talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Medical & Health issues

football forum

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Does anyone else ever get issues with memory? I find I forget what I'm doing literally after just doing it regularly. Everyone does it occasionally but it seems to happen alot more often now. I know it can be a symptom of severe stress 

How old are you buddy?

Now I am 74 years old I can forget a few things but then all I do is relax and clear my mind and I feel a lot better, old age can be a sign of memory loss...

Alternative Names

Forgetfulness; Amnesia; Impaired memory; Loss of memory; Amnestic syndrome; Dementia - memory loss; Mild cognitive impairment - memory loss

Causes

Normal ageing can cause some forgetfulness. It is normal to have some trouble learning new material or needing more time to remember it. But normal ageing does not lead to dramatic memory loss. Such memory loss is due to other diseases.

Memory loss can be caused by many things. To determine a cause, your health care provider will ask if the problem came on suddenly or slowly.

Many areas of the brain help you create and retrieve memories. A problem in any of these areas can lead to memory loss.

Memory loss may result from a new injury to the brain, which is caused by or is present after:

https://www.pennmedicine.org/for-patients-and-visitors/patient-information/conditions-treated-a-to-z/memory-loss#:~:text=Definition,and then resolve (transient).

• 1 month later...

2023!

Go fuck yourself. My year in a nutshell summed up by even more devastating news today. My uncle, my dad's brother and one the best and most funny men I've ever met has been diagnosed with cancer of the stomach. He's having an operation to remove it on the 2nd January and they will know how badly its spread.

Feel like I've aged about 10 years this year. I've been totally and mentally depressed. 

• Angry 1
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, Devil said:

2023!

Go fuck yourself. My year in a nutshell summed up by even more devastating news today. My uncle, my dad's brother and one the best and most funny men I've ever met has been diagnosed with cancer of the stomach. He's having an operation to remove it on the 2nd January and they will know how badly its spread.

Feel like I've aged about 10 years this year. I've been totally and mentally depressed. 

Sorry to hear that. Hope there's some good news on 2nd January and next year is better

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/12/2023 at 12:46, Devil said:

2023!

Just saw this, but fucking hell that is awful & I'm also sorry to hear that.

Hopefully 2024 is a better year.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Had some breathing problems Monday so our daughter dragged me to the hospital, the overnight stay did me no harm and I found out I had a virus, 2 more boxes of tablets to take to go with the other 8 boxes, what a life.  :coffee:

download.thumb.png.10ed8ec3b7e2675edaf3d483e2ddc59e.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

Had some breathing problems Monday so our daughter dragged me to the hospital, the overnight stay did me no harm and I found out I had a virus, 2 more boxes of tablets to take to go with the other 8 boxes, what a life.  :coffee:

download.thumb.png.10ed8ec3b7e2675edaf3d483e2ddc59e.png

Hope you're feeling better now, John.

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber

Feeling not to bad girls & guys just relaxing here at home now but no drink for a while, I feel like a walking bloody chemist shop when I look into our medicine cabinet, boxes of tablets everywhere but I shall soldier on, our son has nicknamed me 'Hannibal Dad of the Lambs' with this photo xD

download.png.d8868349a6baa413a6ba2e6da000ea44.png

• Wow 1

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Pyfish said:

Hope you're feeling better John!

Getting there buddy with the wife & daughter hovering over me like 2 special branch minders making sure I don't to the wrong thing like having booze. O.o

Celebrity gif. Will Ferrell bounces in a vibrating chair as he tries to sip from a wine glass that spills down his front.

4 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Getting there buddy with the wife & daughter hovering over me like 2 special branch minders making sure I don't to the wrong thing like having booze. O.o

Celebrity gif. Will Ferrell bounces in a vibrating chair as he tries to sip from a wine glass that spills down his front.

Surely lifestyle changes have to be on the cards buddy?