Arsenal 1-0 Leicester

Head to Head
Leicester - 30 wins
Draws - 45
Arsenal - 66 wins

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went for 4.2 to Leicester. I think they will win easily. I don't think Emery will be sacked though as we will have to pay him. Then only way he will be sacked will be if kronke feels he can get a manager who can get us back in the champions league this season. If not he will wait until the end of the season. To be honest we probably won't get back in the champions league through the League so we are relying on the Europa League in which Emery's record is a good as anyone's in history I think. I'm not aware of a manager who have won it or the old uefa cup more than 3 times.

• Administrator
35 minutes ago, Rick said:

As long as Leicester don’t shit out just cause it’s a ‘big club’ they will batter these lot. 

I hope we don't. I'm less nervous for this game than I was against Palace. Maybe that's a dangerous thing xD

Beaten these last 2 times at home and we realistically could have beaten them by higher scorelines.

We've got the capability to trounce them again. Just need to not get ahead of ourselves, stick to our game and get the job done.

• Subscriber
45 minutes ago, Rick said:

As long as Leicester don’t shit out just cause it’s a ‘big club’ they will batter these lot. 

Beat them 3-0 last year and also beat Tottenham at home. I'm very confident for this to be honest. I think we'll win comfortably.

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Stan said:

I hope we don't. I'm less nervous for this game than I was against Palace. Maybe that's a dangerous thing xD

Beaten these last 2 times at home and we realistically could have beaten them by higher scorelines.

We've got the capability to trounce them again. Just need to not get ahead of ourselves, stick to our game and get the job done.

My confidence is based on the fact we've just kept doing it since the Southampton 9-0. We're negating everything that comes our way with relative comfort. I don't think it's going to stop against an Arsenal in disarray. They've got players who can hurt us, no doubt about that, but they're a very poor team at the minute. Playing poorly frequently. I just don't think it's going to click for them in this game.

I know I could look silly but this is a perfect chance for us. Win this and we look excellent for a top 4 place.

Massive game for this club yet one I've complete faith we'll see through.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Dan said:

My confidence is based on the fact we've just kept doing it since the Southampton 9-0. We're negating everything that comes our way with relative comfort. I don't think it's going to stop against an Arsenal in disarray. They've got players who can hurt us, no doubt about that, but they're a very poor team at the minute. Playing poorly frequently. I just don't think it's going to click for them in this game.

I know I could look silly but this is a perfect chance for us. Win this and we look excellent for a top 4 place.

Massive game for this club yet one I've complete faith we'll see through.

I think we'll win but their threats are still credible ones - especially Aubameyang and, although unlikely he'll play, Ozil. 

Their defence can be so frail though I think it's imperative we take the initiative and get on the front foot against them right from the start.

27 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think we'll win but their threats are still credible ones - especially Aubameyang and, although unlikely he'll play, Ozil. 

Their defence can be so frail though I think it's imperative we take the initiative and get on the front foot against them right from the start.

Rodgers will go for the throat, dont worry about that.

That's what I liked about him at Liverpool. He really has no mercy, even at the expense of conceding a few.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

That's what I liked about him at Liverpool. He really has no mercy, even at the expense of conceding a few.

Yep. It's one of the reasons I loved the Southampton victory. Most sides tail off around 3/4/5-0. We kept going. Filtered down to the players as well given what Evans did at 6-0.

7 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Very much his undoing at Liverpool at times though, especially 13/14. Maybe he will have learnt from those experiences though

3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Very much his undoing at Liverpool at times though, especially 13/14. Maybe he will have learnt from those experiences though

Yeah maybe. I liked how he absolutely went for it though, got loads of respect for him for that. Even if it was a little naive at the time. He was a young manager trying to win us a title that weve not won in donkeys. As you say, hes probably learnt a lot since then.

• Subscriber

We've only conceded over 1 goal in a game three times under Rodgers. That's in something like 23 games. Our defence has been good under him right from the off.

I think he's generally been a bit more conservative here than he was at Liverpool, but I think he's just been laying the foundations and now you're really starting to see us click. A month or so ago I thought we'd done well but not brilliantly and yet we were still 3rd. Since that though I think we've taken it up a notch and we look strong in basically every area.

I do think he's matured as a manager since Liverpool. Made the point before but he seems to have dropped the Brentisms.

• Subscriber

Arsenal are still dangerous. If Leicester rock up expecting to win and underestimate Arsenal's threat then we could see an "upset" (imagine saying that a few months ago).

Hard to see it though, think Leicester will win.

15 hours ago, Dan said:

We've only conceded over 1 goal in a game three times under Rodgers. That's in something like 23 games. Our defence has been good under him right from the off.

I think he's generally been a bit more conservative here than he was at Liverpool, but I think he's just been laying the foundations and now you're really starting to see us click. A month or so ago I thought we'd done well but not brilliantly and yet we were still 3rd. Since that though I think we've taken it up a notch and we look strong in basically every area.

I do think he's matured as a manager since Liverpool. Made the point before but he seems to have dropped the Brentisms.

He’s certainly more conservative with you - you could tell from our match against you.

I don’t think sitting deep and shithousing is the way to go against Arsenal though

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He’s certainly more conservative with you - you could tell from our match against you.

I don’t think sitting deep and shithousing is the way to go against Arsenal though

He won't do it. I can understand playing conservatively at Liverpool* but he went toe to toe with Spurs and we won, I expect the same tomorrow.

* There's an argument for this being wrong as well, Leicester play quite a measured game, we're not completely gung ho, we're controlled and by and large, very potent. Playing overly defensively in some of our early games has actually cost us even more points in my opinion. What I mean is we don't need to go full shithouse, we can be better than that. Although the nature of the loss at Anfield was sickening and the rhetoric is we deserved something - we didn't, and the Old Trafford showing was appalling.

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

He won't do it. I can understand playing conservatively at Liverpool* but he went toe to toe with Spurs and we won, I expect the same tomorrow.

* There's an argument for this being wrong as well, Leicester play quite a measured game, we're not completely gung ho, we're controlled and by and large, very potent. Playing overly defensively in some of our early games has actually cost us even more points in my opinion. What I mean is we don't need to go full shithouse, we can be better than that. Although the nature of the loss at Anfield was sickening and the rhetoric is we deserved something - we didn't, and the Old Trafford showing was appalling.

I mean there's an argument to be made about playing conservatively against us - especially a massively conservative setup maximum shithousery - is it works in frustrating us. The counterpoint is... if you put yourself under pressure for 90 minutes even after grabbing a goal, you're going to be putting your defense under a lot of pressure and chances are we'll get a goal or two.

I think there's another argument for getting at us more - particularly with a side like yours where you're actually really good going forward and the few times you did go forward you either scored or made our defense look shaky. Because we're like how I used to think of Man City - we're not used to sides getting at them so they feel uncomfortable and they suddenly make mistakes. But the counterpoint to that is... in order to be able to go at sides like us or Man City, you've got to be a pretty good side and playing well.

It's probably safer to be more conservative. But I certainly think it's less fun for everybody.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I mean there's an argument to be made about playing conservatively against us - especially a massively conservative setup maximum shithousery - is it works in frustrating us. The counterpoint is... if you put yourself under pressure for 90 minutes even after grabbing a goal, you're going to be putting your defense under a lot of pressure and chances are we'll get a goal or two.

I think there's another argument for getting at us more - particularly with a side like yours where you're actually really good going forward and the few times you did go forward you either scored or made our defense look shaky. Because we're like how I used to think of Man City - we're not used to sides getting at them so they feel uncomfortable and they suddenly make mistakes. But the counterpoint to that is... in order to be able to go at sides like us or Man City, you've got to be a pretty good side and playing well.

It's probably safer to be more conservative. But I certainly think it's less fun for everybody.

It works in frustrating you, but it also works in nullifying our own threat. What I mean is we can genuinely play a game of both attacking and defending well and for some reason we decided to try and clog up the midfield when your main threat comes from out. Why he kept playing Maddison out wide is a mystery to me - we were excellent towards the end of last season with the Ndidi Tielemans Maddison trio so it baffled me he tried to change it.

You're dead right about getting at the defence - I think it of England as well a lot of the time, if you get at England's defence you can hurt them and yet time and time again, nobody dares do it.

Also with Arsenal, I don't think you'll have a problem if you just stick to your normal gameplan. It's an away match for Emery against you - a side that's in form. He will set up pretty defensively, despite Arsenal's strength clearly being going forward despite a dodgy backline, and you'll have most of the possession and create most of the chances.

When you're the side creating the bulk of the chances against this Arsenal, you'll get goals.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Also with Arsenal, I don't think you'll have a problem if you just stick to your normal gameplan. It's an away match for Emery against you - a side that's in form. He will set up pretty defensively, despite Arsenal's strength clearly being going forward despite a dodgy backline, and you'll have most of the possession and create most of the chances.

When you're the side creating the bulk of the chances against this Arsenal, you'll get goals.

Arsenal have chances created against them by everybody. Saw a stat about them that they've been outshot by every team they've faced away from home bar Sheffield United (a game that they never came close to scoring in too). Emery looks more and more like the obvious weak link in their set up - they've got genuine firepower yet don't create much, and their defence is still prone to errors.

If we play our now 'usual' XI I think we'll win it comfortably.

My slight fear is that when things are so obviously going wrong, and things look so set up for us to win it the way things are going, then why would Emery keep doing what he's doing? I just wonder if he'll throw a bit of a curveball and it'll catch us out.

Really excited for it though.

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

We went about 20 years unbeaten against Leicester now they are massive favourites against us

xD used to be our most dreaded fixture. Wenger didn't lose a game against us until his very last one - which turned out to be his last ever loss at Arsenal.

We still absolutely capitulate away at Arsenal every year mind you. The frequency we chuck it away is amazing.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, ...Dan said:

I've put £25 on Leicester over 2.5 goals. Will soften the blow when we get torn apart.

I've got £25 on over 3.5 and £10 on over 4.5. They're extremely optimistic and I may regret posting them but I think the possibility of you capitulating makes it worth a go at 8/1 and 19/1 respectively.

Last I'll say on it anyway because I am setting myself up to look a complete bellend here when we lose 1-3.

• The title was changed to Leicester 2-0 Arsenal - Saturday 9th November, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived