Liverpool - 89 wins
Draws - 48
Man City - 46 wins

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Must win for both 

Or at least us not losing the game. Dropping to a 3 point gap with the December we have coming up would be very disheartening. 

That being said, we have all the tools to take that City defence apart. Hopefully our midfield is all over theirs and stops any momentum they try and build with the tippy tappy shit. Somebody clobber Sterling an all. 

• Subscriber

A draw will do nicely here if we don't win this. I can't imagine the kind of pressure this City team is under going into this because they know better than us that come December there will be a chance to leapfrog us as I think we will drop points during that period. Pep has issues at the back and from what I was reading Ederson may not make the game? That's a big miss for them as he's a distribution point at the back. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Agreed. It would take a catastrophic slip up from them to not win it. 

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

You seen our December/january fixture list? Its inevitable that we will drop points. 

But I can also see Man City dropping points. The games against Salzburg & Watford I can't imagine you'll go full strength purely to keep players fresh for when the fixtures comes later in that month. And at the moment, you only have 4 fixtures in January (+ FA Cup). It's not that intensive right now. Obviously beat Villa in EFL and then it gets a bit more hectic. 

Liverpool have shown they can grind through to get 3 points when not playing at their best though.

The gap would be too much, IMO, if Liverpool win this.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

But I can also see Man City dropping points. The games against Salzburg & Watford I can't imagine you'll go full strength purely to keep players fresh for when the fixtures comes later in that month. And at the moment, you only have 4 fixtures in January (+ FA Cup). It's not that intensive right now. Obviously beat Villa in EFL and then it gets a bit more hectic. 

Liverpool have shown they can grind through to get 3 points when not playing at their best though.

The gap would be too much, IMO, if Liverpool win this.

Only thing in our favour is that after City we will have played all the 'media top 6', plus yourselves. 

City have played only 2 (after us) so they have some hard games coming up. 

They have had a proper easy opening to the season. It's pretty amazing we are 6 clear as things stand.

Ederson being out is a massive thing. Gonna go for a draw though. Don't think Liverpool will risk loosing and so will play slightly more defensively

21 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Ederson being out is a massive thing. Gonna go for a draw though. Don't think Liverpool will risk loosing and so will play slightly more defensively

Nah, second choice keepers always play the game of their lives at Anfield. Always happens.

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Nah, second choice keepers always play the game of their lives at Anfield. Always happens.

Yeah but bravo is so ill disciplined he will probably do something stupid at some point

19 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Not really, id take a draw here and a win at our place and then just sit back and wait to go top when they slip up somewhere or draw a few games  ..what we must not do is lose

Yeah but remember mate guardiola doesn't do cups and Leagues xD 

Nah in all seriousness mate I think you really have to not loose. Man city are brilliant, but so are Liverpool. Two best teams in Europe in my opinion. If you loose I actually don't think Liverpool will drop enough points in the league for you to catch them. I think you would literally have to win every remaining game. Even city aren't good enough to do that.

2 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Yeah but remember mate guardiola doesn't do cups and Leagues xD 

Nah in all seriousness mate I think you really have to not loose. Man city are brilliant, but so are Liverpool. Two best teams in Europe in my opinion. If you loose I actually don't think Liverpool will drop enough points in the league for you to catch them. I think you would literally have to win every remaining game. Even city aren't good enough to do that.

That's basically what we did last season, from Dec 30th on wards we only dropped 3pts

17 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

That's basically what we did last season, from Dec 30th on wards we only dropped 3pts

The games on November 9th that is an extra month. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

You'd be surprised how well backup keepers do at Anfield - even the shit ones tbh.

Best Liverpool side you have probably ever seen and your still moaning.  You'd make a great arsenal fanxD

5 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Best Liverpool side you have probably ever seen and your still moaning.  You'd make a great arsenal fanxD

Hes not moaning ... what hes saying is true xD

Second choice keepers nearly always play a blinder at Anfield.

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Hes not moaning ... what hes saying is true xD

Second choice keepers nearly always play a blinder at Anfield.

I know he's not moaning mate I was being sarcastic 

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Nah, I know this is the best Liverpool side I've ever seen. But I'm still apprehensive about this match and the upcoming season, tbh. From our perspective, specifically mine, here's how I see things: I've waited my whole life to see us win the league, we came excruciatingly close last season but we're up against this fucking ridiculous side. Meanwhile any time Liverpool fans get happy about anything, we're told we're insufferable and a huge percentage of the football watching population that is so gleeful every time we fuck up that are truly fucking insufferable and I just don't want to deal with them being a bunch of twats. But history has shown if we do fuck up, even though we're basically being asked to have an almost perfect season (which is absolutely mental), they will be a giant insufferable gaggle of twats.

So I'm basically desperate for us to do something as a football club that is truly a massive fucking ask, against this side that was even better than us last season (and were also incredibly close to a perfect season tbh), while we've got the most ridiculous fixture congestion situation I've ever seen (seriously, Emery should be sacked because he couldn't beat a side that was trying to lose lol).

I actually think I'm pretty optimistic about us, which is pretty rare because I'm generally not a very optimistic person. But I'm also weary as fuck because if there was ever a banana skin right before this tricky festive period... it's being tipped as favourites against this fucking Slave Trader FC side that I absolutely fucking loath.

@Dr. Gonzo it's tough. Man city are the possibly the best premier League side ever.  To not win the league with 97 points is ridiculous. And the thing is they will have to get that many again probably to win it because city are just relentless. 

I'm not certain we will lose but I definitely don't think we'll win... Too weak in defence at the moment... we've not had many clean sheets at all and think cities attack will be too much.

Our best hope it's they give us more respect than we deserve and play tentatively towards a dull, low scoring draw 

• The title was changed to Liverpool 3-1 Man City - Sunday 10th November, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived