talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 3-1 Man City - Sunday 10th November, 2019

football forum

31 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Ferguson? Got absolutely battered by Mancini in 2012, nobody mentions that though.

26 years of unparalleled success tends to make people do that. Mancini had him off once. Only matters if you fall apart like Benitez did.   

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

26 years of unparalleled success tends to make people do that. Mancini had him off once. Only matters if you fall apart like Benitez did.   

No doubt. Mind games are largely a nonsense though, it makes very little difference. Did Benitez fall apart? Liverpool's form was pretty strong towards the end of the season, they just weren't good enough ultimately. You had better players and a better manager, this idea that Ferguson was some kind of Machiavellian genius is hilarious. He's mates with Sam Allardyce for fuck's sake. 

2 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

No doubt. Mind games are largely a nonsense though, it makes very little difference. Did Benitez fall apart? Liverpool's form was pretty strong towards the end of the season, they just weren't good enough ultimately. You had better players and a better manager, this idea that Ferguson was some kind of Machiavellian genius is hilarious. He's mates with Sam Allardyce for fuck's sake. 

You beat what’s in front of you. Ferguson was a genius, absolutely no doubt and you’d be hard pressed to find an argument against. He should definitely have won more European cups though. Nobody slates Pep and Klopp right now because they’ve got the best teams do they? They’ve got the best and they win, just like Ferguson.

25 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

You beat what’s in front of you. Ferguson was a genius, absolutely no doubt and you’d be hard pressed to find an argument against. He should definitely have won more European cups though. Nobody slates Pep and Klopp right now because they’ve got the best teams do they? They’ve got the best and they win, just like Ferguson.

I'm not doubting Ferguson's ability but this idea that he was some master of mind games. He may have got under people's skin but I really don't think it had much effect on anything at all. 

45 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I'm not doubting Ferguson's ability but this idea that he was some master of mind games. He may have got under people's skin but I really don't think it had much effect on anything at all. 

I agree. They only call it "mind games" when the media likes the manager - like Ferguson & Mourinho the first time around. But look at how Mourinho's outbursts were treated after he fell out of favour with the media. The whole "mind games" thing is a load of shite.

11 hours ago, Dan said:

Liverpool 2-1 win. They have surely got to drop some points soon mind.

If we win I think there's a pretty drastic jumping to conclusions movement that will pile pressure on to the rest of our season... if we draw or lose it will remain described as a two horse race....

11 minutes ago, Harry said:

If we win I think there's a pretty drastic jumping to conclusions movement that will pile pressure on to the rest of our season... if we draw or lose it will remain described as a two horse race....

Lol so you think we’ll be under more pressure with a bigger gap?

The pressure is already on us for going down to the wire last season and failing. The players know they have to be next to perfect and each league fixture is basically must win.

There’s already a lot of pressure. If we lose points here, it’ll be even more pressure.

27 minutes ago, Harry said:

Really don't understand your thinking at times matexD

8 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Lol so you think we’ll be under more pressure with a bigger gap?

The pressure is already on us for going down to the wire last season and failing. The players know they have to be next to perfect and each league fixture is basically must win.

There’s already a lot of pressure. If we lose points here, it’ll be even more pressure.

If we win we are cemented as unmistakeable favorites for the title, and chokers if we don't win. If we lose it remains a two horse race with us able to say "peps team are one of the greatest ever. Not our fault.".

39 minutes ago, Harry said:

If we win we are cemented as unmistakeable favorites for the title, and chokers if we don't win. If we lose it remains a two horse race with us able to say "peps team are one of the greatest ever. Not our fault.".

We’re already 6 points ahead mate. Cut that down by half and the pressure is well on.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

We’re already 6 points ahead mate. Cut that down by half and the pressure is well on.

True mate but when the pelleton is well on your heels it's easier to keep up your place than when you're way out front by yourself.

Just now, Rick said:

Lol, @Harry what are you on about? 

Pressure is there already, always will be with these fuckers chasing us, but if we don’t get anything out of the game then obviously the pressure gets heightened. 

It's a different kind of pressure mate. To be that far out in front the pressure can really mount if you drop points and starting to look like your falling apart.

It's still a better position to be in but if we beat city and go 9 points clear then don't win the title that's a more damaging label that would be applied, and a different intensity of heat that would flow from opposition fans.

3 minutes ago, Rick said:

I’d rather us have the best chance of winning the league and worrying what people would say if we didn’t. Nine points clear on the board would be very much welcome. 

I've never said otherwise mate. 

I just noted the potential change in narrative and favorites tag that would arise if we did go 9 points clear

3 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Harry you are having a mare here mate. I'm sometimes pessimistic but fuck me, you go beyond the boundaries xD

I don't understand the fuss. I just said that if we win we will be clearly made as title favorites whereas if we lose we will remain as co favorites. 

Apparently some find that controversial 🙄

• The title was changed to Liverpool 3-1 Man City - Sunday 10th November, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived