talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester 2-0 Arsenal - Saturday 9th November, 2019

football forum

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Do Arsenal fans seriously reckon Rodgers is going there in the foreseeable future if they sack Emery? Ten Hag might be tempted but probably not until the end of the season. Mourinho isn't the answer for you, I honestly can't think who is because I don't know enough about the up and coming managers across Europe.

Emery has been a torrid appointment though. At least under Wenger they always looked like they had a goal in them. Nothing about them tonight which is shocking considering the money spent on some of those players.

You should be very worried about how many parallels I see between you lot and Everton, very, very worried.

I think Ten Hag just signed a new contract at Ajax, as well.

I just can't get my head around how defensive Arsenal were in the first half.

Not once would or could I imagine Arsenal ever sticking 11 men behind the ball and being camped in their own half for the whole first half. What have they become? What kind of club are they now? How far they have fallen is mad. 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Just heard as well we should have had a penalty for Soyuncu's shirt being pulled but VAR decided against it. Need to see it back before saying anything more but TalkSport seemed adamant after the game.

Guendouzi is a fucking moaner and a half as well. Frustrating player as he's more worried about making a point to the ref as opposed to positioning himself or getting the ball back etc. He got tackled by Ndidi and straight away looked at the ref xD. Did that all game. Ozil did nothing as well. Lost the ball. Sulked, shrugged his shoulders. Stood on the spot.

The work ethic and attitude of Arsenal in some individuals and as a collective is rotten. Just toxic all round. I know plenty of other fans, Arsenal fans included obviously, have seen it for months/years but seeing it up close and personal just brings it home. Emphasises where we are as a club as now - such a contrast.

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, Stan said:

Just heard as well we should have had a penalty for Soyuncu's shirt being pulled but VAR decided against it.

If it's the Guendouzi one then it was a foul but I think they didn't give it because Soyuncu wasn't going to get there anyway but is that even a rule? I don't know and probably nobody else does.

55 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Do Arsenal fans seriously reckon Rodgers is going there in the foreseeable future if they sack Emery? Ten Hag might be tempted but probably not until the end of the season. Mourinho isn't the answer for you, I honestly can't think who is because I don't know enough about the up and coming managers across Europe.

Emery has been a torrid appointment though. At least under Wenger they always looked like they had a goal in them. Nothing about them tonight which is shocking considering the money spent on some of those players.

You should be very worried about how many parallels I see between you lot and Everton, very, very worried.

Why would Ten Hag go to Arsenal, he is better off staying at Ajax.  Plus Ten Hag will go to a better team when he leaves. Arsenal are not a big club its said to say, that is why they could only get Emery.  

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

Or it means you are heading for another long term Wenger type situation... 

No I don't think so mate. Things were never this bad under Wenger. He kept us in the champions league for years which is all kronke cares about. As soon as he didnt he was gone. Kronke will sack him of he thinks he will loose money

25 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Why would Ten Hag go to Arsenal, he is better off staying at Ajax.  Plus Ten Hag will go to a better team when he leaves. Arsenal are not a big club its said to say, that is why they could only get Emery.  

Because arsenal are in the premier league. The richest league in the world. He has to sell his best players all the time at Ajax. He could build something much better at arsenal.

I cannot stand Gary Linekar. His brother is a right slimy, cocaine fuelled weirdo that shags women young enough to be his grandchild but Gary and his self righteous nonsense he preaches on Twitter is something else and tonight he’s taking the piss out of a bloke who’s Spanish and is speaking in not his native tongue pronouncing evening as “ebening”. The twat is quick enough to bang on about racism on Twitter but seemingly only when it suits. 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

I cannot stand Gary Linekar. His brother is a right slimy, cocaine fuelled weirdo that shags women young enough to be his grandchild but Gary and his self righteous nonsense he preaches on Twitter is something else and tonight he’s taking the piss out of a bloke who’s Spanish and is speaking in not his native tongue pronouncing evening as “ebening”. The twat is quick enough to bang on about racism on Twitter but seemingly only when it suits. 

So you hate Lineker but the first reason you bring up is because of his brother xD!?

Also, the 'ebening' thing is doing the rounds on social media (the bane of our lives, I know) so he's playing on that I guess. It's definitely not racist which is what it looks like you're insinuating xDxD 

20 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Because arsenal are in the premier league. The richest league in the world. He has to sell his best players all the time at Ajax. He could build something much better at arsenal.

Well Arsenal sold off their best players and will lose more players, its not a job that is popular anymore. 

Just now, Stan said:

So you hate Lineker but the first reason you bring up is because of his brother xD!?

Also, the 'ebening' thing is doing the rounds on social media (the bane of our lives, I know) so he's playing on that I guess. It's definitely not racist which is what it looks like you're insinuating xDxD 

Guilty by relation, I’m afraid. 

Except that’s exactly what it is, racism. Taking the piss out of someone based upon the way they’re speaking a foreign language is racist. Whether it’s doing the rounds or not, it doesn’t make it right or in any way better. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

You'd defend Gary Glitter if he was a Leicester fan.

Spot on about Lineker, on the wrong side of smug.

• Administrator
Just now, Smiley Culture said:

Guilty by relation, I’m afraid. 

What?

Just now, Smiley Culture said:

Except that’s exactly what it is, racism. Taking the piss out of someone based upon the way they’re speaking a foreign language is racist. Whether it’s doing the rounds or not, it doesn’t make it right or in any way better. 

Nah it doesn't make it better at all I'll agree with that. But it's all about context, right?

25 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Well Arsenal sold off their best players and will lose more players, its not a job that is popular anymore. 

Hold on mate. One minute you are blaiming Emery for everything saying we have spent a lot of money. So if we are a club that can spend a lot then it doesn't matter. Get rid of Emery get a better manager in and it will be fine if the manager has a bit of time.

Now you are saying we are a bad club and can't get a good manager and nothing will change. In which case we might as well keep Emery. So which is it?

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Panna King said:

Route to the Prem? 🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Hold on mate. One minute you are blaiming Emery for everything saying we have spent a lot of money. So if we are a club that can spend a lot then it doesn't matter. Get rid of Emery get a better manager in and it will be fine if the manager has a bit of time.

Now you are saying we are a bad club and can't get a good manager and nothing will change. In which case we might as well keep Emery. So which is it?

No i meant we will not get a coach like Ten Hag as he will be wanted by better clubs like Munich and Barca etc by what he has done at Ajax.  Arsenal need to get some young coach, to build the club up with youth playing a certain way, we are not getting top 4 and will lose players next season.

We are going no where with Emery, one game he plays 4 4 2 then 4 3 1 2 and now 5 3 2.  There is no style, no real idea what our identity is anymore, its frightening. 

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

If it's the Guendouzi one then it was a foul but I think they didn't give it because Soyuncu wasn't going to get there anyway but is that even a rule? I don't know and probably nobody else does.

Its  not a penalty if that is the case I think. If a player crosses the ball and the defender fouls the attacking player but it is very likely the he wouldn't have got to it isn't a penalty I don't think. I don't know for sure though. This is where I think the premier League should come out and explain things clearer. I think fans would be more excepting of VAR if they explained the rules clearer 

13 minutes ago, Panna King said:

No i meant we will not get a coach like Ten Hag as he will be wanted by better clubs like Munich and Barca etc by what he has done at Ajax.  Arsenal need to get some young coach, to build the club up with youth playing a certain way, we are not getting top 4 and will lose players next season.

We are going no where with Emery, one game he plays 4 4 2 then 4 3 1 2 and now 5 3 2.  There is no style, no real idea what our identity is anymore, its frightening. 

No mate. You clearly said he would be better of at Ajax. But the truth is he would be better of at arsenal. I agree if he can get a job at Munich or Barcelona that would even better but you clearly didn't say that originally.

• Subscriber

Never been so confident going into a game against Arsenal. Never been so assured throughout we'd find a way. It's not even like we're shithousing it against them now - we are legitimately a better side all over the ptch. More quality, more effort. I'm confident we're getting 4th at worst this season now. Just delighted at how this side's come together. I feel like we can take anybody at the minute.

• Subscriber

Emery is absolute rubbish by the way. Jenas' analysis was a good brief summary of how I saw that game earlier. Arsenal absolutely all over the place in most phases of play. We were pretty wasteful for a lot of that, kept bodging our final ball. The amount of times we caught them out was hilarious. Forcing them into aimless hoofball. Why in god's name was Aubameyang as far back and out wide as that? I can't see the benefit of keeping Emery on. You could easily come about 11th.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived