talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 3-1 Man City - Sunday 10th November, 2019

football forum

3 minutes ago, Storts said:

Sorry life has been so tough on you petal. 

The interpretation of VAR is bent. To go from the farce of Sheffield Uniteds disallowed goal yesterday and the extensive checks we had then, to today’s sham is another nail in the coffin for the current iteration of VAR. Like when people put words in my mouth though 

Apologise if I read it wrong but doesn't 'bent' mean corrupt as in being influenced by a certain party influence? 

Realise I've said some stupid stuff in my time. 

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Football is truly amazing escapism. It can even give Southerners a chance to feel oppressed to the benefit of northern industrial towns. 

Storts is here claiming that a goal against his own team by a Northern club being disallowed yesterday was farcical in his argument against VAR, and we're interpreting this as him thinking he's being oppressed by Northern towns?

If there is a national prejudice against Liverpool or the North in general coming from the South it only gets undermined by mad shouts like these.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Apologise if I read it wrong but doesn't 'bent' mean corrupt as in being influenced by a certain party influence? 

Realise I've said some stupid stuff in my time. 

You read it right - I think there’s definitely an element of bias in the magnitude of this game and the teams playing. There’s no reason to have a 4 minute check for an offside yesterday and not have a proper check of Salahs which looked equally as tight. 

But my comment was in reference to VAR and it’s usage. Hence the game is gone - I hate it

Just now, Storts said:

You read it right - I think there’s definitely an element of bias in the magnitude of this game and the teams playing. There’s no reason to have a 4 minute check for an offside yesterday and not have a proper check of Salahs which looked equally as tight. 

But my comment was in reference to VAR and it’s usage. Hence the game is gone - I hate it

I didn’t see the incident yesterday, but 4 minutes for an offside call is far too many minutes. Especially if it was just as tight as Salah’s, because you can tell right away on a replay.

I think VAR’s a load of shit though, all positive benefits are wiped out by the fact it’s just created much more controversy.

• Subscriber

Liverpool, quite rightly, are enjoying this. City aren’t playing awfully but their defence just cannot seem to handle Liverpool’s attaching trio at all. Aguero looks really frustrated in front of goal too.

• Subscriber

At least Mane is in my fantasy team.

I keep saying it but I simply can't get my head around City not signing a centre back.

That aside, surely Walker at centre back would have been a better choice with Cancelo at right back. Do you drop Stones or Fernandinho though? Stones never had the backbone for games like this. Bagging £50m for him pre-Neymar inflation is still the best deal we've done as a club in my time.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

At least Mane is in my fantasy team.

I keep saying it but I simply can't get my head around City not signing a centre back.

That aside, surely Walker at centre back would have been a better choice with Cancelo at right back. Do you drop Stones or Fernandinho though? Stones never had the backbone for games like this. Bagging £50m for him pre-Neymar inflation is still the best deal we've done as a club in my time.

You’d drop Stones 100% - although I’m not convinced Walker at CB is better than Stones at CB

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I didn’t see the incident yesterday, but 4 minutes for an offside call is far too many minutes. Especially if it was just as tight as Salah’s, because you can tell right away on a replay.

I think VAR’s a load of shit though, all positive benefits are wiped out by the fact it’s just created much more controversy.

Mate it was ridiculous, given offside eventually and I’m not even convinced he was off. 

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I think we are legitimately the best team in Europe right now. I think we could honestly beat any team in the world comfortably. 

Klopp is a miracle worker. 

Champions of Europe

Lost the league by a point

Smashed Barca

Toying with City now

No question. 

6 minutes ago, Storts said:

Mate it was ridiculous, given offside eventually and I’m not even convinced he was off. 

One positive from VAR is it really exposes the video ref and when you have a match where they’re the actual ref, you know you’ve got a shit ref

5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I think we are legitimately the best team in Europe right now. I think we could honestly beat any team in the world comfortably. 

Klopp is a miracle worker. 

What a football team. I asked my dad the other day how they compared to the 70s and 80s and he said they were better. I've heard others say it too

How has a game between two northern sides ended up in a couple of posters moaning about southerners? This forum is a caricature of itself sometimes xD

How has Pep not sussed how not to get pumped by Klopp yet? Shocking really

• The title was changed to Liverpool 3-1 Man City - Sunday 10th November, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived