Atletico Madrid vs Espanyol, 15.00
Getafe vs Osasuna, 17.30
Real Betis vs Sevilla, 20.00

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
36 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Real will drop points against Eibar, Barcelona will vs Celta and Real Sociedad will win and go top.

Sevilla will also lose against Real Betis and Atletico will narrowly beat Espanyol.

Funnily enough I think the same for all apart from Betis & Sevilla. 

On 07/11/2019 at 18:09, Stan said:

Funnily enough I think the same for all apart from Betis & Sevilla. 

I think Real Betis will win on the basis that it's a derby and they are the home team, although form wise, Sevilla should breeze it. You never know in football.

Are we watching the Real Sociedad vs Leganes game tonight or what?

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I think Real Betis will win on the basis that it's a derby and they are the home team, although form wise, Sevilla should breeze it. You never know in football.

Are we watching the Real Sociedad vs Leganes game tonight or what?

I've got the mighty Dulwich vs Carlisle on xD

You watching Sociedad? 

38 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

2 great free kicks by Messi again. 

The free kick by Olaza for Celta was class aswell. 

It wasn't a great performance at all though, other than in patches, mainly later in the second half. 

It was a very mediocre performance and we mustn't forget Celta were on top for the first 15 minutes. There's something very wrong there but if ever we needed an example of how the players feel on Valverde, just look at Busquets' goal celebration.

Just now, SirBalon said:

It was a very mediocre performance and we mustn't forget Celta were on top for the first 15 minutes. There's something very wrong there but if ever we needed an example of how the players feel on Valverde, just look at Busquets' goal celebration.

The worst I've seen Barcelona in a long time. Surprised to still be top of the league. It's as if nobody wants to actually win it this season. 

27 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

The worst I've seen Barcelona in a long time. Surprised to still be top of the league. It's as if nobody wants to actually win it this season. 

It's the most open year since back in the day when all sorts like Valencia, Real Sociedad and Atlético Madrid were all challenging.

There are all sorts of theories as to what's wrong at Barça but then again the same is being spoken about Real Madrid. There is a difference though, and that is that historically Real Madrid do not have a patented style of football they're required to play as well as possible so as to be successful whereas Barcelona do unless all around them is also mediocre which seems to be the case uptill November 2019.

Many are saying a decent proportion of the problems are down to Ernesto Valverde in that if we look at his coaching career, he hasn't been all that good in starting a new era with many new players in vital positions which is the case right now at Barça.

All those players in and around the first team now just waiting to become a permanent fixture are all young players like for example Ansu Fati, Carles Pérez, Riqui Puig, Ousmane Dembélé, Frenkie de Jong, Clement Lenglet, Nélson Semedo, Junior Firpo etc...

Take for example Sergio Busquets who dedicated part of his goal celebration to Valverde himself, he started on the bench! It was the injury to Semedo that forced Valverde to bring Sergio Roberto from midfield into his improvised duties so many times as a right-back and then bring on Busquets. It was Busy himself who added stability to the midfield and freed De Jong from the responsibility of being that anchor between defence and the mechanics in front of that position... Only Busquets knows how to do that automatically and also become a part of what's going on up front as the play develops. Anyone else that plays in Busquets' position, sticks! They don't move and in general just play safe by concentrating on that job because anything else leaves you open to stinging counter-attacks which is where Barça have been hurt so badly this season so far and was seen especially in the first Champions League clash Barça had against Slavia Prague (away).

A coach that understands Barcelona, has a reputation with young players and making them gel-in who also demands respect due to the heavyweight personalities that tend to play for a club the size of Barça is required. The question is who! 

40 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Betis are dross.

Derbies are always hard to predict and as we know, form many times has no play in a possible outcome. But without a shadow of a doubt, this Betis side HAS to be playing better and there are serious problems there. It just goes to show how unfair the criticism aimed at Quique Setién by a big proportion of the Betis faithful. In my opinion they lost a very good coach in Setién!

Betis have had a lot of problems at board level which hasn't helped them in the past year or so. They didn't spend well either in the summer (which is partly down to those who are making the decisions behind the scenes) and the atmosphere amongst the fans and at the ground isn't a good one which is a shame as not long ago things were looking up. I feel sorry for Rubi as definitely not all of it is his fault but looking solely at the job he's done so far it's true to say they are all over the place in terms of tactics, identity and organisation. Despite the poor summer in terms of strengthening the team, Betis are in a relegation battle but their squad is significantly better compared to the teams ahead of them and the teams in and around them, a lot of it has to fall on Rubi but they are a mess at all levels.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived