talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 3-1 Man City - Sunday 10th November, 2019

football forum

Need to get back to the chaos of the two games in 2018. Issues at the back for them which I think some of our fans are forgetting when they highlight the fact we've not been as solid this season compared to last. 

I would expect Guardiola tries to replicate their performance at Anfield last season. Can he do that with their issues at centre back though? This Liverpool team is very different to the one that started that game at Anfield last season too. Gomez started at right back that game which certainly won't happen. Our game has evolved to include the full backs much more in our play since then. Fabinho also wasn't in the side at that point last season and he offers something with the ball that the other two who will probably start don't

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Harry said:

I'm not certain we will lose but I definitely don't think we'll win... Too weak in defence at the moment... we've not had many clean sheets at all and think cities attack will be too much.

Our best hope it's they give us more respect than we deserve and play tentatively towards a dull, low scoring draw 

Is that more respect than this Liverpool side deserve? Guardiola showed in the game last season that he'd learnt from the two games in 17/18 and they were noticeably more cautious. And that's not a criticism. Why would you choose to go toe-to-toe with this Liverpool side at Anfield?

• Subscriber

I don't agree that the league's over if Liverpool win this. Silly talk, it's not even mid-November. Last season they were about 7(?) points clear around Christmas time and it turned around and they were already an incredibly good team at that point.

The more Sky Sports movie trailers I see about this match, the more I'm convinced it's another 0-0.

• Administrator
55 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I can't believe they're still going on about that. Was all over the back pages this morning. xD

16 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Sad innit xD

Hold up.

If that happens the other way round Liverpool fans would go on about it for years on end.  

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Hold up.

If that happens the other way round Liverpool fans would go on about it for years on end.  

If it happened the other way around the rest of the country would have laughed their arses off. And as long as none of our players got hurt (like with what happened at City), I doubt we’d care.

Or are you trying that “always he victims” shite on? Because you MUST know what that’s referencing, and that’s a bit sad

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If it happened the other way around the rest of the country would have laughed their arses off. And as long as none of our players got hurt (like with what happened at City), I doubt we’d care.

Or are you trying that “always he victims” shite on? Because you MUST know what that’s referencing, and that’s a bit sad

No, not quite the 'always the victims' stuff and don't think I personally have ever once said that. 

The first statement I disagree with. Also, I very much doubt you (as Liverpool fans in general) would not care. Several fans would be up in arms if it did happen. 

Bear in mind I don't think it's right to do what Liverpool fans did and wouldn't be right if Man City fans did it. Create that atmosphere but don't be dicks and smash the windows, throw bottles etc. 

Manchester City fans have done exactly the same to Manchester United, also West Ham did it. It's only because this is Liverpool it's made out to be some sort of horrendous outrage, when it's just a few scallies. Let the rest of England fume and cry about it, Liverpool wind up the worst kind of people, you should revel in it.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

No, not quite the 'always the victims' stuff and don't think I personally have ever once said that. 

The first statement I disagree with. Also, I very much doubt you (as Liverpool fans in general) would not care. Several fans would be up in arms if it did happen. 

Bear in mind I don't think it's right to do what Liverpool fans did and wouldn't be right if Man City fans did it. Create that atmosphere but don't be dicks and smash the windows, throw bottles etc. 

In the away games the same season against Citeh our fans got fucking attacked by some City fans.

Not a peep about it in the media. Not a peep about it on here. Even in our fan forums and our subreddit people were just like “yeah some of their fans are jumped up shits, but most aren’t.”

So no, I don’t think we’d make a big deal about a bus that’s not alive getting attacked.

7 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Manchester City fans have done exactly the same to Manchester United, also West Ham did it. It's only because this is Liverpool it's made out to be some sort of horrendous outrage, when it's just a few scallies. Let the rest of England fume and cry about it, Liverpool wind up the worst kind of people, you should revel in it.

KDB, who was on the bus, said he didn’t care because he’s seen it before and it’s happened to Man City a lot in Europe.

It’s all faux outrage that’s being brought up because it sells

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

When was this? I don't recall it so just wondering.

Also, quite obviously was more than 'just a few scallies'. We're not talking a few chavs with nothing better to do throwing a few stones here...

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

When was this? I don't recall it so just wondering.

Also, quite obviously was more than 'just a few scallies'. We're not talking a few chavs with nothing better to do throwing a few stones here...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/shocking-new-footage-emerged-west-7945705

The Manchester City one I've seen was outside Wembley, not sure which game, but was admittedly only a couple of fans. The West Ham one though was pretty much the same and resulted in the match being delayed, still, because middle England isn't absolutely obsessed with West Ham like they are with Liverpool, it's been totally forgotten about.

Of course it was, how many missiles do you think were thrown? This was the actions of a tiny minority, 'a few scallies' is the perfect description.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/shocking-new-footage-emerged-west-7945705

The Manchester City one I've seen was outside Wembley, not sure which game, but was admittedly only a couple of fans. The West Ham one though was pretty much the same and resulted in the match being delayed, still, because middle England isn't absolutely obsessed with West Ham like they are with Liverpool, it's been totally forgotten about.

Of course it was, how many missiles do you think were thrown? This was the actions of a tiny minority, 'a few scallies' is the perfect description.

Liverpool are bigger than West Ham though to be fair so will obviously get more attention. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Liverpool are bigger than West Ham though to be fair so will obviously get more attention. 

More like Scousers behaving badly gets everyone’s knickers in a twist so the media knows it’ll get more clicks and that’s more ad revenue

And it was beer bottles not stones. And the people that threw full beer bottles have bigger mental issues than throwing shit at a bus. Finish your fucking beers lads

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

More like Scousers behaving badly gets everyone’s knickers in a twist so the media knows it’ll get more clicks and that’s more ad revenue

And it was beer bottles not stones. And the people that threw full beer bottles have bigger mental issues than throwing shit at a bus. Finish your fucking beers lads

I know mate. Just meant it wasn't a few kids throwing stuff. Seemed like more than that at the time.

• The title was changed to Liverpool 3-1 Man City - Sunday 10th November, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived