• McDonalds
    • Subway
    • Wimpy
    • Other (Please Specify)

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

Sadly not, mate, although they are going international now with restaurants in Japan, UAE, etc.

Oh the elated anticipation, and then the gut wrenching disappointment. 😭 Will just have to wait for Florida next year.

On 19/09/2017 at 5:40 PM, JOSHBRFC said:

How are McDonalds and Subway beating KFC? You all disgust me. :(

KFC is the one I go to the most to be honest but I voted for Burger King at the time as i'd had it for the first time in proper years at the time of voting and the burger was nice as fuck. It's rare I go there though as there isn't one around here. A new one opened in Morecambe(not too far away) about a year ago but I've only been once.

@RandoEFC There is now a Burger king in Morecambe mate(there used to be one there over a decade ago before it shut) and if you was at Uni in Lancaster now, then you wouldn't have been too far from one. I also remember when there used to be one in Lancaster and before that it was a Mr Wimpy, although it never lasted long, unlike McDonalds and KFC, which have always been there.

Speaking of Lancaster Uni, I went there the other month on the way home from fishing as they sell hot food at the spar on their campus and I never realised just how much is up there now. There is even a Tacos and you don't get any of them around here usually.

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

KFC is the one I go to the most to be honest but I voted for Burger at the time as i'd have it for the first tie in proper years at the time of voting and the burger was nice as fuck. It's rare I go there though as there isn't one around here. A new one opened in Morecambe(not too far away) about a year ago but I've only been once.

@RandoEFC There is now a Burger king in Morecambe mate(there used to be one there over a decade ago before it shut) and if you was at Uni in Lancaster now, then you wouldn't have been too far from one. I also remember when there used to be one in Lancaster and before that it was a Mr Wimpy, although it never lasted long, unlike McDonalds and KFC, which have always been there.

Speaking of Lancaster Uni, I went there the other month on the way home from fishing as they sell hot food at the spar on their campus and I never realised just how much is up there now. There is even a Tacos and you don't get any of them around here usually.

The only place to go on campus in Lancaster is Sultans for cheesy curly fries and maybe fried chicken. In town Chesters Chicken was right next to where I lived in second year and while the quality was comedically poor, it was still a frequent haunt of mine.

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

The only place to go on campus in Lancaster is Sultans for cheesy curly fries and maybe fried chicken. In town Chesters Chicken was right next to where I lived in second year and while the quality was comedically poor, it was still a frequent haunt of mine.

The chippy on the same road as Chesters is nice, but expensive for a chippy, unless of course you went to @SirBalon's, which makes it cheap in comparison :ph34r:. It used to taste a lot nicer though and has changed if you ask me. The fish from there is lovely.

As for burgers, Bill's burgers across from Mcdonald's in town do a nice burger.

Five Guys is dynamite but tbh with the price I don't see it as the same as the cheaper places. More like a special treat than a convenience stop - plus in Glasgow we only have a few. One is in the city centre and two are in shopping centres way way on the outskirts. 

For a cheap bite KFC or Burger King are miles ahead of McD's. In the U.K. at least; I've had decent McDonalds abroad. 

• 8 months later...
  • Administrator
4 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

What's the general opinion of Papa Johns?

Never had one myself so thinking of trying it soon.

the one I get from near me was not up to scratch. Thought I'd try something different from Dominos and opted for Papa John's. Probably won't do so again.

Dominos is more expensive but you get more choice and the standard is much better. You get what you pay for, as they say.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Maybe I'm spoilt living in Chicago but I'd never go to the big chain pizzerias. 

Thoughts on Chicago style pizza? I've had a version in Tokyo, with my mate from Indiana (but super close to Chicago) and he said it's almost close to the stuff back in his home. It was just pure amazing. 

Just now, Toinho said:

Thoughts on Chicago style pizza? I've had a version in Tokyo, with my mate from Indiana (but super close to Chicago) and he said it's almost close to the stuff back in his home. It was just pure amazing. 

It's fucking brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. If you come around one day, I'll take you to my favourite joint, of course every argues about which place is the best, but I'm certain my taste is superior because I didn't 'grow up' eating any sort of Chicago pizza. xD So I don't feel any nostalgia for it.
Chicago also does an oft overlooked 'superthin' pizza which is equally great. It's a brilliant food city, because the weather is miserable and it's in the fattest part of the country. 

38 minutes ago, Spike said:

It's fucking brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. If you come around one day, I'll take you to my favourite joint, of course every argues about which place is the best, but I'm certain my taste is superior because I didn't 'grow up' eating any sort of Chicago pizza. xD So I don't feel any nostalgia for it.
Chicago also does an oft overlooked 'superthin' pizza which is equally great. It's a brilliant food city, because the weather is miserable and it's in the fattest part of the country. 

Deal!
As you may be aware, I am contemplating a 'gap year' of sorts next year. I think the only thing that will stop that is if I get myself in a relationship between now and January - and let's face it, that's highly unlikely.

• Subscriber

Pizza for me has to have thin crisp crust, I prefer it that way... That said, I would still eat most other sorts because pizza is life xD 

Domino's must be one of the worst pizza I've ever eaten, followed by Pizza Hut, both were awful. 

50 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

What in your opinion would you say is the most popular fast food in Pakistan?

From international brands KFC, its too expensive but its really good and popular.

But if you have to say 'The most popular' then like i've said local chains and roadside food stalls are big here, i'm sure its the same in India.

Just now, Devon Von Devon said:

From international brands KFC, its too expensive but its really good and popular.

But if you have to say 'The most popular' then like i've said local chains and roadside food stalls are big here, i'm sure its the same in India.

What would be the type of food of those roadside food stalls?  

Local cuisine?

I'm searching for an avenue in the sense of Pakistan and the immediate surrounding region also being "Americanised" like Europe was in a large scale over two decades ago.

Just now, SirBalon said:

What would be the type of food of those roadside food stalls?  

Local cuisine?

I'm searching for an avenue in the sense of Pakistan and the immediate surrounding region also being "Americanised" like Europe was in a large scale over two decades ago.

The usual fast food plus some local variations and also local cuisines as you've said. But they are more local snacks than cuisines.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

How's McDonalds doing worldwide ?

I remember seeing Only and only McDonalds everywhere as a child but now to every one McDonalds branch there are three KFC's.

I'd say there's more McDonald's than KFCs in UK. 

In my town, there's 2 KFCs and about 4 McDonald's. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

I'd say there's more McDonald's than KFCs in UK. 

In my town, there's 2 KFCs and about 4 McDonald's. 

Huh. McDonald's was hit with a huge scandal here some years ago. They were suspected to use donkey's meat in their stuff :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

• Administrator
Just now, Devon Von Devon said:

Huh. McDonald's was hit with a huge scandal here some years ago. They were suspected to use donkey's meat in their stuff :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Still tasted good though no doubt. 

Archived