• Subway
    • Wimpy
    • Other (Please Specify)

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, ...Dan said:

That's Switzerland for you. xD I popped to the supermarket one morning to get a bit of breakfast stuff (pastries, fruit, juice) and ended up spending about 30 francs!

And a beer in a pub costs 6-7 francs, ffs xD It's ok if you take Swiss salaries into consideration, but I think I'm just not used to such prices anymore, been out of Europe for too long xD 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

Keep in mind that these Restaurants are different from country to country. Here in Germany I really like Burger King, because the meat is fresh and they properly grilled. Other than that I really like KFC, but McDonalds isn't too bad either. Subway is nice as well, but it's awkward as hell if they ask you "which bread do you want?" "which sauce do you want?" "do you want this or that?" and you have no fucking clue. 

I wish we had Taco Bell here :(

Chicken stuff or burgers?

And yes, Burger King always tasted better in Germany, for some reason...

• Administrator
Just now, Tsubasa said:

Keep in mind that these Restaurants are different from country to country. Here in Germany I really like Burger King, because the meat is fresh and they properly grilled. Other than that I really like KFC, but McDonalds isn't too bad either. Subway is nice as well, but it's awkward as hell if they ask you "which bread do you want?" "which sauce do you want?" "do you want this or that?" and you have no fucking clue. 

I wish we had Taco Bell here :(

i get this look when I go in there and say 'no salad please'

Image result for you freak gif

it's like they can't comprehend it and the robot in them is about to have a meltdown. 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

i was using meat as an innuendo xD 

You dirty boy!

Next you'll be asking me if I'm wearing underpants (which I'm not just for the sake of it) and asking for meaty pictures. :ph34r:

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I must admit if you don't want salad then you've no business being in Subway. It's like going into KFC and only asking for chips. 

xD hardly. Like I said anyway, I don't go in Subway much.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

You dirty boy!

Next you'll be asking me if I'm wearing underpants (which I'm not just for the sake of it) and asking for meaty pictures. :ph34r:

Check your PMs. 

Anyone had Earl of Sandwich? There's one at Disneyland Paris, that's where I discovered it about five years ago, then when I went to London I found out there was one down the road from St Pauls Cathedral. I was delighted to find it, had my usual sandwich (can't remember what it was anymore), then the next time I went to London I got the tube to the cathedral, walked down the road and it was gone. :( Ruined my day!

19 minutes ago, nudge said:

Chicken stuff or burgers?

And yes, Burger King always tasted better in Germany, for some reason...

Both. I like their wings, but I also had a nice burger called "Chicken Gourmet" there last Sunday :D

Oh speaking of which, and the reason I was there: A new KFC opened up at the airport here last month. So it's only a 15 minute walk for me. Yay!

1 minute ago, ...Dan said:

Anyone had Earl of Sandwich? There's one at Disneyland Paris, that's where I discovered it about five years ago, then when I went to London I found out there was one down the road from St Pauls Cathedral. I was delighted to find it, had my usual sandwich (can't remember what it was anymore), then the next time I went to London I got the tube to the cathedral, walked down the road and it was gone. :( Ruined my day!

The Strand?

9 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Interesting because I'm around there for lunch almost every week day.  Will be giving it a visit... ;)

It's not there anymore mate, it closed down. xD There's one at Bluewater apparently.

3 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

It's not there anymore mate, it closed down. xD There's one at Bluewater apparently.

Bastards! >:(

My wife makes my meals these days which I take to work because she doesn't want me indulging in the city.  My favourite place when "I forget to kale what she's made me" is to go to Yuatcha on Broadgate Circle. Now that's food! ;)

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

In England: Wimpy

In the US: In-N-Out

Worldwide: Pizza Hut, even though every time I eat it, I feel disgusting as fuck shortly afterwards.

That is a terribly good shout. Had the pleasure when I worked in Cali and they are by far the best fast-food place I have eaten a burger at state-side. Not too many options and they keep it simple.

Here in Aus we don't really have Wimpy dunkin doughnuts or BK.

KFC Mc Donalds And subway are huge.  'Hungry jacks" (aka burger king) and Dominos are the other 2 big options.

KFC here is Amazing. I am told you guys in Europe don't get their thick cut chips. That shit is so fucking good when drowned in their gravy. also, because of the cricket KFC always do fucking awesome specials as well. The 'England burger', which was a Coleslaw and spicy mayo zinger was fucking delightful.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

In England: Wimpy

In the US: In-N-Out

Worldwide: Pizza Hut, even though every time I eat it, I feel disgusting as fuck shortly afterwards.

Best fast food burger place in the world, hands down no question. One of the best things about Southern California

Rarely have any o the ones I know from that list. Used to love a filthy Zinger burger. I had Maccas a few times in Japan when drunk/hungover. 

Only one I've had in the last few months is subway so maybe they're my favourite!

3 hours ago, Tanksie said:

'Hungry jacks" (aka burger king)

The story I was told some years back at work about why Burger King is called Hungry Jacks in Australia is an amazing one if true.  I've never bothered to check it out because I wanted to believe it.

12 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The story I was told some years back at work about why Burger King is called Hungry Jacks in Australia is an amazing one if true.  I've never bothered to check it out because I wanted to believe it.

Pretty sure Hungry Jacks, the name, started in Western Australia. @Tanksie did it used to be Burger King at all in the east?

Archived