• McDonalds
    • Subway
    • Wimpy
    • Other (Please Specify)

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SirBalon said:

Fish & Chips... Even that isn't British mate! Funnily enough and it may be curious to many, but it's Jewish. 

At the end of the day it doesn't matter where it comes from. Some of the best curries are British.... One of the best Mexican restaurants in the world is run in Chicago by a white guy from Ohio.

Just now, Spike said:

At the end of the day it doesn't matter where it comes from. Some of the best curries are British.... One of the best Mexican restaurants in the world is run in Chicago by a white guy from Ohio.

Yuatcha... Best oriental restaurant I've ever been to and includes Hong Kong is run by and evolved by a French chef. 

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Yuatcha... Best oriental restaurant I've ever been to and includes Hong Kong is run by and evolved by a French chef. 

Exactly. That is why I hate those types that complain 'it isn't authentic!'. Well, if everything were authentic nothing  and ever changed and we'd still be eating charred pork-leg over an open camp-fire.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Exactly. That is why I hate those types that complain 'it isn't authentic!'. Well, if everything were authentic nothing  and ever changed and we'd still be eating charred pork-leg over an open camp-fire.

You make that sound like a bad thing. :P

KFC chicken is slimey, never liked it. I'm going into Carlisle with the mother on Thursday, convinced her to get her first McDonald's for about 15 years. Quite looking forward to making myself a massive fat cunt of a burger on that screen without being judged by the 14 year old behind the till.

KFC and especially those cheap high street fried chicken places here in the UK are disgusting!  KFC is the lesser of the evils on those but it's still peasant food.

I only know of one fried chicken place to go or that I would contemplate eating in and that's BIRD.  Free range chicken done very well indeed.

As far as burgers go Grill'd is nice.

I don't think Five Guys is that new as I was having it over a year ago for the first time in Westfield and my missus knew about it already, though I don't think it was that widespread in the UK.

Fast Food isn't that great in Australia, Pizza Hut and Dominos have nothing on the UK versions and KFC over here is simply disgusting. But what I have learnt is that no matter where you go McDonalds will always taste roughly the same.

Oporto isn't too bad over here either, it's a Piri Piri chicken shop. The less said about Nandos in Australia the better, but then again it is overrated at home.

There is however a never ending supply of Asian food over here and whilst I've not been massive on Asian food in general, the consensus is that it's much better than home and makes places like Wagamama look very average.

31 minutes ago, Danny said:

I don't think Five Guys is that new as I was having it over a year ago for the first time in Westfield and my missus knew about it already, though I don't think it was that widespread in the UK.

Fast Food isn't that great in Australia, Pizza Hut and Dominos have nothing on the UK versions and KFC over here is simply disgusting. But what I have learnt is that no matter where you go McDonalds will always taste roughly the same.

Oporto isn't too bad over here either, it's a Piri Piri chicken shop. The less said about Nandos in Australia the better, but then again it is overrated at home.

There is however a never ending supply of Asian food over here and whilst I've not been massive on Asian food in general, the consensus is that it's much better than home and makes places like Wagamama look very average.

The goat cheese and hummus lamb burger at Grill'd is the thing to get.

Every consider that the Pizza Hunt and Dominos aren't better in either places but you're used to the ones back home? It's hard to like something when you're expecting something a little different. As far as KFC goes, you HAVE NOT had fried chicken till you've visited the American South. Goddamn, the proud Southerners now how to cook soul food. 

11 minutes ago, Spike said:

Every consider that the Pizza Hunt and Dominos aren't better in either places but you're used to the ones back home? It's hard to like something when you're expecting something a little different. As far as KFC goes, you HAVE NOT had fried chicken till you've visited the American South. Goddamn, the proud Southerners now how to cook soul food. 

Not really because I like the Subway over here, McDonalds and Hungry Jacks ain't bad.

I wouldn't say Pizza Hut at home is that amazing tbh, but the Dominos in the UK is much better than Pizza Hut at home and both Dominos and Pizza Hut out here.

I do not doubt for a second that I've never tasted fried chicken quite like the American South though.

25 minutes ago, Spike said:

Somehow, just somehow, the Japanese know how to do a great fried chicken. Looking forward to trying some American stuff whenever I visit too!

13 minutes ago, Danny said:

Not really because I like the Subway over here, McDonalds and Hungry Jacks ain't bad.

I wouldn't say Pizza Hut at home is that amazing tbh, but the Dominos in the UK is much better than Pizza Hut at home and both Dominos and Pizza Hut out here.

I do not doubt for a second that I've never tasted fried chicken quite like the American South though.

Yeah, but Subway McDonalds, and HJ aren't the other chains. Just because it proves right for one, doesn't mean the same applies to the others.

43 minutes ago, Danny said:

All I'm saying is that Dominos in the UK is miles better.

Dominos is fucking horrible regardless, a turd that doesn't stink as bad is still a turd. I never eat that sort pizza, not in this bloody country anyway. I'd rather spend a little more and get one of the best pizzas in the world from a place like Lou Malnati's or Giordano's. The American appetite for pizza is astounding, there can be two dozen pizza places in a town and they'd all be successful. 

NY style can kiss my ass though.

9 hours ago, Danny said:

My nearest Grill'd is at Canary Wharf. Fancied it until a few people I know went and slated it.

You're right about Five Guys. When I said recent I meant I think they've been here no longer than maybe a year or two.

KFC is the tits. Can't believe what I'm reading. Having said that, however, I was so disappointed with the one I went to in America last time I was there. Everything was bland and dry and the meal deal was unnecessarily complicated: a bit of chicken, mash & gravy, a biscuit, and a cookie. What's wrong with just chicken, chips and a drink?

Five Guys' burgers are easily the best on the fast food scene and I'll almost always go if I'm in range, but their chips are so disappointing and every drink in their machine is horrible. Even the standard options like coke and fanta always seem to be mixed wrong.

Denny's is a good shout too @Stan, although I wouldn't personally class it as fast food because you can't take it away with you. People shit on them, but if you're in the middle of nowhere and/or you just want something easy, reliable, and relatively cheap, they can't be beaten.

1 hour ago, Burning Gold said:

Denny's is a good shout too @Stan, although I wouldn't personally class it as fast food because you can't take it away with you. People shit on them, but if you're in the middle of nowhere and/or you just want something easy, reliable, and relatively cheap, they can't be beaten.

I love Denny's. There's Denny's in the UK?

Archived