talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 3-1 Man City - Sunday 10th November, 2019

football forum

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I haven't seen the goal but if Liverpool handballed it accidentally in the man city box and then went up the other end scored a goal it should be no penalty but no goal either

I agree. Correct decision for me is a Liverpool free kick.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Pitiful. You were so bad, Aguero doesn't really do it at Anfield does he? All that money and you can't win at Anfield

Last time we won at Anfield i wasn't a plastic City Fan, it's been a long time  ..even when Liverpool was also shit we struggled there

Just now, Dan said:

So not a goal to Liverpool? That incident Liverpool have had a huge rub of the green no matter how it's dressed up. At absolute best for Liverpool that should be their free kick. Like I said before - where are the lines being drawn? They have ultimately scored a goal from the ball hitting their players arm, no matter how that's dressed up, that happened, and the rule this season has been any time the ball touches an arm in the build up the goal is disallowed.

Or we just bring back common sense and get VAR and these modified rules in the sea.

Two fouls, the VAR says both handballs so let it go on. It's typical nobhead fans from midlands, london etc with their anti Liverpool bollocks. Love how much Liverpool wind people like you up. They won and won deservedly.

• Subscriber
Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Two fouls, the VAR says both handballs so let it go on. It's typical nobhead fans from midlands, london etc with their anti Liverpool bollocks. Love how much Liverpool wind people like you up. They won and won deservedly.

Only one wound up here is you. Every thread regarding Liverpool it's the same bollocks. You live in Liverpool and I'm the biased one?

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dan said:

Haha that was easy. Out of arguments so deflects it as far away as possible. You don't fool me.

Standard for him. Been on the beers at the weekend and most Sunday evenings result in the same kind of posts.

1 minute ago, Dan said:

Haha that was easy. Out of arguments so deflects it as far away as possible. You don't fool me.

You pick out one moment of game, which Liverpool easily won, and whine like a little pig from Manchester. It's the same from the Spurs, Brentford, wherever else. People hate the fact Liverpool are good, because they're not little England gimps like you.

• Subscriber
Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

You pick out one moment of game, which Liverpool easily won, and whine like a little pig from Manchester. It's the same from the Spurs, Brentford, wherever else. People hate the fact Liverpool are good, because they're not little England gimps like you.

Argument started around the time of the incident, one that was quite obviously pretty significant in the game. I last week said the Firmino offside was so ridiculous that it should be investigated. Doesn't fit the rhetoric mind.

• Subscriber

This is an utterly baffling page to read but I've read it dozens of times before.

@The Artful Dodger you come out with anti Liverpool stuff all the time, saying they're going to struggle often before games, that they'll definitely drop points in the next few games, stuff like that, legitimate opinions about Liverpool FC that aren't in their favour. Do you include yourself in this national conspiracy against Scousers as a result?

It's a perfectly legitimate stance to question whether that should have been a handball or not. Everyone here, whether they support Liverpool or not, whether they think it was handball or not, admits that it's a debatable one. Therefore it doesn't wash that you think it's such an outrageous stance that the only possible explanation is that it's Southern Tory boy bias and people being wound up by Liverpool.

It really is odd and way below your usual standard of posting. Given the way the last few posts have gone I'm forced to come to the conclusion that you're looking for an excuse to create some North vs South conflict because of reasons that have nothing to do with football at all.

I just don't understand what was controversial at all in this game? 

The ref played advantage from the Silva handball, which then couldn't be pulled back to a pen, since handballs in attacking build-up are treated with total strictness. No goal can occur with a handball in the build up - Silva flicked the ball with his hand onto TAA's hand.

It would be completely against the spirit of the rules for a penalty and then a goal to result from that. I'm not even sure in the strictest sense how it would work, but from a common-sense interpretation it seems like a perfectly fitting way to handle the situation. The only reason a huge fuss has resulted is that Fabinho then scored the way he did. 

Salah was unambiguously onside. If he was off they would have easily reviewed it and struck-off the goal. 

At which stage did Liverpool get any insane luck with decisions? It seems like a huge argument has erupted without any actual basis for claiming Liverpool were particularly lucky decisions-wise. 

They certainly weren't more lucky today than they were unlucky against Villa. But there seems to be this media narrative where Liverpool are lucky or are sneaky, and people end up going out of their minds over fairly mundane situations. 

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Wouldn't be surprised if you sing about 'signing on' and 'bin dippers' you terrible, terrible nobhead.

Never once done that, you terrible, terrible weirdo.

Think you need to cut back on the weekend boozing. Not healthy in the long run.

12 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

This is an utterly baffling page to read but I've read it dozens of times before.

@The Artful Dodger you come out with anti Liverpool stuff all the time, saying they're going to struggle often before games, that they'll definitely drop points in the next few games, stuff like that, legitimate opinions about Liverpool FC that aren't in their favour. Do you include yourself in this national conspiracy against Scousers as a result?

It's a perfectly legitimate stance to question whether that should have been a handball or not. Everyone here, whether they support Liverpool or not, whether they think it was handball or not, admits that it's a debatable one. Therefore it doesn't wash that you think it's such an outrageous stance that the only possible explanation is that it's Southern Tory boy bias and people being wound up by Liverpool.

It really is odd and way below your usual standard of posting. Given the way the last few posts have gone I'm forced to come to the conclusion that you're looking for an excuse to create some North vs South conflict because of reasons that have nothing to do with football at all.

It's not about North versus South. 

There's a lot to criticise Liverpool Fc for but the abuse people face and this goes for Everton from people from places like fucking Leicester, Wolverhampton, Manchester and Leeds ffs. This goes for Everton as well, because they might ally themselves against Liverpool but Ll the 'sign on' stuff is just as much about Evertonians as is it Liverpool.

• Subscriber

Who in here has said sign on or anything even close to that?

You've taken your own Liverpool bias (legitimate bias, you live there) and tried to use that against everyone else. Find me a string of posts of mine slagging Liverpool off. It's all in your own head.

49 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

There is no justification for saying Manchester City should have a penalty. Except everyone is a hypocrite when it comes to Liverpool.

It is not a penalty. The rule is that if the ball even strikes the arm (doesn't matter about intention, see Man City's ruled out winner against Spurs)  in an attack leading towards a goal it is ruled out..ergo, silva's handball counteracts any handball from TAA.

I understand this isn't what Tory England (basically anyone outside of Liverpool) wants to hear and you all hate Liverpool very much, but it's the truth.

Bernardo’s isn’t a handball as stated, his arm is in a natural position, not making his frame bigger and the ball bounces off of a Liverpool player into him. Because of how close he is it is not a handball, so now irrelevant.

However even though you can make the argument that TAA’s arms are making his frame wider/in an unnatural position, because the ball has suddenly bounced off of Bernado (irrespective of where) and into TAA the referee has decided that’s not a handball either as he has just suffered the same fate that Bernardo did.

Neither are handballs...

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

So yeah, if some brexit voting gimps from Leicester get upset about a Liverpool win. I'll count that as a triumph. 

Winding up the right people is the aim of the game. 

Is that your only purpose here?

You live a seriously sad life if so. 

I pity you.

Neither are intentional, but both of them under the letter on the law are handballs. I think the officials have dealt with a complicated situation by just allowing play to continue. City still had more than enough time to defend, so they should be getting no sympathy for conceding the Fabinho goal. 

Archived