• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester 2-0 Arsenal - Saturday 9th November, 2019

football forum

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Never thought I'd see such a defensive Arsenal side. Both had our chances and we arguably should be ahead. 

Need to capitalise on their defensive mistakes. They hate having the ball around their own box but still persist with it. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Never thought I'd see such a defensive Arsenal side. Both had our chances and we arguably should be ahead. 

Need to capitalise on their defensive mistakes. They hate having the ball around their own box but still persist with it. 

You'll should have had a penalty and it looked so clear.

10 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Reckon Emery’s gone after this 

Think they will wait till the end of the season so they don't have to pay him compensation

• Subscriber

Arsenal have to take a very hard look at themselves and ask what in the world is wrong with them as a club now. Leicester ran them ragged and even though there were chances on both sides when it fell to Leicester they capitalized the best. Emery may not go right away but as a club you have to ask yourself how much more of this you're willing to take and fall down the ladder versus trying to fix it now. 

5 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

xD

giphy.gif

I think he would come to us. He left Celtic half way through the season and he supports them. There is no loyalty in football.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I think he would come to us. He left Celtic half way through the season and he supports them. There is no loyalty in football.

He did not do a runner from the Hoops buddy because he wasn't doing too well, he just needed a new challenge in the EPL and he was more than likely approached by others in being interested in the Leicester job and he went for it, believe it or not, there were a lot of Hoops supporters up here in Jock land who were not happy with him because he was not successful in the European campaigns.  

Celtic

Scottish Premiership: 2016–17, 2017–18

Scottish Cup: 2016–17, 2017–18

Scottish League Cup: 2016–17, 2017–18, 2018–19

16 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

He did not do a runner from the Hoops buddy because he wasn't doing too well, he just needed a new challenge in the EPL and he was more than likely approached by others in being interested in the Leicester job and he went for it, believe it or not, there were a lot of Hoops supporters up here in Jock land who were not happy with him because he was not successful in the European campaigns.  

Celtic

Scottish Premiership: 2016–17, 2017–18

Scottish Cup: 2016–17, 2017–18

Scottish League Cup: 2016–17, 2017–18, 2018–19

There are always fans who aren't happy. Rodgers got them into the champions league 2 out of 3 times. Celtic wouldn't get a better manager than Rodgers.

I wasn't saying he left because he wasn't doing a good job. What I meant was he left half way through the season. I don't think Rodgers would turn us down if the conditions were right because of loyalty  to Leicester. That was what I meant. Although he might feel the conditions are better at Leicester at the moment.

I wouldn't mind rodgers but ten hag would probably be my first choice out of managers we could reasonably get. I have reservations because he hasn't managed in a top league but I would like to see what he can do.

• Administrator

Well we play some beautiful fucking football. 

That Vardy goal was special. 

Can't believe how bad Arsenal have become. 

Ndidi is quality. Kante-esque levels of performance. 

6 wins in a row in all competitions. 3 clean sheets in a row. 

Club is in such a great place at the moment and I fucking love it. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Well we play some beautiful fucking football. 

That Vardy goal was special. 

Can't believe how bad Arsenal have become. 

Ndidi is quality. Kante-esque levels of performance. 

6 wins in a row in all competitions. 3 clean sheets in a row. 

Club is in such a great place at the moment and I fucking love it. 

I think this side is better than the premier League winning side. They won't win it because Liverpool and city are to good but they have a good chance of finishing third. You have to be realistic though Stan. Fans have to demanding now. Not getting in the champions league would be a massive disappointment from where you are now.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I think this side is better than the premier League winning side. They won't win it because Liverpool and city are to good but they have a good chance of finishing third. You have to be realistic though Stan. Fans have to demanding now. Not getting in the champions league would be a massive disappointment from where you are now.

I'll still take it one game at a time but we've put ourselves in a seriously good position to keep kicking on as well. 

• Subscriber

Do Arsenal fans seriously reckon Rodgers is going there in the foreseeable future if they sack Emery? Ten Hag might be tempted but probably not until the end of the season. Mourinho isn't the answer for you, I honestly can't think who is because I don't know enough about the up and coming managers across Europe.

Emery has been a torrid appointment though. At least under Wenger they always looked like they had a goal in them. Nothing about them tonight which is shocking considering the money spent on some of those players.

You should be very worried about how many parallels I see between you lot and Everton, very, very worried.

• The title was changed to Leicester 2-0 Arsenal - Saturday 9th November, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived