The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 3-1 Man City - Sunday 10th November, 2019

football forum

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Yes. Ive told you before, see the comments on this forum. All anti Liverpool from Hertfordshire to Leicestershire. Just enjoy it. 

Why is it suddenly about Liverpool? When people were calling Alli's handball out against us last weekend was it because there's a nationwide agenda against North London?

The ball hit his hand, whether it's handball or not is up for debate but the ball hit his hand, it's not like people are just making this up.

And if you continue to demean legitimate debate and opinions that are in any way against Liverpool by fobbing it off as some sort of anti-Scouse agenda, it only happens more.

I’m not the one mentioning match fixing first. Got people in here calling the decisions “bent” and “something is going on”. Everybody STILL happily ignoring that Silva played the ball with his arm first, just moments before it hit Trent’s. 

I’m not denying that it was handball, but if you’re giving it for that then you give it for Silva’s too. So City can’t have any complaints. Also, not sure what people are looking at but on the reply it’s clearly showed Salah to be onside. 

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Why is it suddenly about Liverpool? When people were calling Alli's handball out against us last weekend was it because there's a nationwide agenda against North London?

The ball hit his hand, whether it's handball or not is up for debate but the ball hit his hand, it's not like people are just making this up.

And if you continue to demean legitimate debate and opinions that are in any way against Liverpool by fobbing it off as some sort of anti-Scouse agenda, it only happens more.

Im just amazed how anyone who lives in this country can think there is a bias towards anything to do with Liverpool. 

You're sound. Evertonians should hate Liverpool. 

And yes I did think you were fucked over last week and said so! 

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm sure he said the Alli handball was just that to be fair

3 minutes ago, Rick said:

I’m not the one mentioning match fixing first. Got people in here calling the decisions “bent” and “something is going on”. Everybody STILL happily ignoring that Silva played the ball with his arm first, just moments before it hit Trent’s. 

I’m not denying that it was handball, but if you’re giving it for that then you give it for Silva’s too. So City can’t have any complaints. Also, not sure what people are looking at but on the reply it’s clearly showed Salah to be onside. 

If it led to a goal it would have been a handball against Silva but the letter of the law says it's not a handball against Trent or whoever it was

• Subscriber

Nobody answered me on that bit about it hitting an arm in the build up to Fabinho's goal. Even if it's not enough for a penalty, any contact with the arm (which 100% happened) in the build up rules the goal out by default. It's happened a few times this season.

They didn't think this through at all when they came up with these rules.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Im just amazed how anyone who lives in this country can think there is a bias towards anything to do with Liverpool. 

You're sound. Evertonians should hate Liverpool. 

Has anyone said that? I dont think there's bias towards Liverpool but I do think it's *possible* that the magnitude of the fixture has influenced their decision.

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

I'm sure he said the Alli handball was just that to be fair

That's not my point. What I'm saying is last week people were fairly arguing that Alli's handball should have been a penalty. Nobody painted this as an agenda against Spurs or North London. This week people are fairly arguing that TAA handled the ball and suddenly it's because the Midlands and the rest of the country are prejudiced against Merseyside and scousers.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Dan said:

Nobody answered me on that bit about it hitting an arm in the build up to Fabinho's goal. Even if it's not enough for a penalty, any contact with the arm (which 100% happened) in the build up rules the goal out by default. It's happened a few times this season.

This yeah, I guess they’ve deemed it’s a separate passage of play and considering Fabinho got it from a City clearance I think it’s fair enough. 

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

I'm guessing they mean in the build up to the attacking side's goal, so when silva's attack faded away they thought well the handball from Taa is only equal to the one by silva so fair to let it stand. 

• Subscriber

If they've decided it wasn't handball then there's no reason to pull it back. You can't say a touch in your own area is in the build up to a goal at the other end.

The Bernardo handball was completely accidental but my understanding is that if the ball had broken to Sterling and he scored then it should have been disallowed.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

You're the one who has just effectively said the league is bent towards to Liverpool, soft lad. 

Sorry life has been so tough on you petal. 

The interpretation of VAR is bent. To go from the farce of Sheffield Uniteds disallowed goal yesterday and the extensive checks we had then, to today’s sham is another nail in the coffin for the current iteration of VAR. Like when people put words in my mouth though 

• The title was changed to Liverpool 3-1 Man City - Sunday 10th November, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived