• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 3-1 Man City - Sunday 10th November, 2019

football forum

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Agree with all that except the penalty decision. Yes it hits TAA's arm, but only after it comes off Silva's arm. Cant give one without the other. 

We will agree to disagree.

Bernardo's is clearly accidental. We can all see that. Trent's got his arm out where he shouldn't. Asking for trouble.

I don't see how the two can be compared. We are all pretty smart and clued up people to tell the difference.

Got away with a big one there but maybe that cancels out what happened last week with Firmino.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

What a football team. I asked my dad the other day how they compared to the 70s and 80s and he said they were better. I've heard others say it too

My son asked me the same question and I said this Liverpool team of 1976/77 & 1977/78 with Paisley in charge would shit all over the Liverpool team of today.

1071636881_download(2).png.8ddec43bb278de8fd15e528cd47b72cd.png

Goalkeepers Ray Clemence,  Peter McDonnell.

Defenders  Emlyn Hughes,  Joey Jones,  Brian Kettle,  Chris Lawler, Alec Lindsay, Phil Neal, Tommy Smith, Phil Thompson

Midfielders Ian Callaghan, Jimmy Case, Steve Heighway, Sammy Lee, Ray Kennedy, Terry McDermott,  Peter Cormack 

Strikers David Fairclough, Kevin Keegan, Kevin Kewley, John Toshack, Alan Waddle,  David Johnson

390101004_download(3).png.ff442ae09ce714594dbd3bba8f01f286.png

Goalkeepers  Ray Clemence, Peter McDonnell, Steve Ogrizovic

Defenders  Emlyn Hughes, Joey Jones, Brian Kettle, Alec Lindsay, Phil Neal, Tommy Smith, Phil Thompson, Alan Hansen, Colin Irwin

Midfielders Ian Callaghan, Jimmy Case, Steve Heighway, Sammy Lee, Ray Kennedy, Terry McDermott, Graeme Souness

Strikers  David Fairclough, Kenny Dalglish, Kevin Kewley, John Toshack, David Johnson

As a United supporter, I would look at those teams, sigh and think "I wish we had teams like that".

You had a pool of Liverpool players that could even play as subs yet fit into the team like a jig-saw puzzle, the hardmen at the back in Tommy Smith, Emlyn Hughes, the hardman in m/f Jimmy Case the Irish wizard in m/f Steve Highway, upfront with Dalgleish, Keegan, Toshack, super-sub David Fairclough and followed after by Ian Rush, John Aldridge etc, as I said those two teams would run rings around the Liverpool, Man City teams of today, try diving in front of Hughes, Tommy Smith or Jimmy Case they would kick the shite out of you in the Liverpool car park after. :D

As far as I can tell there were basically no controversial decisions? Silva handballed pretty clearly and Salah was onside.

I can understand people licking the Emirati boot if they're on the payroll, but random football fans doing it is just odd. 

1 minute ago, CaaC (John) said:

My son asked me the same question and I said this Liverpool team of 1977/77 & 1977/78 with Paisley in charge would shit all over the Liverpool team of today.

1071636881_download(2).png.8ddec43bb278de8fd15e528cd47b72cd.png

Goalkeepers Ray Clemence,  Peter McDonnell.

Defenders  Emlyn Hughes,  Joey Jones,  Brian Kettle,  Chris Lawler, Alec Lindsay, Phil Neal, Tommy Smith, Phil Thompson

Midfielders Ian Callaghan, Jimmy Case, Steve Heighway, Sammy Lee, Ray Kennedy, Terry McDermott,  Peter Cormack 

Strikers David Fairclough, Kevin Keegan, Kevin Kewley, John Toshack, Alan Waddle,  David Johnson

390101004_download(3).png.ff442ae09ce714594dbd3bba8f01f286.png

Goalkeepers  Ray Clemence, Peter McDonnell, Steve Ogrizovic

Defenders  Emlyn Hughes, Joey Jones, Brian Kettle, Alec Lindsay, Phil Neal, Tommy Smith, Phil Thompson, Alan Hansen, Colin Irwin

Midfielders Ian Callaghan, Jimmy Case, Steve Heighway, Sammy Lee, Ray Kennedy, Terry McDermott, Graeme Souness

Strikers  David Fairclough, Kenny Dalglish, Kevin Kewley, John Toshack, David Johnson

As a United supporter, I would look at those teams, sigh and think "I wish we had teams like that".

You had a pool of Liverpool players that could even play as subs yet fit into the team like a jig-saw puzzle, the hardmen at the back in Tommy Smith, Emlyn Hughes, the hardman in m/f Jimmy Case the Irish wizard in m/f Steve Highway, upfront with Dalgleish, Keegan, Toshack, super-sub David Fairclough and followed after by Ian Rush, John Aldridge etc, as I said those two teams would run rings around the Liverpool, Man City teams of today, try diving in front of Hughes, Tommy Smith or Jimmy Case they would kick the shite out of you in the Liverpool car park after. :D

I'm not going to disagree but this is a great side. They need to win the league though

4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Bernardo's is clearly accidental. We can all see that. Trent's got his arm out where he shouldn't. Asking for trouble.

I don't see how the two can be compared. We are all pretty smart and clued up people to tell the difference.

Got away with a big one there but maybe that cancels out what happened last week with Firmino.

The rule is if the ball hits the arm before a goal then it rules the goal out. So surely as it was attacking it stands to reason it should have been a foul? 

At best it was a free kick to Liverpool. But the fume from the BBC is so lovely to behold. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

I'm not going to disagree but this is a great side. They need to win the league though

They need to win all them trophies under the team photos to be even classed as a great side, when SAF came along he wanted to see the same as that and he did but it took him a few years to do it, can Klopp or Pep last just as long as two of the greatest managers in my time in SAF & Paisley and achieve a trophy hall like that? :coffee:

468986895_download(4).png.1d37eb7e55ba50cf308571d8b8ce93c6.png

12 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

The rule is if the ball hits the arm before a goal then it rules the goal out. So surely as it was attacking it stands to reason it should have been a foul? 

At best it was a free kick to Liverpool. But the fume from the BBC is so lovely to behold. 

I honestly don't see how Bernardo's handball is even comparable? He's not even looking at the ball when its gone back and hit his hand?

I think there is enough fume across all media platforms to suggest they got that call wrong and I'd be gutted if that happened to us and we didn't get a pen but each to their own.

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Lucas said:

This pretty much sums it up for me. Ideally the ball would have fallen to Sterling anyway and he could have scored and had it disallowed so that neither side gave an advantage.

However, if Bernardo handles it, then it hits Alexander-Arnold's arm and City score from a penalty as a result, then it's not fair because then City have gained an advantage from Bernardo handling it.

The actual fair thing to do would have been to call TAA's a handball, but it's not a penalty because Bernardo handled it first and it's a Liverpool free kick.

All that said, I don't think it ultimately affects the result. The bigger issue here is not whether Liverpool have received an unfair advantage, the issue is that it highlights another grey area in these new rules that have been brought in alongside VAR.

• Subscriber

I don't think you could take a single player on our side today and call them bad. Lovren had a sound game by his standards and my MOTM was Gini. He ran tirelessly and just floated into so many good positions to move the ball around. Great game of football. 

City's biggest mistake was putting Aguero on for this. His head was clearly turned by the fact that he's never scored at Anfield and there was the one big chance where he could have put KDB in and he didn't. Then it just got worse when he missed a pass from KDB for a tap-in. Insane to think that this player doesn't have a goal at Anfield. 

• Administrator

Not seen the games, goals or highlights but congratulations on your title Liverpool. No one is stopping this side and no side is better in the league or Europe. Klopp has you playing like a well-oiled machine and I just cannot see where you give up a 9 point lead now. Even with your fixture congestion it's too much for any side to overcome. 

This is probably the greatest Liverpool side I've seen in my lifetime. 

To all the Liverpool fans on here - enjoy the season. Embrace these good times! 

48 minutes ago, Danny said:

Bernardo didn’t handball it, his arm did not make his frame bigger. TAA’s arm clearly did.

Only reason I can think it wasn’t given was because of the reaction time?

There is no justification for saying Manchester City should have a penalty. Except everyone is a hypocrite when it comes to Liverpool.

It is not a penalty. The rule is that if the ball even strikes the arm (doesn't matter about intention, see Man City's ruled out winner against Spurs)  in an attack leading towards a goal it is ruled out..ergo, silva's handball counteracts any handball from TAA.

I understand this isn't what Tory England (basically anyone outside of Liverpool) wants to hear and you all hate Liverpool very much, but it's the truth.

45 minutes ago, Stan said:

Not seen the games, goals or highlights but congratulations on your title Liverpool. No one is stopping this side and no side is better in the league or Europe. Klopp has you playing like a well-oiled machine and I just cannot see where you give up a 9 point lead now. Even with your fixture congestion it's too much for any side to overcome. 

This is probably the greatest Liverpool side I've seen in my lifetime. 

To all the Liverpool fans on here - enjoy the season. Embrace these good times! 

Well if you do watch the game you will see they was out played for most of it against half a City 1st team ;)  

• The title was changed to Liverpool 3-1 Man City - Sunday 10th November, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned
1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

You were dreadful. You've got the whole Manc mafia behind you in the BBC, Guardian etc. 

If we outplayed them being dreadful, imagine what would of happened if we had the other 5 first team players on the field too 

• Subscriber

They weren't dreadful and this everyone's being anti Liverpool stuff has gone well OTT as well. There's a perfectly legitimate claim that that goal shouldn't have counted, and Man City should possibly have a penalty.

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

They weren't dreadful and this everyone's being anti Liverpool stuff has gone well OTT as well. There's a perfectly legitimate claim that that goal shouldn't have counted, and Man City should possibly have a penalty.

It is bollocks, anyone who even knows the rules, knows at best it should have been a free kick to Liverpool for Silva's handball. No way on earth should it have been a penalty to Manchester City.

4 minutes ago, Dan said:

I haven't seen the goal but if Liverpool handballed it accidentally in the man city box and then went up the other end scored a goal it should be no penalty but no goal either

1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

It is bollocks, anyone who even knows the rules, knows at best it should have been a free kick to Liverpool for Silva's handball. No way on earth should it have been a penalty to Manchester City.

Mate when comes to @Happy Blue Liverpool could have won 9.0 and he would still say city should have won.

• Subscriber
Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

So not a goal to Liverpool? That incident Liverpool have had a huge rub of the green no matter how it's dressed up. At absolute best for Liverpool that should be their free kick. Like I said before - where are the lines being drawn? They have ultimately scored a goal from the ball hitting their players arm, no matter how that's dressed up, that happened, and the rule this season has been any time the ball touches an arm in the build up the goal is disallowed.

Or we just bring back common sense and get VAR and these modified rules in the sea.

Archived