause disease, piece by piece. But is the technology safe and will all of us get the benefits, or will it be the preserve of those who can afford it?

Scientists are a cautious bunch, fond of a caveat even when describing their own research. “Our favourite expressions are ‘Yes, but…’ and ‘On the other hand…’ and ‘It remains unclear…’” says gene editor Dr Fyodor Urnov. “So please add all of that to what I’m about to say.

“If CRISPR realises 10 per cent of what we practitioners of gene editing dream it to be able to do, it will rival the greatest advances in the history of biomedicine as a technology to impact public health.”

Urnov is talking via a crackly Zoom link from his office at the Innovative Genomics Institute (IGI) in Berkeley, California, which is at the forefront of what may prove to be the defining scientific breakthrough of the 21st Century.

FULL REPORT

I've struggled with my mental health recently. Really struggled. Luckily I saved money so I'm ok financially because I haven't been able to work and have been having alot of panic attacks. Literally just been sleeping some days. Got a trial at a place tomorrow so hopefully that goes well.

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I've struggled with my mental health recently. Really struggled. Luckily I saved money so I'm ok financially because I haven't been able to work and have been having alot of panic attacks. Literally just been sleeping some days. Got a trial at a place tomorrow so hopefully, that goes well.

Wish you, luck buddy, I have ever only had one panic attack and that was years ago and through that, I discovered I had COPD & asthma and now I am on the appropriate pumps. 

• Subscriber

That's me had my second blood sample and check up by the nurse, weird set up though when visiting for an appointment, I was allowed in because of my condition where I needed a seat and not stand around outside and only let in when your appointment was due and then it was straight into the docs or nurse, I sat in an empty waiting room where once upon a time the surgery waiting area would be full and even magazines to read, not now, and when your appointment was over it was being led out to a fire exit.

thumbnail_20210917_092922.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

Had a blocked ear for about 5 days now.

Frustrated as I've tried to unblock it by putting 1-2 drops of oil in it each night. Has worked before but doesn't seem to have worked this time.

Any other suggestions? If it hasn't unblocked by Monday I'll be going to GP to get it syringed. 

14 minutes ago, Stan said:

Had a blocked ear for about 5 days now.

Frustrated as I've tried to unblock it by putting 1-2 drops of oil in it each night. Has worked before but doesn't seem to have worked this time.

Any other suggestions? If it hasn't unblocked by Monday I'll be going to GP to get it syringed. 

It is more likely an ear infection if it has come on suddenly. It takes a lot of wax to actually affect your hearing.  I've had ear infections since 2005 due to an ongoing  condition. I would go to the doctors personally 

• Administrator
35 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

It is more likely an ear infection if it has come on suddenly. It takes a lot of wax to actually affect your hearing.  I've had ear infections since 2005 due to an ongoing  condition. I would go to the doctors personally 

Yep that was my other thought too - I've recently had a cold as well so maybe it's an affect of that too.