• McDonalds
    • Subway
    • Wimpy
    • Other (Please Specify)

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Street food is awesome in any country, but especially for Asia it's an essential part of the culture and the defining element of the flair for me... There's not many things better than going out after sunset, getting some amazing food in one of the stalls, enjoying an ice cold beer with it, all while watching busy street life around you :x 

*books flights to Bangkok* 

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Street food is awesome in any country, but especially for Asia it's an essential part of the culture and the defining element of the flair for me... There's not many things better than going out after sunset, getting some amazing food in one of the stalls, enjoying an ice cold beer with it, all while watching busy street life around you :x 

*books flights to Bangkok* 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsEYTTi4JvmcCwsKWaJLs

1 hour ago, Devon Von Devon said:

How's McDonalds doing worldwide ?

I remember seeing Only and only McDonalds everywhere as a child but now to every one McDonalds branch there are three KFC's.

As Stan mentioned, McDonald's tend to have more branches than KFC. I know of two McDonald's and one KFC (KFC only recently opened in the last year or two as well) a short drive away from me. 

I also have two Nando's nearby as well which you could arguably class as fast food.

There are more Mcdonalds about than anything, although there always seems to be a KFC in pretty much every town/city.

It's Burger King which you don't get as many of over here an they tend to shut down restaurants a lot, while McDonalds and KFC seem to always be there once they open up a new place.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

There are more Mcdonalds about than anything, although there always seems to be a KFC in pretty much every town/city.

It's Burger King which you don't get as many of over here an they tend to shut down restaurants a lot, while McDonalds and KFC seem to always be there once they open up a new place.

There's a Burger King near me which has been set on fire about 3 times in the last 10 years xD

Always an insurance scam it turns out. 

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

There's a Burger King near me which has been set on fire about 3 times in the last 10 years xD

Always an insurance scam it turns out. 

There used to be one about a mile from me, which before that was Mr Wimpy(whatever happened to them?), which I can barely remember since I was so young and there used to be one for years about 4 mile away which ended up becoming an Italian restaurant, although recently a new one near there has opened. I've only been twice or so though.

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Toinho said:

I can't recall seeing a McDonalds, Burger King or KFC in Cambodia? But then again I was drunk every day. @nudge

There was a hard rock I checked out in Siem Reap though. 

There's Burger King, KFC and Domino's in Cambodia, all predominantly in Phnom Penh. In fact, Burger King is also the first thing you see at the airport if you look right when you walk out of the arrivals hall, it's surprisingly good and their aircon is great, so I usually go there if I need to pick someone up at the airport :D KFC is quite popular, especially with the Chinese, but there's a local alternative called CP that is supposedly much better...There's also Krispy Kreme and Starbucks, but I've never been there. However, there's not a single McDonald's (one of the few countries in the world not to have it), but I heard rumours of it opening in PP this year... Hard Rock Cafe has now opened in PP, too! Oh and they planned to open Hooters a while ago, but it never happened as the franchise owner had disagreements with the landlord and the construction stopped before it was over, haha.

That said, there are a lot of local fast food chains that are soooo much better than any international chains. If you ever end up in Phnom Penh again and want a tasty burger, go for Mike's Burger House or Lucky Burger, both are great.

I fucking LOVE McDonald's. I'm one of those twats who get the exact same thing everytime (2 PLAIN double cheeseburgers, large fries, large Fanta & toffee sundae with extra toffee) but I really enjoy the same thing so fuck it. It relatively cheap and it hits the spot for me. If I'm feeling like a pig I'll throw in 6 chiquan nuggets.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

I fucking LOVE McDonald's. I'm one of those twats who get the exact same thing everytime (2 PLAIN double cheeseburgers, large fries, large Fanta & toffee sundae with extra toffee) but I really enjoy the same thing so fuck it. It relatively cheap and it hits the spot for me. If I'm feeling like a pig I'll throw in 6 chiquan nuggets.

Fat bastard xD.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Panna King said:

FEBO!  is by far the best and unique fast food place out there.  

Love FEBO! :D There was one on the corner of Vismarkt in Groningen, very conveniently located on my way home from the downtown at night xD 1.20€ for a lovely kroket back then, can't beat that.

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Love FEBO! :D There was one on the corner of Vismarkt in Groningen, very conveniently located on my way home from the downtown at night xD 1.20€ for a lovely kroket back then, can't beat that.

Its hard not to pop in when you walk past and come away with lots of things :D   handy for a late snack though and very tasty.

• 3 years later...
21 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Does anyone ever just browse just eat/Uber eats/Dominos/ for way too long when you’re hungry? I’m doing that right now. It’s tough ordering for one when you’re indecisive xD

I never get delivery.

• Subscriber
Just now, Spike said:

Let me spend more money on something three minutes down the street that will take longer to get here with a higher chance of it being wrong and cold on arrival.

Ey… fuck you buddy. I’m not you’re buddy guy. I’m not your guy friend. 

This takeaway is going to be amazing. 

If its cold I’ll just claim a refund and still eat it. 

1 minute ago, JoshBRFC said:

Ey… fuck you buddy. I’m not you’re buddy guy. I’m not your guy friend. 

This takeaway is going to be amazing. 

If its cold I’ll just claim a refund and still eat it. 

I hope it's not a small family business then

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Spike said:

I hope it's not a small family business then

Ha I’m only spiking. But even so if it’s cold it’s cold, you said it. Anyway, far from being a small business - Domino’s.

8DD33189-3FFB-4C14-9225-7C789B9A616F.jpeg

Bargain id say. 

50% off offer ongoing atm people. 👍🏻👍🏻

Just now, JoshBRFC said:

Ha I’m only spiking. But even so if it’s cold it’s cold, you said it. Anyway, far from being a small business - Domino’s.

8DD33189-3FFB-4C14-9225-7C789B9A616F.jpeg

Bargain id say. 

50% off offer ongoing atm people. 👍🏻👍🏻

Domino's? Well it depends mate, some of them are franchised out by small business owners, otherwise fuck em xD

Archived