talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester 2-0 Arsenal - Saturday 9th November, 2019

football forum

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, Cicero said:

David Luiz was a DM and a CB at the same time 

Nobody had a clue what they were doing. Emery looks absolutely clueless. There's no tactical structure at all it's almost anarchy.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Need to give Gray some credit. He's genuinely impressing me in recent weeks. He's more selfless, actually impacts the game a bit more. He seems to be understanding the game better.

Rodgers has to take big credit if Gray clicks here at last. I'd long given up.

• Subscriber

Genuinely think that Leicester will hang around at the top for a while and then in December when they play two games back-to-back (City first then us) so many things could change in the top 3 depending on how well we do till then. Lets not forget that Chelsea will chase them too but with Chelsea you get the feeling that they'll eventually peel away once they face opposition with a better attack set that can punish their defensive mistakes. 

6 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

No mate. You clearly said he would be better of at Ajax. But the truth is he would be better of at arsenal. I agree if he can get a job at Munich or Barcelona that would even better but you clearly didn't say that originally.

He would be better to stay at Ajax its a step down Arsenal is at this point. Why would a coach doing well in the Champions league go to a club who are in a mess in the Europa league. It Doesn't make sense, there is a reason why we were only able to attract someone like Emery.

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Amazing to think Leicester and Chelsea are both ahead of City in the league right now. Both are just flying so far ahead of expectations.

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Lets not forget that Chelsea will chase them too but with Chelsea you get the feeling that they'll eventually peel away once they face opposition with a better attack set that can punish their defensive mistakes. 

Would never have had us down as 2nd/3rd at this stage of the season and agree that we would probably not be expected to win games against the likes of Liverpool or City so will write them off straight away but if we can keep getting results from the teams below the top 4 or 5 we should be able to sustain some kind of challenge for at least 4th I reckon, so far so good but there is a long way to go yet.. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

Would never have had us down as 2nd/3rd at this stage of the season and agree that we would probably not be expected to win games against the likes of Liverpool or City so will write them off straight away but if we can keep getting results from the teams below the top 4 or 5 we should be able to sustain some kind of challenge for at least 4th I reckon, so far so good but there is a long way to go yet.. 

I think you'll will be in a good position come February to firm up third if you'll can keep the results going. Lets not forget that you'll almost gave us a run for our money in the Super Cup and while the two teams aren't essentially operating the same anymore you'll have a very good attack and with people coming back from injury there is a chance to keep your spot.

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Cicero said:

David Luiz was a DM and a CB at the same time 

6 hours ago, Dan said:

Why in god's name was Aubameyang as far back and out wide as that?

Ozil was playing as a central forward as well I noticed for a while.

They just look totally lost and without direction.

1 hour ago, Panna King said:

He would be better to stay at Ajax its a step down Arsenal is at this point. Why would a coach doing well in the Champions league go to a club who are in a mess in the Europa league. It Doesn't make sense, there is a reason why we were only able to attract someone like Emery.

It doesn't make sense?? I explained very clearly why arsenal would be a good career move for him. I'm pretty certain most can understand why managing in the premier League would be an attraction to him. 

4 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

It doesn't make sense?? I explained very clearly why arsenal would be a good career move for him. I'm pretty certain most can understand why managing in the premier League would be an attraction to him. 

Yes but not at Arsenal right now, we are a long way off and it be a risk for certain coaches.  Arsenal is a rebuilding job as we will lose any good player we have next season by not getting champions league.  

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Ajax are a much more stable club at the moment though and the potential of some players they have, and as a team, is much better than Arsenal.

Yes the league is perhaps not as good or competitive as the Premier League but Ajax are playing regular CL football now and that's a big pull. Plus players are committing themselves to Ajax as well (Ziyech, Promes etc) and so hopefully won't be picked off by other clubs.

2 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Top 4 is not unrealistic or overly ambitious now for you guys or Leicester. Not in the slightest. It should become the new expectation... There's a 9 point gap to fifth and in fifth place we have Sheffield United...?

It's inevitable that at least one of Spurs, Arsenal and United should get their shit together at some point but how far off the pace will they be by the time that happens..?

It's clear Emery has to go now. This is once again another situation where the players are clearly not playing for him anymore. Players have so much power over clubs now, they can just downtool whenever they like and almost get no repercussions from it. I thought he had a pretty decent first season until the end, but we have gone backwards not forwards this season with a better squad. 

People calling for Ljungberg to takeover but not really keen on someone with no managerial experience. The board need to he brave now, they've come out and backed him today but I'm hoping that's just a smokescreen. No better time to make a change with the international break upcoming. 

The thing that makes me laugh is people thinking we done wrong now moving on from Wenger. No he was absolutely finished and just because our first attempt at replacing him hasn't worked out doesn't mean it was the wrong thing to do. 

Just now, Chaaay AFC said:

Also Lacazette was a massive waste of money, he doesn't work well with Aubameyang up front and putting Auba on the wing to accommodate him is ridiculous. 1 premier league away goal in 12 months... 

I've said it before Giroud was a much better striker. 

I haven't looked it up but i have heard that Lacazette only has 6 away goals in the league. If true that is a shocking stat for a 50 million plus striker over 3 years at the club. 

2 minutes ago, Panna King said:

I haven't looked it up but i have heard that Lacazette only has 6 away goals in the league. If true that is a shocking stat for a 50 million plus striker over 3 years at the club. 

Yes mate, I kid you not since the start of last season he has scored 4 Premier League away goals. Those 4 goals came against Cardiff, Huddersfield and Fulham who are all now in the Championship. 

• Administrator
42 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

It's clear Emery has to go now. This is once again another situation where the players are clearly not playing for him anymore. Players have so much power over clubs now, they can just downtool whenever they like and almost get no repercussions from it. I thought he had a pretty decent first season until the end, but we have gone backwards not forwards this season with a better squad. 

People calling for Ljungberg to takeover but not really keen on someone with no managerial experience. The board need to he brave now, they've come out and backed him today but I'm hoping that's just a smokescreen. No better time to make a change with the international break upcoming. 

The thing that makes me laugh is people thinking we done wrong now moving on from Wenger. No he was absolutely finished and just because our first attempt at replacing him hasn't worked out doesn't mean it was the wrong thing to do. 

32 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Also Lacazette was a massive waste of money, he doesn't work well with Aubameyang up front and putting Auba on the wing to accommodate him is ridiculous. 1 premier league away goal in 12 months... 

I've said it before Giroud was a much better striker. 

Shifting Aubameyang out to the wing is just criminal. It's so obvious he's better centrally almost like Vardy to use pace and get in behind and then run channels to create attacks. 

Lacazette's miss in the first half as well was so bad. Lack of confidence? I was waiting for the net to bulge. Kasper was rooted to the spot. 

12 minutes ago, Stan said:

Shifting Aubameyang out to the wing is just criminal. It's so obvious he's better centrally almost like Vardy to use pace and get in behind and then run channels to create attacks. 

Lacazette's miss in the first half as well was so bad. Lack of confidence? I was waiting for the net to bulge. Kasper was rooted to the spot. 

Exactly that mate, Aubameyang is so similar to Vardy. Not the most technical players, but they are hard workers and will always score goals. Just doesn't make sense to shift our best player into his non favoured position. 

Just goes to show though with a well balanced system what you can achieve. That was ultimately the difference yesterday. Rodgers and your recruitment has been superb recently. 

This is what I meant when I said how amazing it was a club as shit as Arsenal have a striker like Auba. Emery was a poor choice of manager to begin with, Arsenal really need to make a statement and bring him in a top manager

Also that “foul” on Soyunco (no idea how to spell his name) was never a foul, contact doesn’t equal a penalty, the Arsenal players hand on him did not impede him in the slightest, of anything he was lucky not to be carded for diving because he was not actually fouled or impeded

1 minute ago, Danny said:

This is what I meant when I said how amazing it was a club as shit as Arsenal have a striker like Auba. Emery was a poor choice of manager to begin with, Arsenal really need to make a statement and bring him in a top manager

Also that “foul” on Soyunco (no idea how to spell his name) was never a foul, contact doesn’t equal a penalty, the Arsenal players hand on him did not impede him in the slightest, of anything he was lucky not to be carded for diving because he was not actually fouled or impeded

That's VAR for ya!

• The topic was unpinned

Archived