The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 3-1 Man City - Sunday 10th November, 2019

football forum

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

He means the VAR replay. Looked potentially offside on the normal replays. He wants to see where they draw the lines to see if Salah's armpit was offside.

I'm not bothering with it because the Reds will say I'm biased or bitter or something but it was strange how quickly that check got cleared compared to some of the other close ones we've seen recently.

It's not impossible that they're showing less of the VAR to the public because the pictures of the Firmino and Sheffield United offside did the rounds and made them look stupid. Probably just that they're deciding to show the celebrations instead of the checks which is the correct thing.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

He means the VAR replay. Looked potentially offside on the normal replays. He wants to see where they draw the lines to see if Salah's armpit was offside.

I'm not bothering with it because the Reds will say I'm biased or bitter or something but it was strange how quickly that check got cleared compared to some of the other close ones we've seen recently.

It's not impossible that they're showing less of the VAR to the public because the pictures of the Firmino and Sheffield United offside did the rounds and made them look stupid. Probably just that they're deciding to show the celebrations instead of the checks which is the correct thing.

Exactly what I mean. This is just suspect. I'm not bitter. I've thought it about a couple of decisions that went our way too.

• Subscriber

My question on the first goal - even if it's not a penalty, the ball has undoubtedly hit his arm in the build up to a goal. Surely this rules Liverpool's goal out?

Football is honestly fucked. It's gone even more spectacularly badly than I thought it would.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I thought Salah's goal might be offside, would love to see it again though

They finally showed a replay a minute or two ago. It looks offside from the diagonal camera angle but Stones' foot was playing him on.

• The title was changed to Liverpool 3-1 Man City - Sunday 10th November, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived