talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 3-1 Man City - Sunday 10th November, 2019

football forum

8 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

What a football team. I asked my dad the other day how they compared to the 70s and 80s and he said they were better. I've heard others say it too

The late 80's with Barnes, Aldridge and Beardsley, with Hanson and Nicol at the back etc was an excellent team. Houghton too was a proper anchor. 

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Sterling is such a whiny player. I know it seems to be the culture nowadays for players and fans alike to moan about absolutely anything but Raheem hasn’t stopped all game. Same with Pep but he doesn’t like it when his team is getting dominated so.

Not a vintage performance from us, we were only ever in control on the counter attacks. But what a great performance in terms of defending and counter attacking.

Credit to City, it takes a great team to come to Anfield and play like that for 90 minutes and not give up even when you’re 3-0 down.

However, it also must be said: fuck City and fuck Pep Guardiola 

11 minutes ago, Danny said:

This Liverpool side isn’t going anywhere anytime soon, potential for a new era of dominance 

They are fucking great, Guardiola will be running off scared come May. I thought last season was our chance but we're even better this season. Fuck me

3 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Sterling is such a whiny player. I know it seems to be the culture nowadays for players and fans alike to moan about absolutely anything but Raheem hasn’t stopped all game. Same with Pep but he doesn’t like it when his team is getting dominated so.

I get the same impression everytime I'm on the stands. People complain about throw in decisions even if they couldn't have known whether the decision was correct or not in the first place. 

City played really well, have to say. It's credit to Liverpool that they got 3-1 out of that because for the most part, they were second best. Just so clinical finishing wise and that is what Champions do.

Sterling was brilliant. Dunno how he was on the losing team because he gave TAA absolute nightmares. I felt for him because he was getting some heavy handed treatment and its been said he disappears in this game but he was class today, just unlucky.

For me, the handball by TAA is a penalty all day long, and if he doesnt do that, Sterling is tapping it in, but less said about that the better.

Thought Lovren and Van Dijk were pretty exceptional at the back, so many blocks and challenges and they had to be on top of their game today.

And two peaches of a cross by Robertson and Henderson today were as good as goals. They absolutely were top class deliveries begging to be put in. The Hendo one is actually insane how he manages that.

6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

City played really well, have to say. It's credit to Liverpool that they got 3-1 out of that because for the most part, they were second best. Just so clinical finishing wise and that is what Champions do.

Sterling was brilliant. Dunno how he was on the losing team because he gave TAA absolute nightmares. I felt for him because he was getting some heavy handed treatment and its been said he disappears in this game but he was class today, just unlucky.

For me, the handball by TAA is a penalty all day long, and if he doesnt do that, Sterling is tapping it in, but less said about that the better.

Thought Lovren and Van Dijk were pretty exceptional at the back, so many blocks and challenges and they had to be on top of their game today.

And two peaches of a cross by Robertson and Henderson today were as good as goals. They absolutely were top class deliveries begging to be put in. The Hendo one is actually insane how he manages that.

Agree with all that except the penalty decision. Yes it hits TAA's arm, but only after it comes off Silva's arm. Cant give one without the other. 

• The title was changed to Liverpool 3-1 Man City - Sunday 10th November, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived