Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund, 17.30

Sunday 10th November, 2019
Borussia Monchengladbach vs Werder Bremen, 12.30
Wolfsburg vs Bayer Leverkusen
Freiburg vs Eintracht Frankfurt, 17.30

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did consider offering Tommy a chance but with both Uth and Burgstaller not selected, we might get a goal or two and the unlikely event of Caligiuri putting a shot on target seems to have paid off - the brain-dead young American almost gave a penalty away with the last kick of the half, but he got away with it and at present 04 are 3rd!  Dw's selections are still not quite what one would expect - Schopf with zilch so far and our US 'defender' again totally out of depth and position.  Ah Well!....

• Subscriber

Yet another goal conceded from a set piece, then another one due to a goalkeeper error two minutes later, and then having our goal disallowed after a dubious VAR decision. Yeah sounds like a typical Werder match alright.

Also what kind of a cripple have BVB sold to us in Toprak? Injured again shortly before the kick off. 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Entertaining match. Pretty equal I'd say apart from the efectness (is that even a word). Bremen are certainly better than their current position in the table. 

Efficiency :) 

Yeah the scoreline isn't a fair reflection of the match but all in all a deserved win for Gladbach.  

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Efficiency :) 

Yea... I know that word but couldn't think of it. Yesterday was a bit much :hh:xD

I wonder if Gladbach can keep it up all season. Would be great to have a "different" title contender. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Yea... I know that word but couldn't think of it. Yesterday was a bit much :hh:xD

I wonder if Gladbach can keep it up all season. Would be great to have a "different" title contender. 

I would love it if they won the title this season. Hard to say; it will be tough to keep it up and a team like Bayern have much more individual quality once they sort themselves out. Fingers crossed though!

• Subscriber
21 hours ago, Machado said:

Seems like Lewandoski is on the form of his life. What a legend. 22 this season and it's still november.

So much this. Honigstein had an article in the athletic (paywall) where he talked about Lewy actually taking time to mentor the other young strikers we have at and after training. He also let Coutinho take a penalty in a game earlier to get his first of the season, which I dont think Ive ever seen him do here before. Theres certainly been a shift in his attitude, far less complaining about teammates on the pitch and off it and poor body language durring matches etc. In the article Honigstein points to the timing of him signing another extension that he believes finally signals the end of him trying to leave with all the Real talks and Lewy switching agents to angle for a move etc now it seems he has fully bought into the club and seems completely settled. 

Anyways I was able to watch both the Dortmund match and the Olympiakos match here at my resort in Mexico. They have a big theatre esq room with leather seats and a big screen it was great, Ill post some pictures when I get back!

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Holy fuck, anyone watching Freiburg - Frankfurt? Frankfurt's Abraham just body checked Christian Streich and got sent off. 

And then Grifo red card for putting his hand around Abraham's face :4_joy:

What the fuck was Abraham thinking though. Love how the whole Freiburg bench went after him xD 

Just now, nudge said:

And then Grifo red card for putting his hand around Abraham's face :4_joy:

What the fuck was Abraham thinking though. Love how the whole Freiburg bench went after him xD 

Even I was fucking furious. Christian Streich is a national treasure. Grifo acted accordingly and shouldn't have been punished :P  

That should be a LONG ban for Abraham though. I expect at least 4-5 games. 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Even I was fucking furious. Christian Streich is a national treasure. Grifo acted accordingly and shouldn't have been punished :P  

That should be a LONG ban for Abraham though. I expect at least 4-5 games. 

Grifo should get a medal xD 

Yeah definitely a long ban and deservedly so. 

Hilarious xD 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived